Post #27 made 9 years ago
PistolPatch wrote::party: :drink: :party: :drink:

Good on ya Nick :thumbs:.

You do realise there'll be none left at the end of the week? :lol:
I'm worried that when my mates taste it that might be very true!
Last edited by nicko on 24 Aug 2014, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.
For the price of a coffee you can support this site and the wealth of info shared on this site.

Post #28 made 9 years ago
Well the original (Galaxy) version is fantastic. My Mum hasn't had a beer in years (excluding shandys), she dropped in tonight and is on her third (very small) glass of beer. She described it as fruity and very tasty and although I'm happy, I'm sure she will now tax beers off me LOL.

I was going to do a Zombie Dust clone over the weekend, but completely forgot to check the post office (shiiiit), so it might have to be a Monday arvo/evening brew...
For the price of a coffee you can support this site and the wealth of info shared on this site.

Post #29 made 9 years ago
A quick update, everyone that has tried this beer has enjoyed it. Today after work we had an IPA tasting (commercial beers). I included this beer as a palate cleanser before the IPA tasting started, I'll see how it rated (blind tasting) tomorrow, but it got some very good feedback from a couple of folks. It had the best aroma in my opinion, but I don't know how long the IPAs were sitting on shelves etc and not comparing it to IPAs, as it is an APA.

Note to self: a double batch is a lot of beer, but the bottles seem to evaporate so quickly! :think:

Post #30 made 9 years ago
Just in case anyone was wondering, and to prove that BIABacus works very well when converting an existing AG recipe, here's the results from the beer tasting. Note that the tasting was supposed to be IPAs, but a couple other beers got included, my APA was first cab off the rank as a palate cleanser and the nice folks at work were kind enough to rate it (blind tasting). it was a bit of a giveaway that my bottle (in a brown paper bag) was a tally bottle (king brown, whatever), where the rest were stubbies...so... Next work tasting I'll hide my beer in a couple small stubby bottles instead :thumbs:

I'm very happy that the beer rated up there amongst some good company, my beer was cloudy which I'll need to fix (forgot the whirlfloc!).

How the beers faired:
1. FERAL BREWING HOP HOG
2. LITTLE CREATURES
3. VALE
4. BURLEIGH BREWING
4. My APA (equal 4th)
6. GAGE ROADS
7. CRICKETERS ARMS
8. TUI

Thanks guys for your help so far. Zombie Dust clone and DSGA are next in late Oct/early November as I'm away for a while shortly.

Post #31 made 9 years ago
Oh I forgot, about ten tasters from memory, one person rated it as their favourite beer and another rated it as their equal favourite.

Post #33 made 9 years ago
Yep, congratulations
Mixing it with the "Big boys" now I see Nicko! :thumbs:
G B
I spent lots of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered
I've stopped drinking, but only when I'm asleep
I ONCE gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Great Britain

Post #34 made 9 years ago
Haha thanks gents. In fairness it's a great recipe from AHB that probably took along time for Daemon to get right, but it's nice making tasty beer!

Return to “Brew Day Stories and/or Pics”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 14 guests