Cold Crashing Cluster

Post #1 made 7 years ago
Desperate times call for desperate measures :).

Three fermenters of same wort with 3 different dry hops. My co-brewer youmustbemellow is unsure whether the malt backbone is strong enough to support the column...
Column Cold Crashing.jpg
Safety first though!...
Jockey Strap.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by PistolPatch on 13 Sep 2016, 17:45, edited 1 time in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #2 made 7 years ago
Nicely stacked though I'd have thought the buckets would be best stacked on top of each, I can see the airlocks being a bit of an issue ;)

I imagine the plastic should be able to cope fairly well even if unbalanced load is applied.

Post #3 made 7 years ago
Ha Ha!

Which of you will be the guinea pig that has to open the door though :think:
G B
I spent lots of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered
I've stopped drinking, but only when I'm asleep
I ONCE gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Great Britain

Post #5 made 7 years ago
Little did that refrigerator / freezer know that its life would be dedicated to serve as a fermentation chamber and not store rosters or cake. :lol: A+ for creativity.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #6 made 7 years ago
mally wrote:Which of you will be the guinea pig that has to open the door though :think:
:argh:

I'll get Sarah (ymbm) to do that I reckon :).

I don't think plywood would cut it Tim... the aluminium shelf (see bottom of first pic) is 4mm thick and even that couldn't handle the weight, hence the steel channel underneath it which fortunately was of the perfect height. I'm glad MS noticed the creativity ;).

The sad thing is, that fridge normally holds five kegs, but, sadder still, only gives about two weeks of writing fuel for the new site :smoke:. I blame ymbm for this :smoke:.

Anyway, let's hope that, when we open the door on this cold crashing cluster, it doesn't result in a massive cluster f&*%k! :).
Last edited by PistolPatch on 15 Sep 2016, 01:40, edited 1 time in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Return to “General Chit-Chat, Nonsense & Rambles”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 33 guests