Post #27 made 11 years ago
Lars wrote:I use a version of this.
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/cheap-e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... get-68218/
I have a set of hoses and 1 short piece of polycarbonate tube with a hole in it.

I use an immersion chiller, so I aerate when I transfer from my keggle to my corny keg (which I ferment in). I will also add my dry yeast and seal up my corny keg and shake it some more.
Last edited by Mad_Scientist on 24 Jan 2013, 06:21, edited 5 times in total.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #29 made 11 years ago
Mad_Scientist wrote:
Lars wrote:I use a version of this.
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/cheap-e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... get-68218/
I have a set of hoses and 1 short piece of polycarbonate tube with a hole in it.

I use an immersion chiller, so I aerate when I transfer from my keggle to my corny keg (which I ferment in). I will also add my dry yeast and seal up my corny keg and shake it some more.
I've heard about this method, I think it's called Venturi effect. How does it work for you?
Last edited by Tsar on 01 Mar 2013, 17:59, edited 5 times in total.

Post #30 made 11 years ago
I have a photo I took on my last brew day, shown on my photostream. The foam you see is Starsan, not from the aeration.

It does suck in air, I can see it. I don't think I have it fine tuned though. I should move the small piece with the hole further upstream, it is a piece of syphon tube, and should probably be a lot longer, giving the wort more contact time. The forth piece of tube (after the ventui) should be removed, probably is counter-productive as it is stepping back up to a higher diameter.

Post #31 made 11 years ago
I use O2.. Oxygen bottle picked up from a lady whose husband was on O2 before he passed. It came with a regulator and a flow meter. $35 for the whole thing and the bottle was full. I will NEVER need to buy O2 again :) I used to use the little red cylinders that came from HomeDepot and were used for brazing with MAPP gas. They worked fine.. but, was an expense that I'll, fortunately, never have to do again.
Bill
Hop Song Brewing-Santa Rosa, California

Post #32 made 11 years ago
HbgBill wrote:I use O2.. Oxygen bottle picked up from a lady whose husband was on O2 before he passed. It came with a regulator and a flow meter. $35 for the whole thing and the bottle was full. I will NEVER need to buy O2 again :) I used to use the little red cylinders that came from HomeDepot and were used for brazing with MAPP gas. They worked fine.. but, was an expense that I'll, fortunately, never have to do again.
We are all jealous of your green O2 tank.
Last edited by Mad_Scientist on 05 Mar 2013, 05:05, edited 5 times in total.

Post #33 made 11 years ago
Mad_Scientist wrote:
HbgBill wrote:I use O2.. Oxygen bottle picked up from a lady whose husband was on O2 before he passed. It came with a regulator and a flow meter. $35 for the whole thing and the bottle was full. I will NEVER need to buy O2 again :) I used to use the little red cylinders that came from HomeDepot and were used for brazing with MAPP gas. They worked fine.. but, was an expense that I'll, fortunately, never have to do again.
We are all jealous of your green O2 tank.
I could paint it a different color? Jealousy isn't a good thing :) Actually, green looks better than red.. but it is an O-L-D green that certainly needs a refresh. And the chrome on the regulator looks like a pitted old bumper.. Bet you aren't quite so envious now :D
Last edited by HbgBill on 07 Mar 2013, 11:53, edited 5 times in total.
Bill
Hop Song Brewing-Santa Rosa, California

Return to “Intermediate Brewing”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 17 guests