Re: Your Questions on Clear Brewing Terminology (CBT)

Post #27 made 6 years ago
Thank you very much Sir! That had crossed my mind but just needed to ask to be sure. The formula is simple enough then using about any volume calculator available for a cylinder. Guess I'll be spending a day getting the initial values for my pots figured out. It'll also give me the opportunity to guesstimate the approximate time and settings for my induction heater for getting to recommended Strike temps.

This really cleared a bunch of the fog in my head from just starting to do this. I'm new at BIAB and also trying to use a service such as this one, which I am really starting to see what I've missed researching some of my other interests.
:thumbs:
I am living proof that old dogs can be taught new tricks!

Re: Your Questions on Clear Brewing Terminology (CBT)

Post #29 made 6 years ago
Thanks, both of you for pointing me in the right direction. I just figured out that old habits die hard. I spent several years in a research facility and a career in the Army where metric abbreviations were a little different...The metric terms I have rolling around in my head didn't equate to the ones I was seeing. Metrics in my world were never pluralized...Just the value of the numbers in front indicate plurality. So I think, with your help I figured out the conventions used in "The Calculator"

For example: 1" = 25.4 mm or 25.4 cm

We "old dogs" can learn new tricks but sometimes it takes another one to show us how.
I am living proof that old dogs can be taught new tricks!

Return to “Brewing Process and Terminology (Summary)”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 3 guests