Shiny Fever BIAB v Braumeister questions for the Masters of

Post #1 made 11 years ago
I read a post about the Braumeister and of course ambled over to their site which was a mistake cause I got a bad case of the Oh It's so shiny it's automated and so on.......

It's also vastly expensive, ignoring the automation for a moment what real advantages does it offer?

Ease of use?
Better Beer?
Obviously better bragging rights.
Indoor use?

My current Biab set up is a small one, but capable of easy and accurate temp control although the temps have to be set manually at each step so it's not automated yet (soon). The latest addition but not yet fitted is a stainless mesh liner for the bag, this will allow me to use a continuous stirrer to limit temp gradients and use a temp probe/pid controller.

So other than a bill for bits and the satisfaction of building something would I gain anything from a Braumeister?

ATB. Aamcle

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    • Over 20 Brews From Great Britain

Post #2 made 11 years ago
aamcle - have you seen this thread here?

Lylo is your man for any questions Braumeister(ish).
Last edited by mally on 22 May 2013, 15:14, edited 2 times in total.
G B
I spent lots of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered
I've stopped drinking, but only when I'm asleep
I ONCE gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Great Britain

Post #3 made 11 years ago
aamcle wrote: Ease of use?
Better Beer?
Obviously better bragging rights.
Indoor use?

My current Biab set up is a small one, but capable of easy and accurate temp control although the temps have to be set manually at each step so it's not automated yet (soon). The latest addition but not yet fitted is a stainless mesh liner for the bag, this will allow me to use a continuous stirrer to limit temp gradients and use a temp probe/pid controller.

So other than a bill for bits and the satisfaction of building something would I gain anything from a Braumeister?
aamcle,somepeople enjoy building stuff,in fact I build cabinets for a living, however I really suck at building most anything else.
My enjoyment of brewing comes from the product, not the process. With my BM I find that I have easy complete control of the process and it fits into a space in my brew area of about 18" x 18" x 28". I wont argue with anyone about the merits of any particular system. :headhit: BIAB got me into this hobby and is the reason I went the BM route. Simple!!
And besides my SWMBO gave me the go ahead after a buddy spent many times the purchase price of a BM on a machine to ride over snowy cliffs on!! :lol:
Last edited by Lylo on 22 May 2013, 21:16, edited 2 times in total.
AWOL

Re: Shiny Fever BIAB v Braumeister questions for the Masters

Post #4 made 11 years ago
I do like to build stuff, before the worst of the fever had passed I'd worked out how to do the build and found a way to automate the system at a low cost with out having to get into hard core coding.

Still for now its Biab for me :-) but I'm going to be using pid for mash temp control and maybe a pwm device to tone down the boil.

Aamcle

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    • Over 20 Brews From Great Britain

Return to “BIAB Automation”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 7 guests