some things you should just leave alone! lol

Post #1 made 10 years ago
Well i just cracked a hefe that i bottled 2 weeks ago just to see how it was coming along...and this is one of those brews where you go damn! I should of just left it the way it was! :lol:

The first batch i made...in my opinion was a cracker...bitterness was perfect...had a nice creamy head...and a nice whack of banana with just hints of clove. Yeast i used was wyeast bavarian wheat...and fermented itat about 22oC. This time i went for weinstaphen...fermented at 20oC. To be honest...i wish i had of gone with the bavarian and fermented warmer. Madw a much nicer beer which reminded me somewhat of 4 pines hefeweizen. This ones much more towards the cloveish end of the scale...and its really something i dont like too much. Gotta love brewing its a constant learning curve...even a small change can make a huge impact on the finished product!

Post #2 made 10 years ago
pist, work with dried yeasts as much as you can especially when starting out. Also, don't form an opinion after two brews. The second yeast at a lower temp may have been just as good as the first. And, even the water you use on those days could have been entirely different. As much as possible, start your styles using a dry yeast.

Good report :salute:,
PP
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #4 made 10 years ago
Not sure I'd say its more consistent than a liquid yeast although it probably is Mr Yetti :). What I really mean though is that it is cheaper and more hassle-free. Also, the quality of dried yeasts is just as good as liquid so if you have a dried option then go for it!

Liquid yeasts often require starters etc and this can be problematic especially for new brewers who already have enough on their plate. Liquid yeasts are really unnecessary for so many beer styles so I'd advise playing with them until you have everything else under control and even then, only if doing so will be of advantage to a beer you are brewing.

:peace:
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Return to “Intermediate Brewing”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 21 guests