Am I on the New Server yet?

Post #1 made 7 years ago
Changing servers seems to be an odd process where some users will be on the new server, depending on their Internet Service Provider (ISP), much faster than others. Some ISP's can take two days to get you to the new server apparently.

[center]If you type in biabrewer.info and see...[/center]
Blue: You are being served by the old server, however, there is a red announcement which explains you can go to bia.brewer.info and safely post there while you're waiting.

Green: You are being served from the new server.

If you are on the new server, please do us a favour and test the new site's speed in this thread.

Any other problems, please feel free to post here.

Cheers
[left]BIABrewer[/left]
Last edited by Pat on 08 Jan 2017, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Am I on the New Server yet?

Post #2 made 7 years ago
Some weird stuff!

I've been getting served by the new server for several hours and now am getting served by the old server again.

This happened earlier this afternoon but we just assumed we had changed something at this end.

If you are having any troubles, remember you can post on bia.brewer.info (this is where I have posted this post from).

The mind-boggling world of IT - always full of surprises  :smoke:
Last edited by BIABrewer on 08 Jan 2017, 19:16, edited 2 times in total.
Are you a "Goodwill Brewer?" Pay forward and Buy Some BIPs ;)

Post #3 made 7 years ago
[EDIT: Posted the below about an hour ago but am now back to blue skin again. I think we'll just have to wait this one out :smoke: ]

I'm back on the green skin again now.

The only logic I can think of behind this is (and I have no idea of the technical terms) is that my requests must occasionally be going via an ISP that hasn't updated yet.

If I'm correct on this, then other members may also experience a little erratic behaviour between blue and green.

:think:

Post #6 made 7 years ago
Thanks MS  :salute:: It's above my pay-grade to fix that but will add to list of things to do.

Streamer, that's very strange. Had a look in the database and your style is set to the same as everyone else's. Leave it with me. I'm just hoping you've gone colour-blind recently, that way nothing to fix!

Running behind on getting the "What's Happening" thread up as a few other things jumped in as priorities.

As for the site speed issue, will have to wait until Mikey or Simo get a bit of time up their sleeve sorry.

Return to “Your Feedback”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 28 guests