Bloody Bottling Day

Post #1 made 7 years ago
Well this brew isn't going to be as I desired, but it will be what it will be and I can accept that. I was trying for a Kolsch but my mash temps got out of control while I was out refilling the propane tank. I ended up at a FG of 1.022 as opposed to 1.011. Ouch. But that's not the end of it. While bottling my 47 46 bottles of beer (I still haven't started kegging yet... though I might start soon) one bottle shattered as I was capping it with my bench capper. I now have two bandaids on my right hand, and a third on my left as I type this.

I'm working on beer names as I make labels for my beers. Suggested names include:

Hot Mash Kolsch
Broken Bottle
Bloody Bandaid

Suggestions welcome.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From United States of America

Re: Bloody Bottling Day

Post #2 made 7 years ago
Well sorry to hear you had some problems...

Avoid calling it anything with the word "blood" in it or your buddies may not want to try it. :argh:

Wonder if you could do a secondary ferment with a different Yeast to eat up some more sugar before you bottle...? Have never done this before, but believe I've heard of others doing such things. Do a search here and see if it was tried, success or not, etc. And please let us know how it ended up working out.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Re: Bloody Bottling Day

Post #4 made 7 years ago
Embrace the bottling, caress and love your bottles and they shall love you back.
Slow down and enjoy.

Some more name suggestions;
- Bottle Shank Kolsch,
- Shatter Mash,
- Prosthetic Kolsch.
Stout, Stout, Stout, and some other stuff...
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Australia

Return to “Brew Day Stories and/or Pics”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 19 guests