Post #27 made 12 years ago
Well done Arzaman thats one cool set up.

I really like your cooler, I've been looking into stainless steel tubing as its now cheaper than copper, how did you bend it ? it looks perfect :clap:

One thing I noticed tho is that your water connections are right above your pot. I would like them over the side so if I got any leaks they wouldn't contaminate the wort, its still cool tho ( "cool" get it :lol:)

:champ:

Yeasty
Why is everyone talking about "Cheese"
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From Great Britain

Post #28 made 12 years ago
Thank you for your approval...as an Italian homebrewer I'm very proud and excited by the gratitude of your overseas forum :peace: !
Yeasty wrote:Well done Arzaman thats one cool set up.

I really like your cooler, I've been looking into stainless steel tubing as its now cheaper than copper, how did you bend it ? it looks perfect :clap:

Yeasty
I have bought the cooler ready made...from a german provider that sells over ebay..budget price comparable with copper tubing
Verry efficent ...15 minutes with tap water to cool to 20 celsius

here the reference
http://zapfanlagendoktor.de/index.php?c ... 1a74f6ffe7

aboout the connection you are absolutely right...I'm looking for a couple of elbow press fititngs to add an extra tubing and quick connect/disconnect rubber tube outside from the vessel.

enjoy
Davide
Last edited by arzaman on 18 Mar 2012, 20:05, edited 5 times in total.
    • BME Brewer With Over 50 Brews From Italy

Post #31 made 10 years ago
I've read this thread a couple of times now, I've a spare S/S pot that I'm very interested in having a go at this. There's been no more to this thread tho since 2010, does any one know what has happened to this guy??

Post #32 made 10 years ago
Hi
I’m actively working to my second generation of Braumesiter clone (single vessel brewing system) and compared to the first release I have

· Increased the volume usinga 50L thermo pot and a 35L malt pipe
· Moved definitely to camlock sealing (is main weakness in current set up)
· And off course introducing full process automation (currently I have just a PID Sestos thermo regulator) through the super Open ArdBir control system derived from Matho’s controller with lot of fix and new features

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Open-Ard ... 9852720387

In order to have both a central threaded rod in order to fix easily the pipe and central camlock I have adopted this strategy: the rod pass through the camlock and is fixed to the bottom of Y (or tee) fitting. The 3/4 ‘’ bore and 8mm rod diameter ensure enough space for worth flow . In this way when you fix the pipe on the top you also tight the camlock. Removing the bottom fitting plug you can also remove the threaded rod

Following picture are self-explaining…what do you think about?

I would like also to introduce a different solution for the bottom filter: since I have just the camlook in the middle of the malt pipe as output channel and not the full surface I would like to use a sort of compact filter avoiding empty space between the false bottom and the pipe.

I have tried to build this filter starting from a strainer (other shape can be sued) that in some way I can fix at the bottom of the pipe with a central hole for the threaded rod

Here some picture, do you see any drawbacks both during the worth recirculation and worth filtering at the end? Is there any risk to create preferred path and non-uniform recirculation or to have trouble during filtration?

Thank you for support
Ciao
Davide
Last edited by arzaman on 23 Mar 2014, 20:26, edited 5 times in total.

Post #34 made 10 years ago
The construction of the clone 2.0 is proceeding very well

I’m now working on the electric part and I have already performed some “wet run” in order to test all the components
In parallel the Opne ArdBir team has released a new firmware version with some nice new feature and now everything is well documented with an English user manual
Give it a look and discover how powerful is this controller !
http://goo.gl/W3ZKKb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

last firmware version can be downloaded here
http://goo.gl/nAz2om" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the FB page for news and announcements
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Open-Ard" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 9852720387

enjoy
Davide
Last edited by arzaman on 27 Apr 2014, 18:43, edited 5 times in total.

Post #35 made 10 years ago
I've just edited your original post Davide so it now appears wiht an ! bedide it which means it is an information post. I have also stickied it so please do your best to edit your first post so as it gives the readers the most important links to the most up-to-date information.

Great work,
Nuff

Post #37 made 9 years ago
Hi guys
A couple of update related to my all in one clone solution that has reached the third generation and Ardbir team development

1) Silicone Heater

It’s an idea that I have since long time ago: use external silicon flexible heater band in order to mange the mashing and boiling process
The advantages are more than one, have uniform heating without scorching the worth with immersion heater, have an internal surface without any interference for whirpool, easy cleaning etc…

Now the idea is a reality and prototype, I have requested some custome silicone heater to a specialized company and I have mounted on my BIAB pot
The bottom pud is around 800W @ 220V while the lateral band is 1700W
They are self-adhesive with special 3M glue and easy to install
First test are promising , I would like to run a full test from cold water to boiling logging time/power/temperature and share the result

2) ArdBir automation

The ArdBir project is proceeding on many threads ..from SW features…to new HW set up
We decide to engineer an all in one compact board with atmel micro on board, USB interface, all ordinary interface (heater, pump, keyboard..) with component on the bottom and display on top.
The design is completed and here you can view the 3D rendering

PCB for few prototype have benne produced and we have sourced component
In a short time we are ready to test and share the info
follow the progress of ardbir team on FB page

stay tuned
Davide
Last edited by arzaman on 16 Feb 2015, 04:36, edited 5 times in total.

Post #39 made 9 years ago
[center]1st ArdBir Contest !![/center]
Post on our Facebook page your BIAB system ArdBir powered and WIN a assembled all in one board

Basic rules
• write on the post “ArdBir contest”
• describe briefly your set up (SW and HW version, litre, recirculation, heating, pump..)
• insert one ore more picture showing ArdBir integration and any relevant technical details

The winner will be selected based on “like” on the post and ArdBir Team evaluation (criteria: most professional, innovative, original, well designed..)

Contest duration 2 weeks
people who has already posted their rig should resubmit !

Enjoy
Davide - ArdBir Team
Last edited by arzaman on 13 Mar 2015, 17:11, edited 5 times in total.

Post #40 made 9 years ago
Ready to go! Open ArdBir all-in-one KIT presale NOW

After long wait we are happy to announce that we are ready for professional manufacturing a small batch of all in one ardbir boards.
Read carefully term an conditions, reserve your kit NOW, share with all your homberewing friends and help us to reach MoQ and remember that though the HW purchase you support the project

For all details click below link

http://goo.gl/forms/AU9a2Qdkag

Enjoy
Last edited by arzaman on 17 May 2015, 22:39, edited 5 times in total.

Post #41 made 8 years ago
Good News Open ArdBir supporter

The first batch delivery is almost on track. The board assembled will be ready Wednesday , we try to accelerate test phase, FW upload and packaging in order to provide the complete kit to the shipping agent on Sunday. So one week more of patience and your parcel will be on the way !

There are still few KIT available so if you are interested just complete the order form and we send you paypal money request

http://goo.gl/forms/AU9a2Qdkag
Last edited by arzaman on 29 Jun 2015, 16:44, edited 5 times in total.

Post #42 made 8 years ago
Even during summer holiday ArdBir team has not stopped design and engineering

we are very proud to announce the reals of a new version of the control board..after the all-in-one the ArdBir NANO a new PCB with “piggy” Arduino NANO MCU

the final result is a ultra compact board, more powerful (more I/O), easy to build and low cost (single side PCB and all trough hole component)
what do you think about?

In a few days we are going to deliver CAD file an BoM

enjoy
Davide
Last edited by arzaman on 28 Aug 2015, 04:55, edited 5 times in total.

Post #43 made 8 years ago
Looks, great, I have been following this thread since the beginning, very impressive, truly is.

Once my Casa (house) is complete, it is definitely something I will be interested in learning more about.

As I am now living in Sicily, with very high summer temperatures, I have also had to build a Catina (underground cold cella) to store my beer and malts in).

Again, very nice.

Post #45 made 8 years ago
Hi there ! I have some qusetions regarding the silicone heater ...
How much does it cost ?
During boiling the outer surface is safe to touch ?
Compared to classic heater elements how efficient are they ,regarding power consumption and time realated (let's say compared to a 3kw element which have an average 1 degree C per minute) ?
Can a single mat of 1700 watt perform boil ?
That's all I can think so far .
Nice work also with the Ardbir
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Greece

Post #46 made 7 years ago
It’s a few months that I was no more active on this thread..but this not mean I have stopped my interest in home brewing and automation

In the last year I have invested lot of time,effort and money in a new brewing automation project and I have design and engineered a new smart and advanced product called SmartPID that I'm very happy to introduce to you.

The product is so advanced and feature rich there is nothing comparable on the market..in the same size of basic STC1000 thermostat I have inserted all you need for your brewing process, fermentation control or any other custom application !

But the great step head is that SmartPID is a real product engineering tested, certified with all characteristic for mass production. No more DIY unsupported kit but a long life-cycle platform powerful, flexible, programmable and SMART. Are you ready to do the upgrade? Just remove your simple thermostat or DIY solution and plug a smart process controller.
I leave you to discover all the features and functions and technical characteristic on the official website http://smartpid.com and FB page https://www.facebook.com/smartPID and I will open as well an official SmartPID thread

I hope you appreciate the big effort put in the design by an homebrewer for the homebrewing community and you support the project as you did for ardbir

Stay tuned
Davide
Last edited by arzaman on 24 Sep 2016, 08:08, edited 5 times in total.

Post #47 made 7 years ago
I for one, REALLY appreciate your effort. I followed with great interest your original thread, and am looking to find away of incorporating the SmartPID into my own home brewery.

A simple question, if I may, is there way, other that to reprogram it for each brew to set up multiple 'recipes' that can be access via the front panel.

I am interested. In storing say, 8-10'of my favourite recipes (by recipes, I mean times and temperatures settings, and alarm notifications). This way I will not have to reprogram it each time I brew a new beer.

A great device, very excited by it, I hope I does well

Post #48 made 7 years ago
Yettiman wrote:I for one, REALLY appreciate your effort. I followed with great interest your original thread, and am looking to find away of incorporating the SmartPID into my own home brewery.

A simple question, if I may, is there way, other that to reprogram it for each brew to set up multiple 'recipes' that can be access via the front panel.

I am interested. In storing say, 8-10'of my favourite recipes (by recipes, I mean times and temperatures settings, and alarm notifications). This way I will not have to reprogram it each time I brew a new beer.

A great device, very excited by it, I hope I does well

Thank you for your kind words

regarding your question, absolutely yes!
There is on board a dedicate menu “recipe management” and you can add/store up to 10 recipes completed with mash profile and boil/hop addition profile
You can edit,view, delte clone etc..
Next step is to input recipe by web or smartphone interface and import profiles from main SW like beersmith

Have a look to new dedicated thread post and remember to register website newsletter and FB page for last news on the project and early bird offer

http://www.biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php ... 137#p56137

br
araman
Last edited by arzaman on 10 Oct 2016, 17:48, edited 5 times in total.

Return to “BIAB Automation”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 1 guest