Grain / Malt Substitution Spreadsheet

Post #1 made 13 years ago
[Admin Note: The following post and spreadsheet was noticed in an obscure section of BIABrewer.info and we thought it deserved a thread of it's own. Shibolet wrote the following...]

This is an excel file I put together. It shows the various malts and their substitutions. I'd love any feedback.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by shibolet on 04 Aug 2010, 21:51, edited 10 times in total.
Cube:
fermenter: Sourdough Spelt Ale, Classic Lambic, Oud Brune, Barrel Aged Belgian Dubbel
Kegs: Bob's Black IPA, Blanc Blond, Soda...
to be brewed:

Post #3 made 13 years ago
Thanks a heap for posting that up Shibolet. All the different malt names you read gets confusing so this simplifies it a lot.

Is it okay for brewers here to add to your spreadsheet and for you to keep editing your first post above with the latest version? For example would it be okay to add other suppliers or to create a column for SRM where they are missing for a supplier?

Thanks again,
PP
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #6 made 13 years ago
still waiting for feedback on the contents of the file.
Cube:
fermenter: Sourdough Spelt Ale, Classic Lambic, Oud Brune, Barrel Aged Belgian Dubbel
Kegs: Bob's Black IPA, Blanc Blond, Soda...
to be brewed:

Post #7 made 13 years ago
I might be able to add some other malts at some stage shibolet but at the moment I have a new keyboard that is playing up (will return it tomorrow if I get a chance) and a severe lack of time :). As for feedback, I think the main thing now would be for all of us to try and fill in any blanks.

I do see a problem, in that as more company malts are added, it will get harder to read. Not sure what the answer to that is.

Good on you,
PP
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #8 made 13 years ago
Very cool. Just found this

I've been meaning to collect these details... and now I don't have to :)

Thanks Shibolet :)
Fermenting: -
Cubed: -
Stirplate: -
On Tap: NS Summer Ale III (WY1272), Landlord III (WY1469), Fighter's 70/- II (WY1272), Roast Porter (WY1028), Cider, Soda
Next: Munich Helles III

5/7/12

Return to “Grains (Malts), Extracts, Sugars and Adjuncts”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 22 guests