Post #51 made 11 years ago
Hi Tsar

I use gas but I've seen threads where guys have bought cheap kettles and used the elements from those, I also saw a thread recently where a guy bought an element that he formed to his kettle shape :think: It may not have been on here, if I can find it I'll post a link. Do a search on electric Biab.

Are you looking to buy from anywhere ??

:luck:

Yeasty
Why is everyone talking about "Cheese"
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From Great Britain

Post #52 made 11 years ago
Yeasty wrote:Hi Tsar

I use gas but I've seen threads where guys have bought cheap kettles and used the elements from those, I also saw a thread recently where a guy bought an element that he formed to his kettle shape :think: It may not have been on here, if I can find it I'll post a link. Do a search on electric Biab.

Are you looking to buy from anywhere ??

Yeasty
Hi Yeasty,

I've a 30L kettle and I'm waiting for 50L one, and that's exactly my idea. I'm looking to buy from anywhere, as long as the shipping isn't more expensive than the element itself :P

Thanks
Last edited by Tsar on 06 Mar 2013, 03:59, edited 6 times in total.

Post #53 made 11 years ago
Hello, I'm in Puglia, the heel of Italy. I'm kit brewing at the moment (and really enjoying it), but intend to get the equipment sorted for BIAB sometime this year. I thought I was close, but the place I was going to get my ingredients from only sells unmilled grain, so unless I can find somewhere that sells milled grain, I'm going to have to research milling, save up & buy a mill, etc.. before things progress.

Anyway, I thought I'd check in and say thanks for the wealth of information on the site. I'm particularly keen on getting some recipes bookmarked. Summer Ales now, and Porters for winter are my thing (not that they're easy to find around here), but having a read up on here I finding myself wanting to investigate Wheat Beers, Bocks, APAs, all sorts....

Oh, and my goal is to make beer off-grid. So, wood fired, captured and cleaned water, home-grown hops & home-malted grains, etc..

Post #54 made 11 years ago
Hi im Balli from South Wales (Llantrisant).

Brewed my first BIAB not long ago and Im impatiently waiting to taste it. Any brewers on hear from South Wales? or anyone know of any brewing clubs in the area?

Post #56 made 10 years ago
Hi Tsar, go to the Home Brew Forum - there's a 'How To' guide on there for installing cheap kettle elements into your boiler. And I must learn how to do links...

Post #58 made 10 years ago
Hi,

Name is Tony, I live near Northants in the UK, and am heavily committed to BIAB, I use a modified Burco 30l, and chill using both ice bath and no chill. The Missus made me a couple lof voile bags, perfect, and extremely tough.

I am hoping to move to Sicily in the next 6 months so would love to hear from any Home Brewers over there. I understand Mr Malt is the main supplier of grain and equipment, but would appreciate any advice

I mostly brew dark Stouts and Porters, and am trying to perfect my Hobgoblin clone, but willing to try my hand at anything new.

Take care fellow HomeBrewers

Post #59 made 10 years ago
Hi Yettiman

Nice to hear from a fellow Brit. Your Hobgoblin clone project sounds interesting as I am a fan of that brew myself. How do you fancy starting a thread and perhaps researching recipes with a view to a bottle swap ?

I need a project to kick me up the arse as I haven't brewed for eons.. :sad:

Any other fellow Brit Biabrrrs up for it.

:salute:

Yeasty

Post #60 made 10 years ago
Hi Yeasty and Yettiman
I brewed a clone of Hobgoblin last year which was a good beer but I'm not sure how close to the original it was. I would also be interested in joining in the project. Keep us posted and I will try and get "Hobblin' Goblin" recipe entered into BIABicus.
Adman
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Great Britain

Post #61 made 10 years ago
Yeasty wrote:Nice to hear from a fellow Brit. Your Hobgoblin clone project sounds interesting as I am a fan of that brew myself. How do you fancy starting a thread and perhaps researching recipes with a view to a bottle swap ?
I like the sound of this!

I have done a few Bitters now, and they all ended up really good. The problem I have is it takes about 6 months before they get to their peak. :shock:
Pendle witch, Tribute, Landlord - all good but only after very long conditioning. I did Hashies Old Speckled Hen about 6 weeks ago and it is not good yet.
I guess I am going to have to wait until summer :sad:

I would like to see not only how other brewers beers compare, but also how drinkable they are at certain times. Count me in!
Last edited by mally on 14 Feb 2014, 18:12, edited 6 times in total.
G B
I spent lots of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered
I've stopped drinking, but only when I'm asleep
I ONCE gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life

Post #62 made 10 years ago
Nice to see there is some interest in Hobgoblin. I'll not start a new thread yet until we hear from Yettiman as I don't want to hijack his project. So get researching guys.

:thumbs:

Yeasty

Post #63 made 10 years ago
Hi Yeasty,

The Hobgoblin clone was a mixed success. A nice/good beer with some hidden malty complexity to it, great colour, crystal clear (after 2 months in the bottle, but it lost head very quickly and was a little light in mouth feel.

Would love to be part of a separate HG thread.

I will get the BIABacus recipe ready for the HG thread.

Looking forward to comparing notes
Last edited by Yettiman on 26 Feb 2014, 02:48, edited 1 time in total.

Post #64 made 10 years ago
I have took the liberty of starting a new thread on the hobgoblin clone here.
I presume myself, Yeasty, Adman, and Yettiman are still interested?
Last edited by mally on 25 Feb 2014, 17:57, edited 6 times in total.
G B

Re: Say hi and where you're from in Europe.

Post #67 made 10 years ago
Hi I'm Jube,

I am an expat living in Pécs, Hungary.
I have a few 3V full grain brews to my name but they take a long time.

2 weeks ago brewed 70lt Saison starting in morning and finishing around midnight. 2 different vessels one using BIAB and other with sparge, etc. Am interested in how both finished beers turn out.

Looking at starting a homebrew club in the area...if anyone is interested from around here.

Cheers
    • SVA Brewer With Over 5 Brews From New Zealand

Post #68 made 10 years ago
balli1990 wrote:Hi im Balli from South Wales (Llantrisant).

Brewed my first BIAB not long ago and Im impatiently waiting to taste it. Any brewers on hear from South Wales? or anyone know of any brewing clubs in the area?
Hi Balli,

I know it's been rather a long time since your post but, until recently I lived near Llantrisant, (Llanharan) but have now moved to Chepstow. It's a pity I didn't see your post sooner as it would be good to see another BIABer's brewday.

Hope your first batch went well, though that's probably long gone by now!

Dave
Last edited by brewdave on 10 May 2014, 04:13, edited 6 times in total.

Post #70 made 9 years ago
Hi Dennis, it's good to have you on board. :thumbs:

We met at the Home Brew Festival earlier this year so now I've met 2 other brewers on this forum! That's almost a crowd...

Anyway, let us know how you find the switch from 3V to Biab.

Adam

Post #71 made 9 years ago
Adman1966 wrote:Hi Dennis, it's good to have you on board. :thumbs:

We met at the Home Brew Festival earlier this year so now I've met 2 other brewers on this forum! That's almost a crowd...

Anyway, let us know how you find the switch from 3V to Biab.

Adam
Hi Adam, yes I do remember you. At the moment I am just considering Biab. as I know a few other brewers from the other forum are as well.
Last edited by Dennis King on 23 Aug 2014, 19:28, edited 6 times in total.

Post #72 made 9 years ago
Hi,

Anyone from northeast uk? I'm just outside durham city and busy putting my BIAB kit together. Just need the pot, burner, regulator, hose, brewbag .......and a shed to brew it in.
Seriously though, I should have the majority of this by the end of the month and can't wait to get started.

Broonzy.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Great Britain

Post #73 made 9 years ago
broonzy wrote:Hi,

Anyone from northeast uk? I'm just outside durham city and busy putting my BIAB kit together. Just need the pot, burner, regulator, hose, brewbag .......and a shed to brew it in.
Seriously though, I should have the majority of this by the end of the month and can't wait to get started.

Broonzy.
I was broonzy but now I'm in the northwest. :headhit:

be quick and you'll have beer for crimbo.

Yeasty
Last edited by Yeasty on 04 Nov 2014, 05:26, edited 6 times in total.

Post #74 made 9 years ago
Hi all,

I'm an Aussie living in the middle of France and I'm just about to embark on the BIAB adventure. I'm putting everything together and learning how to sew up a bag through trial and error. It's all good. Hopefully start brewing BIAB style this weekend.

Post #75 made 9 years ago
Welcome Kenoath

If it's not too late for you have a look at the sticky thread on sewing your own bag here.

Or a simpler one here.

Last edited by mally on 05 Nov 2014, 05:50, edited 6 times in total.
G B

Return to “Europe”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 8 guests