Sydney - Thu 11 Dec - Xmas Drinks - Lord Nelson 6pm.

Post #1 made 9 years ago
:drink:

Who's up for a few Xmas beers this Thursday at Hart's Pub at the Rocks in Sydney at 6pm? EDIT: We are currently thinking of a different venue so please check Post #4.

I love meeting up with Sydney brewers. All of them are great fun. I have computers blowing up (and my brain) so can't wait to fly in on Thursday and meet some new brewers plus my favourite 'old' ones whom I better ring tomorrow :think:.

stoutgirl5 started this tradition at Harts so I'll see if she can organise a table and get us organised.

Who's in?

:party:
Last edited by PistolPatch on 06 Dec 2014, 21:11, edited 3 times in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #4 made 9 years ago
Nice :party:,

I just changed the topic title temporarily as Bek (stoutgirl5) texted me to say that Harts isn't as good as it was. She suggested a few places in Manly (but that is not central enough) or the Bitter Phew in Darlinghurst - 137 Oxford Street. Love the name :).

Would the location of the Bitter Phew be a problem for anyone?
Last edited by PistolPatch on 08 Dec 2014, 19:45, edited 1 time in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!

Post #6 made 9 years ago
The bitter phew is out of my way, though don't let me hold you all up as I could only call in for an hour or two if near Harts, which is close to my limited transport home to the hills.

If there are others in the same position, other centralised venue(close to CBD and public transport) options are:
The SG https://www.facebook.com/SpooningGoats (formally The Spooning Goats) At 32 York St, Sydney in between Wynyard and Town Hall stations. Near Red Oak. It is kinda intimate but if you like a retro 80s feel and star-wars memorabilia it is somewhere to visit. Only craft beer.

The Royal Albert http://www.royalalberthotel.com.au/ Closer to Central Station. More of a traditional pub with a wide variety of craft beer and burgers. I may be biased as they launched a collaboration I did with Riverside Brewery there...

Frankies https://www.facebook.com/pages/Frankies ... 5007287184 A dive bar with craft beer close to Wynyard. Many a brewer finishes their night

On a side note Pat, if you have the chance go visit the young henrys brewery in newtown. short walk from the station.
Last edited by Jazzafish on 09 Dec 2014, 07:48, edited 1 time in total.

Post #7 made 9 years ago
Hi all, it's been a while! What about a mini pub crawl? Start at The Lord Nelson, Harts, The SG, possibly RO - you can get some decent beers there but very hot and miss, beers are freezing too!
Frankies is not really my scene - waay to loud and too many prats

Bek

Post #8 made 9 years ago
We have to meet you jazza so let's go for Bek's plan which sounds like good fun. Say no to Frankies. They ask really hard questions at the door when you're drunk. Last time they had me stumped on, "What is your name?" or something just as hard :evil:. Bek you better set the timetable for us :salute:.

Dave, any Inner Sydney Brewer's coming? Anyone have time to do a post on AHB?

If it will make it easier to find us, I'll wear a red and boure striped shirt and post a pic of it here :). Had that shirt for year's now (before I even joined AHB years ago) and it never loses colour :). Can also PM my mobile number to anyone who replies here.

I'll chase Rob up tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Whether it be a few of us or more, it is always great.

:peace:
Pat

Post #12 made 9 years ago
So I'm guessing we are meeting at say 6pm - 7:30pm at SG at the Lord Nelson (19 Kent Street, The Rocks) before moving on?

I'm pretty much out of communication from now but will post a pic of my red/blue shirt later tonight when I'm drunk after a Xmas party and trying to pack my clothes before getting up at 3:45am. If I'm late, I've missed the plane :).

Also started a thread on AHB here.

[InterCool, sorry we'll miss you and all the best fore the coming week :peace:]
Last edited by PistolPatch on 10 Dec 2014, 16:47, edited 1 time in total.

Post #14 made 9 years ago
You're not wearing this again are you Pat?
Patrick-Hollingdale.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mally on 12 Dec 2014, 02:44, edited 1 time in total.
G B
I spent lots of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered
I've stopped drinking, but only when I'm asleep
I ONCE gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Great Britain

Post #16 made 9 years ago
Ha! Where'd you dig that up from Mally? Thanks for coming along Jazza :salute:. We didn't talk about beer much which was a first :scratch:. Phil snuck a few more pints in and Dave kicked on for a decent session. Managed to get a feed I think after midnight and Bek just got the last train home :P. Don't think we got kicked out of anywhere either but I might be wrong. Looking forward to a big sleep tonight. Yum! Next time we'll make sure we get some beer talk in ;).

Post #17 made 9 years ago
PistolPatch wrote:Ha! Where'd you dig that up from Mally?
Couldn't resist - from beersmith podcast
Last edited by mally on 12 Dec 2014, 17:06, edited 1 time in total.
G B
I spent lots of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered
I've stopped drinking, but only when I'm asleep
I ONCE gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Great Britain

Return to “Australia & New Zealand”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 12 guests