1st Brew result

Post #1 made 7 years ago
Brewed NRB's All Amarillo on 1/3, kegged on 1/16 and pulled the first pint today. As noted in an earlier post, I'm not confident on my pre-boil and post boil gravity measurements, but it's drinkable with good aroma. It's still settling out after adding gelatin yesterday & not fully carb'd.

Planning on brew #2 next wk, weather permitting. Irish Red.

Cheers.
    • Over 5 Brews From United States of America

Re: 1st Brew result

Post #2 made 7 years ago
Hey it's drinkable and smells good - I'd call that a successful first brew. Congratulations! :thumbs:
Getting measurements when you start out is important to help you tweak your process and recipes. For example, make sure you capture you volumes, pre and post boil, so that you can get an understanding of you evaporation rate. It's different based on your set up. After say 4 or 5 brews you will know your evaporation rate and can update BIABacus.

Pete
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From United States of America

Post #3 made 7 years ago
Thanks Pete. I got the measurement down, just screwed up on the gravity measurements because of not cooling adequately before measuring. Got in a hurry as I was doing a lot more measuring and recording then in prior extract/kit brews. Will do it right next time. Had a picture of the first pint that I thought I'd attached but it appears it didn't make it.

Post #5 made 7 years ago
Here it is.  As noted before I'm not confident the gravity measurements are good.
BIABacus All Amarillo APA scaled to zman kettle.xls
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Brew Day Stories and/or Pics”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 13 guests