Got my stock pot

Post #1 made 8 years ago
Just got my stock pot from empire supplies online and i am well happy.
Talk about a thick base :) 35x35cm internal and handles that can lift a full pot.
:champ:
IMG_20160519_191241.jpg
IMG_20160519_191230.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Hoover on 20 May 2016, 02:17, edited 1 time in total.

Post #3 made 8 years ago
It is nice.

From the other thread you had Hoover, I fear you are going to be drilling holes in that nice pot - don't!!!

A few days ago, I finally had the holes in my two kettles welded back up and closed. It is not an easy job, cost me AU$90 and they can only make one side look good.

Best thing I ever did though. I still have no idea why I drilled those holes :scratch:.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #4 made 8 years ago
Hoover, when you apply heat, there may be a lag in what Temp you measure in the stirred liquid as the thick kettle bottom absorbs some heat. Similarly, if you turn off the heat source, the Temp might continue to rise.while the thick bottom transfers more residual heat to the liquid. Watch for it and you will get a feel for how to compensate.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #5 made 8 years ago
Going to use the induction hobs temp setting and do a calibration run. Compare setting to actual temp, also have invested in a digital temp meter that can be calibrated.
The only hole i was thinking of drilling was a bottom ball valve.

Return to “Electric BIAB”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 17 guests