London here i come

Post #1 made 9 years ago
Hey guys,
Sorry to have been outta touch for so long. been busy.
So anyway, i recently won the local "Carlsberg Challenge" . not a brewing contest but more a beer knowledge contest (paring food with beer, blind tasting to identify style and that sort of thing).
800 people went online and took the quiz, 40 advanced to the second round, 10 to the finals and I won!
so, they're sending me to London for 4 days to attend a course at the London Beer Academy

here's a write up on the competition, use Google translate to figure it out.
http://timeout.co.il/%D7%90%D7%95%D7%9B" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 7%9C%D7%95

anyone here from London and wanna get a pint while i'm in?
Last edited by shibolet on 30 Jun 2014, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
Cube:
fermenter: Sourdough Spelt Ale, Classic Lambic, Oud Brune, Barrel Aged Belgian Dubbel
Kegs: Bob's Black IPA, Blanc Blond, Soda...
to be brewed:

Post #3 made 9 years ago
Page is not translating in Firefox or Chrome Shibolet. Please do your best to post an English link as we would all love to read it. Congratulations to you :clap:.

Post #4 made 9 years ago
https://translate.google.co.il/translat ... t=&act=url

London is waiting for him

Wednesday, 06/18/2014
After months of suspense Carlsberg Competition Challenge came to an end this week: Noam its winner, on the way to London

Solomon Tito (left) receives Lifetime Achievement Award. Photo: PR
To subscribe: sheet printed / digital edition
Add a comment
If I had my beer competitions have been allocated as a few beers can be drunk at, who the challenger who manages to resist the longest without urinating while hard drinking, and to have a culinary added value, you can also ask, for example, a chaser goes best Well next to a beer. But it's not up to me, at least with regard to the challenge of Carlsberg beer. Final of the Carlsberg Challenge was held this year at the Dan Panorama framework Culinary Exhibition. Ten contestants finalists have demonstrated impressive, not to mention stressful. More specifically it was the vast knowledge that makes you wonder - how the hell they remember all that? Do not they drink beer all day? So Apparently not. Then I realized that there is a big difference between "beer lovers" like me, just busy drinking beer all day, and the "beer geeks" real, to be reading and learning about beer, and maximum rioters on what one bottle in the evening on Thursday.

Final of the Carlsberg edited form reminiscent of the Bible Quiz: Four judges threaten (Isaac Shasho - wrote alcohol blazer, Nir Kipnis - Snadrink, Dawn Run - beer & beyond and Mark Strovand - Sommelier beer world renowned Belgium), seated around a table and challenger pressed sitting at the next table. everything is filmed in front of an audience, and the questions do not give rest. 15th minutes per contestant. were there questions about the brewery, questions about the types of different beer, adaptation of beer per serving specific and blind tasting of beers. were there questions related to the personal experience of Drinking beer, or in short: everything except drinking pints of beer. least guests were thin you could pour them free beer. meaning, I hope this was their purpose, otherwise I probably would be rude.

During the Carlsberg Challenge was awarded for the first time, a lifetime achievement award in the capital. The prize was awarded to personalities who helped promote beer culture in the country, and who received the Life Achievement Award Name That may not mean a lot to those who did not live in the depths of the industry, but it is there that says a lot for those beer in his veins. Tito Solomon, Solomon called beer, is the recipient of a Lifetime Achievement Award for being one of the first Bartenders beer (some say the first) and a pioneer technician capital in the country.

Tito is a quiet man who seems to be all he cares about is playing a bit with the valve here, drop shorten the tube here, maybe change something in the corner of the tap - as long the beer will perfect. Not too cold, certainly not hot, gasification is accurate, then he could pour quietly. And, more importantly - a quiet pint. In 1975 it began to pour beer pub Amiram North Dizengoff, which means four decades man has dedicated his life to the capital. He built the first mobile beer tap in the country, was walking around with the Subaru from north to south and has become sought after trained technicians generation of technicians and cemented his status as the capital of Israel Dr..

Left to right: Elad grove, Dana Baran - Director of Carlsberg Israel, trail Levy - Third place, its pleasant - First place, Michael Willenberg - Second place, Izhar Efrati - VP Marketing IBBL Carlsberg. Photograph: PR
Left to right: Elad grove, Dana Baran - Director of Carlsberg Israel, trail Levy - Third place, its pleasant - First place, Michael Willenberg - Second place, Izhar Efrati - VP Marketing IBBL Carlsberg. Photograph: PR

At the end of an exhausting day was declared the big winner, win a flight and a luxurious holiday accommodation in London including the London Academy of capital: its Noam, 38, of Modi'in, was the man who did it this year. His looks like a good bourgeois who came from traditional light American accent. Is the CEO of a financial company began as a home brewer exposing deep and wonderful world of beer. Theoretical side, yes? Because the person says about himself that his first beer he drank at the age of 18! Side might think that this competition is sponsored by the Israel Police and Brewery Carlsberg., but seriously - the guy discovered knowledge, passion for beer and occupying its own - it has all the accolades coming. his fun capital of London Academy, man, and I will continue with my PhD at the University of Life beer.
Cube:
fermenter: Sourdough Spelt Ale, Classic Lambic, Oud Brune, Barrel Aged Belgian Dubbel
to be brewed:

Post #5 made 9 years ago
If I didn't know better, I would delete that translation as Spam - lol. I read it all and am only a little wiser. Any links to the initial competition and where Carlsberg Brewery awarded you?

Post #6 made 9 years ago
Nuff wrote:If I didn't know better, I would delete that translation as Spam - lol. I read it all and am only a little wiser. Any links to the initial competition and where Carlsberg Brewery awarded you?
unfortunately it's all in Hebrew.
Last edited by shibolet on 01 Jul 2014, 01:36, edited 1 time in total.
Cube:
to be brewed:

Post #7 made 9 years ago
None of the English in post 4 makes sense :lol:.

But, that is awesome Noam.

When you are in London, make sure go an at least one of Londons Pub Walks. They are excellent!

And next time, tell us about the contest so we can try and beat you. Mwwaaaahhhhh!

Look forward to hearing how this goes and hopefully you'll meet some other brewrs there :party:.
Last edited by PistolPatch on 01 Jul 2014, 17:08, edited 1 time in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #8 made 9 years ago
PistolPatch wrote:When you are in London, make sure go an at least one of Londons Pub Walks. They are excellent!
Thanks mate!
Last edited by shibolet on 01 Jul 2014, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.
Cube:
to be brewed:

Post #9 made 9 years ago
Noam you used all the knowledge that I taught you well! Even though it took most of my patience and strength to teach you everything you now know. I am not asking for a share of your glory or fame! :whistle: (even though I deserve it! :lol: ) You are a great brewer and now paring food with beer to identify style! What is next :?:
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 2 Bourbon Barrel Porter
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Pipeline: Mulled Cider 10% ABV

http://cheesestradamus.com/ Brewers challenge!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Return to “Europe”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 19 guests