draft beer in my kitchen

Post #1 made 12 years ago
I don't have time for a long write up, but my weekend project included installing 2 beer faucets over my kitchen counter.
i'll let the pictures do the talking:
https://picasaweb.google.com/shibolet.b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... directlink
Last edited by shibolet on 30 Oct 2011, 18:13, edited 5 times in total.
Cube:
fermenter: Sourdough Spelt Ale, Classic Lambic, Oud Brune, Barrel Aged Belgian Dubbel
Kegs: Bob's Black IPA, Blanc Blond, Soda...
to be brewed:

Post #2 made 12 years ago
sigurdur wrote:Is the second tap for "soda water" ...? (To sell this to my wife, I'd have to sell her the idea of having soda water on tap..)
that is exactly how i sold it to the wife! ;)
Last edited by shibolet on 30 Oct 2011, 19:45, edited 5 times in total.
Cube:
fermenter: Sourdough Spelt Ale, Classic Lambic, Oud Brune, Barrel Aged Belgian Dubbel
to be brewed:

Post #4 made 12 years ago
I just asked my wife and she said no! She said I need the exercise going up and down the stairs! Drat! Another brilliant idea shot down in flames. Time for a walk!!!
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 2 Bourbon Barrel Porter
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Pipeline: Mulled Cider 10% ABV

http://cheesestradamus.com/ Brewers challenge!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #6 made 12 years ago
hashie wrote:Great work Shib.

Bob, you must be the fittest man in Central Wisconsin :)

Not really! I have a stash of chip's and assorted goodies near the tapper! I have gained 50 lbs. this summer avoiding any kind of physical activities. I must admit my wrist's are in good shape from pouring beer and opening bags of chips!
Last edited by BobBrews on 31 Oct 2011, 06:49, edited 5 times in total.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #7 made 12 years ago
I spent Sunday upgrading my 4 tap keg fridge to 3x Perlicks 525SS and 1x 575SS

And SS shanks

And yes, there is a soda water tap, which gets a helluva lot of use!
Fermenting: -
Cubed: -
Stirplate: -
On Tap: NS Summer Ale III (WY1272), Landlord III (WY1469), Fighter's 70/- II (WY1272), Roast Porter (WY1028), Cider, Soda
Next: Munich Helles III

5/7/12

Post #8 made 12 years ago
What's soda water :scratch: :think: :lol:

I'm not sure shib if you are on the verge of a divorce or a very good long-term relationship :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #9 made 12 years ago
I do have a spare set....

(I split the postage with a friend)
On Tap: NS Summer Ale III (WY1272), Landlord III (WY1469), Fighter's 70/- II (WY1272), Roast Porter (WY1028), Cider, Soda

5/7/12

Post #10 made 12 years ago
sigurdur wrote:Bob, you gotta start doing what I do .. go out for a run for a half an hour / an hour, then reward yourself with 2-6 beers (depending on ABV, time of day, day of week, your wife's mood, etc..) :drink:
Sigurdur,

I take the dog outside to pee three our four times a day! Isn't that enough? I also walk to the tapper to get my beer! Exercise is way overrated. I do run my mouth a lot doesn't that count?
Last edited by BobBrews on 01 Nov 2011, 09:43, edited 5 times in total.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #11 made 12 years ago
I brew downstairs and have to carry full cubes down and full kegs up... Does that count?

5/7/12

Post #12 made 11 years ago
so, i wasn't sure, but my original post says i posted on 30/10/2011, so it's been 11 months and i only just got around to actually putting soda water on tap.
the soda has a faint but noticeable aroma of beer. which neither my wife or myself mind, but i wonder if it means that my kegs or lines are not as clean as can be?
also, should i be looking at replacing my beer lines, now that they've been in use for almost a year?
Cube:
to be brewed:

Post #13 made 11 years ago
Shibolet,

I occasionally fill a keg with some cleaning solution and run it through the lines. I leave it hooked up for a day and put a warning on the tap not to use it. I think that the tap-line cleaning solution in the line for a day cleans it well enough. I flush with some water (sometimes I let water stay in the line for a while also?) and hook up some beer! It seems to keep any off flavors out of the lines? Of course with my lack of taste buds what do I know?
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Return to “Kegging”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 8 guests