Under Primed Bottles

Post #1 made 11 years ago
So my last batch of Amarican Pale Ale was cold crashed for several days, and then Bottled. The bottling Carbonation Calculator said to use a rather small amount of sugar to prime. It told me that because I told it the wrong info. :idiot: The beer is tasty, just kinda flat :roll: . My question is, can I top up my bottles so to speak with a calculated bit-o-sugar, recap, and drink in a week or so?
Last edited by 2trout on 11 Feb 2013, 09:18, edited 2 times in total.
"All I know is that the beer is good and people clamor for it. OK, it's free and that has something to do with it."
Bobbrews
    • BME Brewer With Over 5 Brews From United States of America

Re: Under Primed Bottles

Post #3 made 11 years ago
You can reprime but you will then have to allow it to referment and condition again. And make a sugar syrup cos if you just add a spoon of sugar you will release a volcano of foam.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk 2
Why is everyone talking about "Cheese"
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From Great Britain

Post #5 made 11 years ago
Lets see, I think that its beet in bottles going on 4 weeks. I condition at around 60-65* because that is the space I have. I put 6 bottles up high in my kitchen where it is warmest, and those are no better.
"All I know is that the beer is good and people clamor for it. OK, it's free and that has something to do with it."
Bobbrews
    • BME Brewer With Over 5 Brews From United States of America

Post #6 made 11 years ago
If you pop the cap and add a few cartabs. You should be OK. The light carbonation should have the bottle filled with C02. The C02 should keep any oxygen out and not cause oxidation? The bottle my erupt when the cartabs (4?) are added? :argh: Good luck! :luck:
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 2 Bourbon Barrel Porter
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Pipeline: Mulled Cider 10% ABV

http://cheesestradamus.com/ Brewers challenge!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Return to “Bottling”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 7 guests