How Would You Improve BIABrewer?

Post #1 made 14 years ago
All brewers, new and experienced, are encouraged to reply to this topic provided they have read the below.

Please use this thread to make suggestions of what you would like to see included, changed or improved on BIABrewer.info. Before you post please check, "What We Are Working On," below to make sure your suggestion is not already being addressed.

WHAT WE ARE WORKING ON as at 28th March 2010

1. A heap!!!!! :)

All brewers, new and experienced, are encouraged to reply to this topic provided they have read the above.
Last edited by BIABrewer on 14 Feb 2010, 07:10, edited 40 times in total.

Post #2 made 14 years ago
Not sure how you go about it, but would it be possible to add RSS feeds ability to the website so that new posts can be seen when I am browsing other sites such as I am able to do on Aussiehomebrewer?

cheers,

Matt

Post #4 made 14 years ago
Good people sharing a common vision for improving brewing techniques. Gee Whiz! How could it get much better?
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 2 Bourbon Barrel Porter
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Pipeline: Mulled Cider 10% ABV

http://cheesestradamus.com/ Brewers challenge!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #5 made 14 years ago
Not sure how to bump the subject up to those who can make it happen, but I would sure love to have RSS feeds from this website, it makes it easier to see new threads without having to log in constantly, and would have the benefit of bumping the google ranking of the forum also I think.

Matt

Post #6 made 14 years ago
Not sure if this helps the RSS feed issue?

Even though I did pure IT at uni, that was over a decade ago so, to be honest, its well out of my league. I'll just go back and sit in the corner... :?
Last edited by Ralph on 19 May 2010, 20:53, edited 40 times in total.
[center]Give me a beer and I will move the world. Archimedes[/center]

Post #7 made 14 years ago
It is a bit beyond me, my programming stopped with basic with the Vic 20 (ancient). My understanding though is that it is possible to do, and not to difficult to implement, be it RSS or Atom.

I have it set so that my browser keeps updating the feeds from websites I have chosen, so no matter what I am doing on the computer, I get a brief glimpse of the thread title on my toolbar, and hovering over the thread title will give me more detail of the thread. This makes life much easier to keep on top of comments being made without staying logged in constantly and checking manually for new posts.

I might PM Pat to see if he can check with the website maintainer about how hard or not it may be to implement.

Matt

Post #8 made 13 years ago
I was about to clean up this thread but before doing so, did you guys get the RSS thing sorted? (I have no idea what RSS means but from memory, NME did sort it.)

Please let me know so as I can clean the thread.

Cheers,
Pat
Are you a "Goodwill Brewer?" Pay forward and Buy Some BIPs ;)

Post #9 made 13 years ago
Seems to work OK, but feed links are to the beginning of threads (i.e the OP), not the most recent post. Not sure if that's an issue, but I know it can be tiresome?

Edit: Ahh, busted! Bullshit- they're fine. Please ignore this post...

Post #11 made 13 years ago
Ta hashie! :P

I wasn't following my own motto "Look with the eyes, not the mouth..." Eg. Someone walks into my workshop, "I'm looking for the metric blue widgets, I just can't find them anywhere- any ideas?"
My usual caustic reply, "Well I usually look with the eyes, not the mouth..." :roll:

Not quite that relevant, its a good motto though! :D

Post #12 made 13 years ago
No worries Ralph, it's like my kids always want to look with their hands. They just don't get it.

For the Banner what about something along the lines of " Made by Brewers, United by the Bag " ???
"It's beer Jim, but not as we know it."

Post #13 made 13 years ago
Admin (NME) is coming around here to brew beer tomorrow. While he is brewing, I'll run through all the administration threads and delete solved or irrelevant posts.

Is there anything you guys would like to see actioned or have already asked for that we have forgotten :).

Please post away,
Pat

1. I want better smileys :evil:
2. Any more suggestions for the banner tagline can be made here
Last edited by Pat on 15 Oct 2010, 18:55, edited 40 times in total.

Post #14 made 13 years ago
Better smilies would be good, but I'd like to see, when I click on the "view last post" button, that it takes me to the last "un-read" post. Rather than the last post where I need to scroll backwards to find where I last read the thread.

Post #15 made 13 years ago
Good question Gav and we just found an answer. This feature actually already exists.

Got to a forum or view, "Active Topics." The red arrow in the pic below shows the icon you need to click to view the last unread post of that topic. If no icon exists, you have already read all the posts.
Unread Posts.JPG
Thanks for asking this hashie - you learn something new every day :).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Pat on 16 Oct 2010, 12:52, edited 40 times in total.

Post #16 made 13 years ago
Thanks Pat, that will make viewing topics much easier. I have been using the one on the right hand side beside the name of the last poster.

Thanks again.

Post #17 made 13 years ago
I had been using the "last post" one too hashie. Wish I'd found the "last unread post" one months ago :angry:.

[center]Admin Note[/center]

NME and I managed to dig up some new smileys in the last few days. Hopefully you'll see some sort of logical order to them. Let us know if you find or want any others.

I'll try and work out a way of posting the shortcut (BB) codes up later so as you can use the smileys easier in Quick Reply.

Cheers,
Pat
Last edited by Pat on 22 Oct 2010, 06:49, edited 40 times in total.

Post #18 made 13 years ago
Hi Pat & co, the smileys area is really wide in Full Editor, squeezes the text editor into the far RHS of the pane. Can we stack them down the LHS in a couple of columns perhaps?
:pray:

:pray:

:luck:

Post #19 made 13 years ago
Gee Ralph, you've only had the new smileys for two hours and you're already complaining :shoot:

;)

No, you are right mate. I'll let NME know and maybe he can make them appear the same way as they do when you send a PM. The PM bit was what I used to order them this morning. I didn't realise the posting section would come up differently.

Thanks mate,
Pat

Post #21 made 13 years ago
:nup: Simo, it is still spread across.

Try hitting "Quote" or "Post Repy" to this post and you'll see what Ralph means.

If you go to compose a PM though, the smileys are nicely tucked to the left and appear in logical lines - well as best as I could get them anyway ;)

Hope that makes sense :smoke:

Post #23 made 13 years ago
admin wrote:Ok. Figured it out. Carry on :)
Don't know how you do it but you always do :drink:

Hah! Just noticed that with whatever change you made, it also shrunk the PM side of things - lol! Previously, the "Good luck" smiley was the last smilie on the first row if that helps. Having the "good luck" smiley as last on the first row ends up being visually logical.

I am thinking this would be hard to fix but you always seem to find a way.

Thanks Simo for all of your unseen wizardry.
Last edited by Pat on 22 Oct 2010, 23:12, edited 40 times in total.

Post #25 made 13 years ago
:thumbs:
[center]"All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer."
[/center]

[center]Homer Simpson[/center]
[center]K.I.S.S., B.I.A.B.[/center]

Return to “Your Feedback”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 11 guests