Royal Perth Beer Show 2015 - Tomoz 01/08 - Free ticks avail.

Post #1 made 9 years ago
[center]Royal Perth Beer Show - 2015[/center]
For we W.A. Amateurs, this event has become a great social event. Basically, if you enter one beer ($20) in this comp, you get two tickets to attend the tasting on Saturday 1st August (1pm to 4pm and then we kick on after). At the tasting you get to taste all the amateur and craft and commercial beers. It is great fun and no other beer comp does that!!!

As for judging of amateur beers, the committee has apparently listened to feedback and so we can expect more detailed evaluation of beers entered this year which will be very much appreciated. I've also just noticed that the top amateur beer will get the chance to brew their beer at Feral - my favourite brewery :thumbs:.

Anyway, just make sure you pay for one beer entry by 5th June (see below), even if you don't enter a beer, so as you can join in the tasting at least :).

Looking forward to seeing some new faces as well as the regulars ;),
Pat

[center]Key Dates and Times[/center]
Friday 5th June (5pm) - Paperwork Due. Can be done online here.

Tue 21st or Wed 22nd July (10am - 4pm) - Bottles Due Deliver to Showgrounds.

Saturday 1st August (1pm to 4pm) - Exhibitor's Tasting at Showgrounds :party: :drink: :party:
Last edited by PistolPatch on 01 Jun 2015, 22:46, edited 3 times in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #2 made 9 years ago
Top amateur brewer needs to enter at least 4 beers though right?

I'm definitely going for the one trick pony this year. Just not sure what to make. I guess I have about 48 hours to make my mind up....

Post #3 made 8 years ago
Lol on the 48 hours :).

I don't know the exact rules but you would never win it on just four entries unless they were all gold or close to it I reckon.

The only time I have ever put in more than two or three beers was that one last year or the year before where I put in 8!!! All prior years I scored a few bronzes or silvers for most of the beers I entered so why not put in 8? (I knew two were crap but 6 were good...) Remember several of us had that tasting here and we all tasted each other's beers and scored them? Mine came out quite nicely but in the comp I think I got one bronze or something for those 8. It was the worst result I have ever had. Many of the beers we tasted and evaluated here as lower scored higher than my beer!

I wouldn't spend all that money this year Simo ($20 per entry). They say they will lift their game judging wise this year but I would wait and see how this year goes first. Last year's results (or/and the year before) were a little bewildering to many very experienced brewers.

Not much response to this thread. Maybe we'll be the only entrants?

I'm putting in one. I've tasted it and my prediction is that it will get a bronze. It's hazy, should be clear but if you slow down and taste this beer, it is full on interesting (to me at least).

The main fun though is in the tasting - the beer tasting at the showgrounds!!!!

:party: :drink: :peace:
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!

Post #4 made 8 years ago
hey boys how you doing?

Ive been out of action for some time (no brewing) and missed the cutoff to enter.
hopefully someone can pass a ticket on to me this year? :)
what goes around comes around? haha hopefully anyways

been to long between drinks and time just fly's doesn't it

cheers
Lukas

Post #5 made 8 years ago
I entered my 5 or so year old "old Ale" which I think was originally a DIPA or a Barleywine"

Also remember Tues 7th July,
its the "launch party" at the Queens,
$5 Pints and Cheap paired Tapas,
    • MVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Estonia

Post #6 made 8 years ago
Yes 2 posts in 1 day,

just checked with the dude running the show,
and the opening party is free to all. no ticket required

Post #7 made 8 years ago
Pity it's in Mt Lawley :P

I opted for an American Pale Ale. I brewed something like it on the weekend but with NZ hops. Definitely won't be doing the multi entries any time soon PP!

Post #8 made 8 years ago
Shame you can't get there NME :( but looking forward to a beer with you at my place on Saturday :drink:.

As for your question in the Birthday Cheers thread, I don't want to steal any thunder from Mad-Scientist's 60th so in that thread, you wrote... "I spent my birthday talking in front of a crowd of almost 200, but followed it up by 10 days of enjoying NZ craft beer ;)" I asked for more info. You replied, "On which bit?" My reply would be, "Everything!" Reply here though I reckon so as Richard can have his 60th to himself :champ:.

200 people???

Post #9 made 8 years ago
Great beers and yarn with NME last weekend :salute:.

sinkas and I are going for Opening party thing on Tuesday. Are you or is anyone else in? (We'll be Ubering - as a small protest to Swan taxis - in from East Freo if that helps anyone.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post #10 made 8 years ago
So the opening party was ok,
essentially 3 beers matched with tapas'y stuff
Brain Fitzgeralds Artisan Brewing Blonde, ,
Old Brewery Vienna Lager and OCR Strong Poorter,

all really nice,
look forward to trying more Artisan Brewing beers
Pat really liked the Maryland chicken sliders
Anyway you made a mistake if you didn't go.

Post #13 made 8 years ago
Sorry Lukas, my email notifications don't seem to have been working and NME has me studying programming atm!!!

We'll get you sorted on a ticket ;).

Simo have no idea what Cicerone is :scratch:.

Post #17 made 8 years ago
Looking forward to tasting some great beers, unfortunately my brew mates cant make it so I have a spare ticket going begging, hate to see it go to waste so if you can use it post here or give me a call 0407204161,

Post #18 made 8 years ago
Steve, you may save me having to guillotine my colour photocopies :).

If you want to share an Uber there with myself and Case, let me know. We intend to get there a tad early.

:drink:

Post #20 made 8 years ago
another good session tasting some great beers!!
great to catch up with all the boys, but I really think we should do it more than just once a year?
cheers for the ticket Pat, how did you guys go after the event?
i pulled up pretty good Sunday which supprised me hehe

Post #21 made 8 years ago
Keyboard has collapsed lukas. Will buy a new one tomoz so expect a repoy thne.

C what I mean on thekeyboard?

Post #22 made 8 years ago
What a cracker of a year of firsts :o.

Firstly, I think it is the first time that none of us scored a medal! How lazy were we this year? Some of us just entered (paid) and then never bothered putting the beer in (NME and Hippy for example) whilst others (like myself and sinkas) put old beers in that we knew would fail. Sinka's beer was actually sitting in a keg under his house in all weather extremes for five years and tasted like pure molasses. Mine, a 2.5% ABV "Hybrid" that I entered last year scored a bronze but this year tasted like something completely different; I actually prefer it now and, weirdly enough, the judge's comments seemed really positive but not as positive as their combined score :).

In other firsts...

It was the first drink that lukasfab had had in a month. Crazy!
It was the first year I haven't caught up with my favourite pro brewer Dan Turley - he never even made it!
It was our first time in that pavilion.
It was the first time that not enough of us kicked on... Steve, did you get to Freo? Did we find you?
It was the first time that my receipt from Nick's Kebab was before 9pm.
It was the first time that a travel companion fell asleep on the trip from Claremont to Freo. (Sinkas lasted one minute before falling asleep!)
It was the first time I had a full durry in a few years and it tasted interesting but not tempting. (Thanks Hippy)
It was the first time that I can't remember having a beer that really made me go, "Wow!" although I'm sure there would have been plenty there.

And finally, I think it surely was the first time that one of you in particular (I'm not naming him) can't even remember leaving the show and has a strong suspicion he had a little sleep on the street outside his house because that is where his wife found his jacket :lol:.

I think we better take things a little more seriously on our entries next year but, as always, we all had fun ;)
PP

Post #23 made 8 years ago
haha I always miss out on the after session :(

its only a 10min drive into Freo from Claremont? I could see Case was merry but not that bad lol.

many nice beers drank but thought the Brown Ale was a really nice beer, cant recall the brewer? case would remember or maybe not haha.

Case - Did you try that Alt beer by Last Drop? i went into the Last Drop for a pint, nice beer!

Return to “Australia & New Zealand”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 10 guests