I Call it Brewus Maximus

Post #1 made 13 years ago
Thought I would share my shiny new setup.
20110625-140358.jpg
It’s a 120L aluminium pot with a SS 2 piece ball valve.
Coming from a 40L pot that has served me well over the past 4 years, and since I am brewing more and more I thought it was time for a BIG upgrade!

Happily I can report that my first brew was a total success, I brewed JZ's mild from Brewing Classic Styles using a combination of "The Calculator" and BeerSmith 2.0 (after seriously setting it up properly for BIAB, thanks to BIABrewer.info!)
It was a 44L batch with a starting volume of 65L. I hit all my gravities and volumes spot on. It is so good not tho have to worry about boil-overs, not having the right amount of water etc. etc.

The only issue is that both my BIAB bags are two small, so it’s off to the MIL’s with a bunch of flowers to get a super sized BIAB bag made.
20110625-142238.jpg
Very happy!
Cheers
DK
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DK1 on 28 Jun 2011, 17:48, edited 5 times in total.

Post #2 made 13 years ago
Nice :!:
do you have a sky hook or something for lifting the bag out?

what do you ferment in?
Cube:
fermenter: Sourdough Spelt Ale, Classic Lambic, Oud Brune, Barrel Aged Belgian Dubbel
Kegs: Bob's Black IPA, Blanc Blond, Soda...
to be brewed:

Post #3 made 13 years ago
Hi,
yep I have a 2:1 pulley to get the bag out without breaking my back.
No chill in a couple of 20L cubes and ferment in a 60L fermenter, which just fits in my fermenting fridge!

Cheers

Post #4 made 13 years ago
Very nice :clap: :thumbs:

I was gonna mention that you might suffer from lower efficiency with the small bag you have pictured, but it seems everything went well and you're planning on getting a new one :clap:

What kind of burner are you using? I'm only doing stove-top brewing right now but have my eye on the future for when I can upgrade. I really don't have a good idea on the different types of burners and what size kettle each can handle.

Post #5 made 13 years ago
DK1 wrote:Hi,
yep I have a 2:1 pulley to get the bag out without breaking my back.
No chill in a couple of 20L cubes and ferment in a 60L fermenter, which just fits in my fermenting fridge!

Cheers
DK, could you please post a picture of your 2:1 pulley?
Last edited by shibolet on 28 Jun 2011, 22:02, edited 5 times in total.
Cube:
fermenter: Sourdough Spelt Ale, Classic Lambic, Oud Brune, Barrel Aged Belgian Dubbel
Kegs: Bob's Black IPA, Blanc Blond, Soda...
to be brewed:

Return to “Electric BIAB”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 18 guests