Post #51 made 10 years ago
I've got a Honey Porter to swap.

Bottled last night :/ Just give me 1 bottle of each maybe?? I'll be dropping 13 beers with you (10 for swap, 3 for show)

Is there a time that works for you tonight? Like 6?
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #52 made 10 years ago
I will probably have 5 bottles of two different beers. An Black IPA, which seems more like a mild stout and an IPA which has magically made all hops dissappear (and there was a fair few hops thrown at it).

Enjoy

Post #56 made 10 years ago
NME wrote:I've got a Honey Porter to swap.

Bottled last night :/ Just give me 1 bottle of each maybe?? I'll be dropping 13 beers with you (10 for swap, 3 for show)

Is there a time that works for you tonight? Like 6?
Good stuff! I'm home now so will see you at six.

Aces insists you give him 4 bottles so I spose you'll have to miss the show this year :sad:.

:lol:

(Thanks for letting me know your beers guys ;). I'm not too sure which beers of mine you guys want. Ones I have worth swapping would be Aussie Lager, Blonde Ale, Kolsch or a Schwartzbier. All the others are pretty boring or past it. Let me know if you have a preference.)
Last edited by PistolPatch on 18 Oct 2013, 16:23, edited 2 times in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!

Post #57 made 10 years ago
Ok, We're starting at 2pm at this Saturday PP PistolPatch Pats Place in Freo. It'll be the swap + some tasting + some general beer drinking.

If you want to drop in and you don't know the address just send me a PM. Bring a few beers of your beers for tasting or a few commercial beers

For the swap Im going to put 2 beers in. A Black IPA & an APA.

Hope to see you there.

PP, I reckon I'll take an Aussie Lager & a Schwartz

Post #58 made 10 years ago
Thanks for posting that Stu ;).

NME, Lucas, sinkas, what beers do you guys want?

Tried tuning up some of my comp beers that needed fixing. Best fix was from Lucas who dropped in last Friday for a visit and told me to dry hop two of them with Citra. Worked really well within a day! Totally destroyed my Dortmunder Export though. You guys can have that on Saturday - hahaha.

Have explained my idea on tasting to NME and Lucas and will run it by you other guys on Saturday.

;)
PP
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!

Post #61 made 10 years ago
Cool fella ;). I'll get some sausages from a good butcher so if anyone want a sausage in a roll, they'll be here.

Couldn't quite get your post on the beers. I am guessing you want Aussie Lager and Schwartz? (No one will want the English IPA - lol!)

Post #62 made 10 years ago
sinkas can't get on the net atm but said to post that he can actually swap two beers, an American Ale yeast (not sure what he means on this but will find out) and his brettaanomyces.

:drink:

Post #63 made 10 years ago
Hi All,
If you want I can offer 2 version of the same IPA,
I have 10 bottle of each
they are the same beer,
one fermented with San Diego Super yeast, adn the other With Brett C,
so might make a good coparison
The Brett beer, needs to be watched carefully, as It bottle with carbonation sugar at 1020, and could concievebale yget down to 1005 , so need to be vented weekly fro a while
sorry

Case
    • MVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Estonia

Post #64 made 10 years ago
Ah, got it now. Sounds great Case ;).

Did you work out what beers you want of mine or do you want to make your mind up tomorrow?

Post #66 made 10 years ago
Just found out from Lukas that he is swapping two beers as well. These were the IPA and the English Pale Ale he mentioned above.

I think I'l swap the Aussie Lager and a Kolsch instead of the Schwartz. You can taste the schwartz here today. I think the kolsch will be more interesting in the swap as the water has been treated.

So...

Aces high - Black IPA and IPA
lukasfab - India Pale Ale and English Pale Ale
NME - Honey Porter
PistolPatch - Aussie Lager and Kolsch
Sinkas - IPA (San Diego Super) and IPA (Brett C)

:peace:

Post #67 made 10 years ago
Aces high wrote:I'd also like to state that this is the worst organised case swap in history and for that I apologise :sneak:
And the disorganisation continues :lol:.

Next time we do this, I think we swap the beers before getting drunk :roll:. I've gone through the beers left here and we have some pretty wild discrepancies :argh:.

You should end up with 16 PETs and 4 Stubbies...

Aces high* - 2 x Black IPA (PET bottle - labelled)
Aces high* - 2 x IPA (PET bottle - labelled)
lukasfab - 2 x India Pale Ale (Pet bottle - unlabelled but light in colour)
lukasfab - 4 x English Pale Ale (Coopers stubbies)
NME - 2 x Honey Porter (Pet bottle - unlabelled but dark in colour)
PistolPatch - 2 x Aussie Lager (Pet bottle - blue cap)
PistolPatch - 2 x Kolsch (Pet bottle - yellow cap)
Sinkas - 2 x IPA (San Diego Super - labelled 'Sinkas IPA')
Sinkas - 2 x IPA (Brett C - labelled 'Sinkas Brett IPA')

* NOTE: Stu only bottled 8 beers instead of 16 so he has to bottle another 4 APS's and another four black IPA.

Let us know what you need or what extras you have.

Thanks for all the food and beer guys. Another good one for us!!!!
Last edited by PistolPatch on 27 Oct 2013, 20:31, edited 2 times in total.

Post #68 made 10 years ago
:lol: :lol:

just checked the bottles and I have this

Aces high* - 2 x Black IPA (PET bottle - labelled) = x1
Aces high* - 2 x IPA (PET bottle - labelled) = x3
lukasfab - 2 x India Pale Ale (Pet bottle - unlabelled but light in colour)
lukasfab - 4 x English Pale Ale (Coopers stubbies)
NME - 2 x Honey Porter (Pet bottle - unlabelled but dark in colour) = x2
PistolPatch - 2 x Aussie Lager (Pet bottle - blue cap) = x2
PistolPatch - 2 x Kolsch (Pet bottle - yellow cap) = x2
Sinkas - 2 x IPA (San Diego Super - labelled 'Sinkas IPA') = 0
Sinkas - 2 x IPA (Brett C - labelled 'Sinkas Brett IPA') = 0

not sure how I ended up with 3 of aces and no sinkas beers :scratch:
Last edited by lukasfab on 28 Oct 2013, 07:01, edited 2 times in total.

Post #69 made 10 years ago
I actually bought 10 bottles - 5 x BIPA & 5 x APA, so there should of been 3 of each short from my batch. I'll get them to you this week.

I also didn't take any beers on the day, so im hoping there is something left for me

Post #70 made 10 years ago
Ill check and see what i have please keep an eye on the brett ipa as it could over carb very quicly i suggest venting it weekly for 4 weeks

Post #71 made 10 years ago
I have 2x copers stubbies
4 unlabelled coopers PET
2 blue cap ans 2 yellow cap of pats
2 aces pAle
2 black ipa
So i need to return one of each of those...sorry

Post #72 made 10 years ago
Aces high wrote:I also didn't take any beers on the day, so I'm hoping there is something left for me
Nup, we drank all yours as soon as you left. Thanks for your generosity :lol:.

No, we'll get things adding up Stu but we need to get this sorted as fast as we can for us to get the most value out of it. Give me a ring asap so as I can know what areas you'll be travelling in as you are going to be the only one we need beers from now ;).

Balancing Up

Sinkas: You are "Swap Complete" except for being short on 2 Coopers stubbies. Hopefully one stubby is good enough for you to judge on otherwise I'll see if Lukas has some spare.

The Rest of You: It's too hard for me to write to each of you and I also have questions of each of you so please call me asap.

Emails Sent

I just sent you all two emails. Delete the first one as it has errors. Only read the one called, "Perth Beer Swap - Master Evaluation Form (Corrected)".

The key point is to fill out the form as you taste the beer and then email your evaluation to the brewer. It will be more interesting for them if they receive your evaluation prior to Saturday but that might be asking a lot.

Later, the brewer can forward us a compilation of our tasting notes as well as any comments from the show judges.

Pat
Last edited by PistolPatch on 28 Oct 2013, 19:16, edited 2 times in total.

Post #73 made 10 years ago
Another Correction/Improvement to the Evaluation Form...

Today is the first time I have had time to even think of how to put into plan what we talked about. But, I think the procedure in the Master Evaluation Form will work really nicely but have one last improvement...

Evaluate Your Own Beers First So That...

Please evaluate and score your own beers first.

When you receive an evaluation from another brewer, reply by forwarding them a copy of your own evaluation form of your own beer*.

Doing this will mean that you are forced to slow down and concentrate on your beer before it gets judged. Secondly, it gives at least some instant feedback to whoever has just evaluated your beer.

I reckon that is a nice extra touch.

Mind you, seeing we can't even swap the right number of bottles between us... :smoke:.

:lol:

* You can put in any relevant notes you want that others wouldn't know such as what grains or hops you used or whether you filtered etc etc.
Last edited by PistolPatch on 28 Oct 2013, 19:57, edited 2 times in total.

Post #74 made 10 years ago
BIG thanks to pistolpatch for organizing all the swap beers and getting them to us asap :clap:

as mentioned next time we will do the swap before getting drunk :lol:

also champion effort in creating the tasting note system, I think it will be of benefit.
not only are we supplying tasting notes for others beers but also sharing all notes including our own beers
with everyone to see how we all compare. this will be interesting

Post #75 made 10 years ago
Good on you Lukas. The good thing about yesterday was an hour and three-quarters of this was spent with you and Stu, at his place, drinking his beer :). Thanks Stu.

Sinkas is dropping the two missing IPA's here tonight I think and I'll double-check the procedure makes sense when he gets here as I did with you guys yesterday. Haven't heard from NME yet. Simo?????

Hints on Doing Evaluations

I know most of us are not confident at all in beer evaluation. I've done my two beers, Lukas's EPA and sinkas Super San Diego. The only way I was even able to begin evaluating them was to open up the Style Guidelines and read them first. Then as I evaluated, I read each section again. This at least gives something to look for and will trigger at least one thing to write in each section.

It does take some time though. I found it helps to have the whole bottle before finishing the evaluation as you'll find more things as the beer warms up or your taste buds do.

Guess the IBU's!

Another thing that might be interesting for all of us is to guess the IBU's of our own and other's beer and write this down under "Flavour". When we get each other's evaluations, we'll be able to see how much our IBU perceptions vary between us.

Last edited by PistolPatch on 30 Oct 2013, 19:51, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Australia & New Zealand”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 27 guests