Post #2 made 12 years ago
What did you do? Did you camp on the site waiting? I really had a good time but my headset caused a delay and I seemed slow to answer? I bought a web-cam yesterday so next time he can see me! Thanks for the "way to go" joshua!
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 2 Bourbon Barrel Porter
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Pipeline: Mulled Cider 10% ABV

http://cheesestradamus.com/ Brewers challenge!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #4 made 12 years ago
Just had a listen Bob and I reckon you did a magnificent job :thumbs: :clap: :champ:.

Hope you didn't wake up to a horse's head in your bed this morning :lol:.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #5 made 12 years ago
good job Bob !!!
Love your accent.
Cube:
fermenter: Sourdough Spelt Ale, Classic Lambic, Oud Brune, Barrel Aged Belgian Dubbel
Kegs: Bob's Black IPA, Blanc Blond, Soda...
to be brewed:

Post #6 made 12 years ago
Well done Bob I love it... :clap: :clap:

The best bit was as follows:

James:- "What are the Benefits of brewing beer on a frozen lake"

Bob:- "None what so ever"

Classic !!

:clap: :clap:

Yeasty
Why is everyone talking about "Cheese"
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From Great Britain

Post #7 made 12 years ago
BobBrews wrote:my headset caused a delay and I seemed slow to answer
Bob, you sounded great. i heard no delay.
Did James edit it out? :dunno:
Last edited by shibolet on 10 Feb 2012, 13:27, edited 3 times in total.
Cube:
fermenter: Sourdough Spelt Ale, Classic Lambic, Oud Brune, Barrel Aged Belgian Dubbel
Kegs: Bob's Black IPA, Blanc Blond, Soda...
to be brewed:

Post #8 made 12 years ago
Yeasty wrote:Well done Bob I love it... :clap: :clap:

The best bit was as follows:

James:- "What are the Benefits of brewing beer on a frozen lake"

Bob:- "None what so ever"

Classic !!

:clap: :clap:

Yeasty
Not true though ;)

I saw a good supply of chiller water in last year's video ;)
Last edited by stux on 10 Feb 2012, 21:23, edited 3 times in total.
Fermenting: -
Cubed: -
Stirplate: -
On Tap: NS Summer Ale III (WY1272), Landlord III (WY1469), Fighter's 70/- II (WY1272), Roast Porter (WY1028), Cider, Soda
Next: Munich Helles III

5/7/12

Post #9 made 12 years ago
I'm planning a brew this weekend and in honour of Bob I'm going to wear a pair of wellington boots and fill them full of ice cubes. :headhit:

Post #10 made 12 years ago
All,

Tomorrow is the big day and we are having 3 inches of "Light Flurries?" We don't have a problem with cold, we don't have problems with snow. We only have problems with wind. Tomorrows forecast is now for "Windy conditions"!!! With the fluffy snow we are currently getting it is going to be very interesting! The temperature will be OK, 15 ºF or -9.4ºC We can live with that. The burners will use a lot of propane trying to heat water in the wind, if they can remain lit?

The podcast was fun. We recorded for 10 minutes and talked about beer for the next hour and a half! I think we should have taped the whole discussion it might have been more interesting?

Yeasty. Brew a British Bitter and name it "Fish Pee" You must have a friend that has an aquarium that you can get your water from? I will have a beer in honor of BIAB'ers everywhere!
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #11 made 12 years ago
Bob,

Great interview! That sounds/looks like such a blast! If I were still in Wisco I'd be making the trip!

Ive got to say that I love your posts Bob. You've always got lots of great statements. I did use a quote of yours at the bottom of my posts, hope you don't mind.

trout
"All I know is that the beer is good and people clamor for it. OK, it's free and that has something to do with it."
Bobbrews
    • BME Brewer With Over 5 Brews From United States of America

Post #12 made 12 years ago
Good job Bob. You interviewed very well and are quite funny too. Did you every make that BIAB video or are you still looking for a body double? We all like your voice, no problem.

Post #13 made 12 years ago
Thanks for all the support and kind words. 2trout, If I say it? Quote it! Mad_Scientist, Yes I am working on it. Did some filming last fall to edit during the winter. Not BIAB quality so I will start again! That's not a problem because I am always brewing. The problem is that I am always drinking! Filming and drinking don't mix. I will film (record, no film anymore) today at the Polar brew. The day is here and it is -2 ºF,-18.88 ºC outside and I am quite warm now. I don't want to go outside and drink beer! Oh well, someone's got to do it?

I will try and post the movie today but the wife is coming back from Florida tonight and she warrants attention? That means I have to clean up the house!
Last edited by BobBrews on 11 Feb 2012, 20:33, edited 3 times in total.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #16 made 12 years ago
All,
I spent over 6 hours on a frozen lake with -20 ºF, -28.88 ºC. wind chill! That's enough for me! My beer froze in the cup and the bottle! My hands could not move for all the pain. I was in agony! I can't wait for next year! The beer I drank was good! The beer I brewed may not be. No one could get a decient boil going. Too windy and to cold. The beer froze in my cup and the 1.5 liter bottle I keep my home brew in froze. I had Ice beer? very "rich"? The people count was down because of the temperatures. I guess even the most hardy were smarter than me. When I took the grain out of the kettle and put it in a bucket it froze there. It is still in the garage waiting for Spring?

I have the movies transferred to the computer but mom is home from vacation and I have to see to her first! Cheers all! Keep warm!
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #17 made 12 years ago
BobBrews wrote:I can't wait for next year!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good on you Bob!Can't write any more - laughing too much...
Last edited by PistolPatch on 13 Feb 2012, 07:05, edited 3 times in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!

Post #21 made 12 years ago
Hey Bob, no ice fishing? The only thing better than brewing and drinking beer is brewing and drinking beer while fishing! You're already out there, might as well drop a line in or at least put out a few tip-ups. If they're biting you could be frying up some perch or pike fillets while your waiting for the mash to finish.

:idiot:

---Todd

PS: I gave up ice fishing years ago because I couldn't figure out how to keep my beer from freezing before I could drink it.
WWBBD?

Post #22 made 12 years ago
Well done Bob, I don't suppose it gets anymore extreme than that.. :clap: :clap: :clap:

PP is going to show the other side of the coin and go brewing in the deserts of Western Australia wearing only a pair of "Budgie Smugglers" and a pair of "thongs". (google for translation). :lol:

Post #23 made 12 years ago
Good Day, I know about the "thongs" but I really don't think I want to see "Budgie Smugglers".
Honest Officer, I swear to Drunk, I am Not God.

Post #24 made 12 years ago
Don't be silly guys. It is way too hot in the desert to just wear thongs and budgie smugglers. Here's some pics of me and my lovely wife on our last desert brew day (Nullabor Desert) showing appropriate desert attire...
MrPP-Scaled.jpg
MrsPP.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by PistolPatch on 14 Feb 2012, 16:37, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “U.S.A.”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 6 guests