Post #2 made 14 years ago
Just thought I'd bump your thread CanBrew. It's hard on a new forum getting things started. One of the mods is dropping in here tomorrow so I will ask them to look at this thread and see if they have some crafty way of helping it along. I started one for a state in Australia and even that is slow-starting even though I know a lot of the members. I think everyone is mainly having a read for now and not posting much until they get a feel for the forum which is fine.

One good thing though is the My First Post thread in which you can keep an eye out for those who fully register. If they do a good first post, they will usually say where they are from.

Cheers to you,
PP
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #3 made 13 years ago
Thanks PistolPatch.

I know there are a few guys around who just did batches recently. One guy in the club mentioned the site. Maybe I'll have to prod them a little bit to get on the forums.

Post #8 made 12 years ago
There are a handful of us.. the majority are 3V brewers. A few people have begun experimenting with using an electric turkey fryer for indoor winter brewing with some success.

Post #9 made 12 years ago
Lylo wrote:Are many of your Barleyment members BIABers?
There seems to be a growing number of BIAB Brewers. Like themiller said, a bunch of people got good deals on electric turkey fryer pots and have been playing around with them and few guys have given BIAB a go with them. Certainly an easy way to move the brewing indoors in the winter.
Last edited by CanBrew on 02 Feb 2012, 12:39, edited 10 times in total.

Post #10 made 12 years ago
Out here we seem to still be a rare but slowly growng breed.As far as I know(and I know alot HaHa)I am the only AG brewer in my town of 10,000.But I'm trying to change that!
AWOL

Post #11 made 10 years ago
Been Biab'ing for over two years and now rethinking my setup. I can't drink anymore so I share the beer with three friend who give me a hand while I brew.

I'm thinking about going with 10 gal batches. If I go with Bayou Classic pots, I should be able to do it for under $400...

will keep you posted.

P

Post #12 made 10 years ago
dexclamation wrote:Been Biab'ing for over two years and now rethinking my setup. I can't drink anymore so I share the beer with three friend who give me a hand while I brew.

I'm thinking about going with 10 gal batches. If I go with Bayou Classic pots, I should be able to do it for under $400...

will keep you posted.

P
It is good to have help. Sounds like your friends should buy you a Bayou Classic pot. :interesting:
Last edited by CanBrew on 17 Mar 2014, 00:12, edited 10 times in total.

Post #13 made 10 years ago
CanBrew wrote:
dexclamation wrote:Been Biab'ing for over two years and now rethinking my setup. I can't drink anymore so I share the beer with three friend who give me a hand while I brew.

will keep you posted.

P
It is good to have help. Sounds like your friends should buy you a Bayou Classic pot. :interesting:
We're sharing cost of ingredients and equipments and I make them do the heavy lifting... So I call it even ;)
Last edited by dexclamation on 25 Mar 2014, 01:16, edited 10 times in total.

Post #14 made 9 years ago
Hi All,
I am in Ottawa and using the BIAB method of all grain. I have done two batches so far. I Tank House clone and another IPA that is being dry-hopped now. Should be ready for the bottles this weekend.
I have no association with these folks but I thought I should mention that Beergrains now offers a free pickup service in Ottawa at the Clocktower.

Post #15 made 9 years ago
Nice, Ottawa seems to be a good place to be if you homebrew. I am about 800km west and a bit north, so pickup not an option for me unfortunately. Usually get everything from OBK since I don't have a true LHBS...

Have you heard of the Beau's Oktoberfest thing comin up?
There is a homebrew comp along with the event, I sent a few beers in for it, it is a bjcp comp as well as a peoples choice comp. Would be nice to get in on the peoples choice thing and taste some beers, but that whole 800km thing kinda sucks...
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Canada

Post #16 made 9 years ago
I have heard of the Beau's thing in the past years. They offer a round trip bus service from Ottawa which is very convenient it just getting the clearance from the wife :)
I wasn't aware there was a comp. That would be cool

Return to “Canada”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 14 guests