Adjusting Water Profile

Post #1 made 7 years ago
 Planning to use Bru'n Water to calculate my water profiles instead of  5.2 pH stabilizer. I will be using a carbon filter and will have Ward Labs analyze a filtered sample to input on Bru'n Water. 
Is this a reasonable method to treat my water?  
Which pH meters are popular?
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Re: Adjusting Water Profile

Post #4 made 7 years ago
MS do you monitor pH at all or you know that it doesn't change?
My pH has been constant since I started monitoring 5 or 6 brews ago using test strips. Maybe test strips will be all I need using Bru'n Water.

SHETC I would like your opinion of the new meter.

Thanks 
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Post #6 made 7 years ago
robertz64 wrote:MS do you monitor pH at all or you know that it doesn't change?
My pH has been constant since I started monitoring 5 or 6 brews ago using test strips. Maybe test strips will be all I need using Bru'n Water.

SHETC I would like your opinion of the new meter.

Thanks 
I, too, have been using strips, which appear to give consistent results for my water -- I was trained that consistency means test reliability. A lot of debate seems to suggest that strips are neither reliable nor accurate though I think the 2 terms are sometimes being used interchangeably. Anyway, I guess this is a kind of expensive way to see if I can achieve higher accuracy using the meter. I'll let you know if that happens, and if my beer tastes any better (probably going to be some test bias there  :lol:). 
Steve
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From United States of America

Post #7 made 7 years ago
I just moved so my old water report is no longer good. I haven't had a chance to get a full report on my new water so today I used aquarium test straps to find my GH and KH. I plugged these into the brewers friend advanced water profile and was able to figure out my salt additions there. I will be brewing tomorrow and am interested in seeing how it works out. I have a thermoworks ph meter.
Some people are like slinkies. Not good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Weehoosebrewing.ga
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Canada

Return to “Brewing Water”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 26 guests