Post #2 made 9 years ago
You guys are crazy living there :argh:.

For those who work in Celsius, received an email from Bob a few days ago who is busy shovelling snow. Here's his forecast. And yes, those highs and lows are in Celsius :shock:.

Brew vodka I reckon :smoke:.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #3 made 9 years ago
Ugh, I got a taste of this back in mid November. Traveled to Des Moines, IA for work and it was about 50F colder than home at the time(the low was about 8F that week).

The guys joked about having me back in January, NOOOOPE. Growing my beard was supposed to help keep me warm? Nah, at least it helped keep my face looking stoic as possible.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From United States of America

Post #6 made 9 years ago
Ahhhh those crazy canucks... gotta love em... I'll send you our "warm weather" your way only of you promise to teach me the finer points of curling... ***tongue placed firmly in cheek*** :kisswink:

Post #9 made 9 years ago
LOL on the hockey, -25 C here this morning, wind is picking up now, supposedly feels like -40 C with windchill, but anything colder than -30 c feels the same to me.

Anyway, I'm not complaining, need this weather to freeze the bay over so I can go catch some perch out there. Can't wait to try my new pop up ice shack I got for Christmas, no more hiding from the wind crouched down behind the snowmobile for this guy.

:smoke:
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Canada

Post #10 made 9 years ago
Lol... my wife is from South America... a warmer climate. The first time I took her to a frozen lake, she freaked when I walked out on it a ways... then the trucks started pulling on the lake to set up their shanties for the weekend. The look on her face was priceless.

Post #12 made 9 years ago
I considered trying it last year myself,since my house is about 30 feet from the shore, but I only have an 8" ice auger and would hate scooping 10 gallons+ out of there by hand. The way I see it, my well is only maybe 40-45 feet from the shore, so I basically brew with lake water all year round.

Post #13 made 9 years ago
It's 23F here. Good time to be in Key West Florida and visit Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville.

... and have a "Cheeseburger in Paradise".

MS
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #14 made 9 years ago
Up here it is 9F/-13C, only 21F below normal low Temperature......Spring is on it's Way!!!!
Honest Officer, I swear to Drunk, I am Not God.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #15 made 9 years ago
Wow, -13C in Tennessee! You are only a few degrees above us here today, it has warmed up to about -16C here today but the gusty wind still makes it feel like around -25C. I woke up to about 10" of snow in the driveway with a few 2 foot drifts, thank goodness for snow tires...

Post #19 made 9 years ago
Go Pack!

Ill be at the game. With my 79 year old Mom! She has missed only 3 games(regular and post season) since 1957!

trout
"All I know is that the beer is good and people clamor for it. OK, it's free and that has something to do with it."
Bobbrews
    • BME Brewer With Over 5 Brews From United States of America

Post #20 made 9 years ago
Great stuff Trout :champ:.

You guys are probably wishing for this weather (from the Australian Bureau of Meteorology - temps in Celsius)...
2015-01-09_20-07-12.jpg
Btw, 47.5 C = 117.5 F and 49.8 C = 121.6 F.

:yum:

P.S. Gooseberry Hill is about 20 kms (12 miles from me.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by PistolPatch on 09 Jan 2015, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #21 made 9 years ago
I could use a day or 2 at maybe 30C, 40s is a little much for me I think. I actually enjoy winter here, although not shoveling/plowing/snowblowing but I do like skiing, snowmobiling and ice fishing. I much prefer snow to rain...

:drink:

Post #22 made 9 years ago
No way PP... you can keep your 40s. I lived in santiago chile for several years and it was in the low to mid 30s all summer. That was enough for me. The coast was in the upper 20s, low 30s... that is perfect. Is that too much to ask?

Post #23 made 9 years ago
What a lovely Wisconsin January day, and what a Game!

10923551_10203488754759104_1796328087592477166_n.jpg
10270745_970946276266730_4800345948573617226_n.jpg
Last edited by 2trout on 14 Jan 2015, 23:17, edited 1 time in total.
"All I know is that the beer is good and people clamor for it. OK, it's free and that has something to do with it."
Bobbrews
    • BME Brewer With Over 5 Brews From United States of America

Return to “General Chit-Chat, Nonsense & Rambles”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 25 guests