A note on the Amazon ad at bottom of the page.

Post #1 made 8 years ago
For those of you who have been here for a while, you may remember the Amazon banner being at the top of the site for the last two and a half years where I just discovered it has earned a whole fifteen dollars :lol:.

In the last few weeks, I have been looking at the new PhpBB software that runs the site and it is so much better than the current version. We'd like to get it up and running in a whole new format asap and this has forced me to learn my way around the backend of the site a little. For a bit of practice, I thought I'd change the ads around.

A Few Notes on the Ads

You'll see that there are now 6 books I recommend plus a pH roll, a digital thermometer and an Amazon search box. Using any of these will lead to BIABrewer getting some coinage which would be great as I've spent a thousand dollars in the last week on the site. Ouch!

Please note that I have made all the books link to an eBook version. If you want the hardback, when you get to Amazon, click on that but be careful of the additional postage costs especially of outside the US. Postage on the thermometer and strips is probably okay but check that as well.

Finally, never rely on a single thermometer or two of the same type. Try and have at least two different ones.

All the best,
Pat

[EDIT: Just checked the account and they actually did send a cheque in February and another gift card but they just never arrived here :scratch:]
Last edited by Pat on 17 Nov 2015, 04:44, edited 1 time in total.
Are you a "Goodwill Brewer?" Pay forward and Buy Some BIPs ;)

Post #2 made 8 years ago
Pat wrote: Finally, never rely on a single thermometer or two of the same type. Try and have at least two different ones.

h
I might add that hopefully these multiple thermometers read the same or you will go insane before the mash is done. Just sayin.
Last edited by Lylo on 18 Nov 2015, 08:56, edited 1 time in total.
AWOL

Post #3 made 8 years ago
Too true Lylo :).

On a more serious note, has anyone purchased anything at the bottom of the page in the last seven days? I would have thought there would have been one sale at least but nothing is showing up.

I'd like to keep those recommendations up/down there but they really do take up space/bandwidth etc, and if they serve no educational or supportive purpose to the site, then they might as well go.

Any feedback or ideas on this would be appreciated.
Last edited by Pat on 27 Nov 2015, 01:44, edited 1 time in total.

Post #4 made 8 years ago
I haven't ordered anything but Christmas is coming up. Is there a way for a non member to order off Amazon and for the site to get credit?

After a while the tendency is to overlook something like this if it remains static. You might try adding new items that you would recommend - shake things up a bit.

Just my 2c
    • SVA Brewer With Over 5 Brews From United States of America

Re:

Post #6 made 8 years ago
Streamer wrote:I haven't ordered anything but Christmas is coming up. Is there a way for a non member to order off Amazon and for the site to get credit?

After a while the tendency is to overlook something like this if it remains static. You might try adding new items that you would recommend - shake things up a bit.

Just my 2c
I believe anyone who clicks on the Amazon banner will contribute to the site. Amazon doesn't know who you are just that you came to them via this site.
Last edited by Lumpy5oh on 27 Nov 2015, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.
Some people are like slinkies. Not good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Weehoosebrewing.ga
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Canada

Post #8 made 8 years ago
[I don't often get time to write on the forum as "Pat". Today is a day where I am attempting to catch up.]

Firstly, apologies for my lack of feedback in this thread. I did track things, for, perhaps a fortnight, and found no purchases besides B4M's. Thank you for your purchase B4M and to the others above who replied to this thread. I just spent some time trying to log into my Amazon account but it takes more time than it is worth. They do send me a monthly email though that always says the following...

"Dear Amazon Associate,

We have just sent payments to eligible Associates for the advertising fees earned in the program during the month of December 2015.

Your earnings, including any credit balance from previous payment periods, did not reach the minimum advertising fee threshold for your payment method. We have credited your December advertising fees to your account for future payment. You can view your current balance in..."

I think I did get a $50 voucher once though :).

Primavera, I have no problems with an Adblocker, so don't worry about that, and, I have no problems with brewers buying any of those books etc., through other sources. Streamer mentions, very sensibly, adding new items from time to time as well...

This forum currently runs on, from memory, phpBB3.0 software. For someone like me, using that version, changing books etc below takes a very long time, so, instead, any time I do have as "Pat", is being spent on the new site/forum. At this point in time, I also can't think of anything to replace those recommendations with :think:.

I better keep moving, but, the point of this post is: to say thanks to the above; advise active contributors here, who post to help others, to not go out of their way to financially contribute, just keep doing what you are doing; readers/guests who do get value from the site and want to contribute should definitely consider contributing financially (hovering somewhere to the top right and clicking will enable you to do that).

Many thanks,
Pat

For my convenience, I'm going to close this thread. If you have a reply though, please feel free to post in this thread.
Last edited by Pat on 18 Mar 2016, 00:32, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Your Feedback”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 29 guests