Inkbird

Post #1 made 8 years ago
I've finally got a brew fridge, very impressed with the ink bird
I put a FV in at 1530 and by 1800 it was at 21c started out at 24.7 :lol:
If I new how to put photos up I would :lol:
Just need to get one more fridge now :thumbs:

Post #3 made 8 years ago
Is it like the one controlling my keezer here.

4th picture down?
Last edited by mally on 28 Apr 2016, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
G B
I spent lots of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered
I've stopped drinking, but only when I'm asleep
I ONCE gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Great Britain

Post #5 made 7 years ago
I've got an Inkbird on order that's got heating and cooling control. Instead of the standard probe I chose a 12' stainless probe which I'll put through the F.V lid directly into the wort.
Finally found a secondhand fridge last week. All fridge no freezer, has a circulating fan built in and holds 30 x 750mL bottles as well as the f.V so I can condition each batch when it's finished.
Really hanging out now for the Inkbird to arrive so I can work out the best way to run the probe and heater cabling.
Stout, Stout, Stout, and some other stuff...
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Australia

Post #7 made 7 years ago
I'll give the drain hole a try for the probe wire, but I think I'll have to run the heater belt cable past the door seal.

Post #8 made 7 years ago
Got the Inkbird controller today and I'm really happy with it. Just need a rubber grommet the right size for the probe to be inserted in through the top of the F.V so it sits in the wort. It's just hanging at the moment but keeping the temp nice and stable between the firdge and the heating belt. Plug in, set and forget, hopefully....
Why didn't I do this before?

Re: Inkbird

Post #9 made 6 years ago
I just went through this with an Inkbird and a 126 can beverage center. The drain hole route is the way to go in my opinion but.... I did have to drill out the hole from the inside a bit to make it fit. The fridge had a built in digital thermostat I had to bypass and as a result lost the light on the inside as well. I recommend running a string through the inside first and tieing it off to the probe to pull it through.

Tony
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From United States of America

Re: Inkbird

Post #10 made 5 years ago
As an update to the probe cable, I now have two fermenting fridges, and one freezer which I butchered into a keezer setup then changed to a fermenting/secondary conditioner. On all of these I’ve found that the probe cable going past the door seal is fine. On the fridges I also run a heating belt cable past the door seal without issues. For further peace of mind for thicker cables it is easy to mould some duct tape around the cable and shape it to close the gaps created by the cable.
The freezer I’m using for secondary/conditioning has the regular probe. After using the 6” s/s probe directly into the wort for both the fridges I wanted to try the regular probe with a styrofoam casing which I cut out of some old box packaging. This has worked well.
Over a year on and I’m still very happy with the inkbirds, so much that I’ve now got three of them and will now look at the humidity control version for mushroom farming.

Inkbird Calibration Question

Post #11 made 4 years ago
After about a year and a half something strange has begun with my Inkbird ITC-308. It seems that as the set temperature is lowered the probe reading drifts further from the actual temperature. I have a digital thermometer that I calibrated in both ice water and boiling, accounting for elevation and barometric pressure, and it comfirmed the issue over multiple days. I get that the 308 isn't too expensive and easily replaceable but I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Also, what brand/model do you guys recommend if I decide not to go back to Inkbirds? No batch currently fermenting so no worries there at least.

Cheers
Tony
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From United States of America

Return to “Fermentation (Wort to Still Beer)”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 10 guests