PCB Beer Fest - April 16th 2016

Post #1 made 8 years ago
Hosted at Fish Ale Tap and Grill -

Got my VIP ticket, can't wait, my girl will drop me off and I'll have great fun!

I am proud to say that Panama City Beach, Florida will be the first brewery in our county starting up in a couple of weeks and our own Mike Delf as one of the two master brewers.

NIVOL BREWERY
http://www.nivolbrewery.com/

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #2 made 8 years ago
Congratulations MS! I had no idea a city as large as Panama City didn't have multiple breweries... Somehow I thought you were from Tallahassee... ;) Panama City sounds more relaxing. Have fun. Looks like a good time.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Post #3 made 8 years ago
Don't get me started Scott. We (location wise) have been behind the times for ages.

PCB has brought some perks. Last month we landed at a beach restaurant that had Founders Red Rye on tap. A quick Google and a sample landed me two rounds over the course of dinner.

Friday we went to Fort Walton Beach, Florida (FWB) where I bought a 4-pack of Grayton Beach Breweries Redneck Rye-viera, a Double IPA, a 8.1% 83 IBU.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #5 made 8 years ago
Yeah, I know some guys from Panama City. Business acquaintences. Nice fun loving guys..and yes - very much red necks! Not appreciative of fine craft beer... Moonshine, probably so...and cheap, lite beer. And fishing...and shootin' guns.

Actually visited Panama City once back in 1987. Early September...was in the military in GA and had just got back from a month training in the desert, much needing a break! A few of us went down. What I can remember through an alcohol induced haze was a lot of fun...!!! :smoke: :party: :thumbs:

Re: PCB Beer Fest - April 16th 2016

Post #7 made 8 years ago
Ahh my bad spelling, enhanced further by a few bottles, Oh well, but I doubt it tastes better even if spelt correctly.

Thinking of taste and beer festivals my local one is coming soon, slopping proof that small does not usual mean better.

On my last visit of the ten or so (1/2's) I tried some tasted like cheap kits more like 2 can kits and one got poured straight on the grass.

The two highlights were, a bottle of Linderman's Peach Lambic and the hog roast bap with extra apple sauce.

I jest not, the overall standard was mediocre but I tried less than 10% of the brews so possibly I was simply unlucky.

My impression of my local microbrewery's is that they churn out simple base brews, thin, fast n cheap to which they may or may not add improbable amounts of hops.

Atb. Aamcle
    • Over 20 Brews From Great Britain

Post #8 made 8 years ago
Hey Aamcle,

Reading your post, found myself wondering where you were from...but it's not listed in your info. Ought to add it. Where are you from where the beer isn't very good? :roll: I feel for you... Love beer! :love:

We have lots of good beer in Oregon. Wife and I went out in Eugene last night (an hour drive south of our home). Several microbreweries within walking distance of the hotel. Last night we visited Ninkasi, Hop Valley, and Oakshire, (all top notch breweries) and then ate at another establishment... and had another beer and split a bottle of wine with the wife. (Had a little too much actually...but it was fun). :blush: Got a cab back.

Return to “U.S.A.”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 22 guests