Cheesestradamus 2014. Green Bay Packers and Beer.

Post #1 made 9 years ago
The pre-season (practice games) are set to begin on August 9th 2014. :luck:
previous years players and new players are welcome to compete for big, BIG prizes!
You don't have to know anything about American football at all! Nothing! The fun is trash talking to your fellow brewers here on this post! We have sent prizes all over the World so don't let your location stop you! Join up with your fellow brewers!
Cheesestradamus 2014. Predict the results of the Green Bay Packers game each week.

Welcome to Cheesestradamus for the 2014 Green Bay Packer season. Compete against your friends and family with your Packer knowledge. Simple to do, easy to win! Fun for all. The Season starts August 9th 2014! The Pre-Season games will be played as a shakedown or trouble shooting test. The points won't count for the grand prize except as a tie breaker. So you are encouraged to play every game! Get your friends to play to enhance your fun!

First time users must register to join the contest!! We won't share your email!

The season is about to start and it's Cheese time. Cheesestradamus is for both the family togetherness part of football and the hardened statistician nut. You may have never seen a American Football game or you might have seen every game. You're chances of winning prizes are about the same? :think:

Fantasy football fans seem to over think everything and the kids pick because they like a teams mascot? Yes, if you study, you will have a better chance of winning the weekly contest. It seldom works out that way? The preseason is hard to predict because of all the young players being evaluated. I need to check out the program to test all the internal changes I made. I need you to play the preseason to help me check it out.

The preseason scores will be used in the case of a tie at the end of the season. So it is worth your while to play the preseason to help test the system and accumulate points. The answers to the ten questions are right in front of you when you pick. Just pick a little lower or higher. It's that easy!
Listen to this cool song to get you in the Green Bay Packer mood. :drink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6ZkkViQ9gw
Cheese_Head_1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by BobBrews on 01 Aug 2014, 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 2 Bourbon Barrel Porter
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Pipeline: Mulled Cider 10% ABV

http://cheesestradamus.com/ Brewers challenge!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #2 made 9 years ago
Wow, it's Winnebago season again!

Any chance of an Airstream this year instead Bob?
G B
I spent lots of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered
I've stopped drinking, but only when I'm asleep
I ONCE gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Great Britain

Post #4 made 9 years ago
mally,PP. :clap:

I am working on a deal to get a Airstream rather than a Winnebago? If it falls thru? We go back to trinkets purchased while paying for petrol. Wish us luck! I will work on the "Cheese" newsletter today. Naturally SWMBO Scheduled us to be out of town on the first practice (Pre-Season) game. I will have to do everything from my laptop at my sister house. :angry:

Cheese is open to anyone, so if you have mates who like "competition" (Substitute the word "luck" here). Get them to join. I don't care if people play with more than one identity? As long as they use a different email address they are OK.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #5 made 9 years ago
All,
41ICrwcycnL__SL500__SR290,237__.jpg

The big winner gets *this!

*the picture of the bus. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by BobBrews on 04 Aug 2014, 22:11, edited 1 time in total.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #7 made 9 years ago
Lumpy5oh,

The game is ready for you and expects you to rock and roll with us. We are motley crew who takes friendly jabs at each other. We normally have players from many countries and continents. Bring in a friend or not. When the Packers play the browns in the Superbowl we will have extra fun?
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #8 made 9 years ago
Having spent the entire summer in intensive training.... I'm ready!

I NEED a team bus! It's time to end the reign of PP as Head Cheese Brewer!

Let battle commence. :argh:
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Great Britain

Post #9 made 9 years ago
Lumpy, good on ya!

Adman, I was ready to take a season off but them's fighthing words :angry:. (Lylo was head cheese the year before me so pick on him as well!!! :)).

Your recruiting campaign is going crap Bob. Have you got a Farcebook page? I can't stand FaecesBook but know a few troops that might get into Cheese via that.

No thiefs though I know you associate with them - lol!!!!
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #10 made 9 years ago
Players, and (about to be players?)

Through my brilliance I gave the OK to a visit with out-of-town relatives earlier in the year. I foolishly didn't check to see if there was a football game that day! So, I will be on the road for the first test of "Cheese". Hopefully their WIFI will be working and I can get the job done with the "Crap-top" computer. (err.. I mean Lap-top) So if the site goes down or the points don't add up? I will fix it late Sunday or by Monday at the latest?

So if your 'game' to try it? Please "Do the Cheese" as we say! Do it now! It only takes a few seconds and you don't have to know anything at all about it. The average guesses of everyone else is right next too where you put your guess in. If you have know idea whats going on? Just enter a little higher or lower number?

I want to get this tested out before the real games begin. I did a sloppy job of changing things by stopping for a week or two before starting up again. I did a poor job of keeping notes on where I left off and things like that. My fault entirely. :sneak:

http://cheesestradamus.com/ :luck:

P.S. Even though I will beat all of you without really trying :sleep: It's nice to add a few more rungs to the ladder of my success. It makes crushing all of you more enjoyable for me! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by BobBrews on 07 Aug 2014, 21:45, edited 1 time in total.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #11 made 9 years ago
Bob, there's one of two reasons why members are not flocking in droves to join Cheesetradamus this year...

1. From reading the first post, they probably have no idea what it is :lol:.

2. If they do know what it is, they are probably scared they will be beaten by some Aussie who knows nothing about American football (like last year :whistle:).

I can do nothing about 1 but I can do something about 2. I'm going to pull out of 2014. I really enjoy the Cheese but am running too far behind on some stuff atm to be a good participant.

I believe the pre-season starts tomorrow so there is still a 14 day count-down until the real game begins. I reckon get this thread moved off the main board and start a new thread that from post #1 explains what Cheese is all about. Cheese deserves a lot better than only three players I reckon.

:luck:
PP

P.S. Here is a link to last year's thread. And here is my favourite post from last year. :lol: :lol: :lol:.
Last edited by PistolPatch on 09 Aug 2014, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #12 made 9 years ago
All,

I had trouble getting the results done in this first (practice game) That is why I need you players to play. My Craptop (laptop) wouldn't work with my hotels WIFI? Whatever?? So I had to tweak it once I got home.

The game was played in a monsoon rainstorm. The good players where not playing because of a risk of injury with the wet footing. The rookies were tested mightily which was probably better in the long run. They have to slim down from 90 prospective players :pray: to 56 in three more games :argh: . Once the season begins only 46 players will suite up on game day! :thumbs:

I decided to just make a page on the web site that is just for we brewers. It will be located here. http://cheesestradamus.com/biabrewers.php I have a incomplete mash up there now. I temporarily used a existing field in the database to target you guys. My field was being use for something else so for the time being I won't show up automatically. I will add a new field to the database just for this purpose soon.

Here is a link to a printable schedule for your wall. http://media.jrn.com/documents/PACKSKED ... 281%29.pdf

Here is a picture of the game schedule.
2014 Packers.png
Last edited by BobBrews on 12 Aug 2014, 00:10, edited 1 time in total.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #13 made 9 years ago
Well Bob, I was bored at work yesterday after designing my next two beer recipes so I decided to sign up. I'm not a huge football fan and don't subscribe to any TV service so can't watch the games anyway, but figured what the heck. I did go to Wisconsin once last year, my wife was there doing some training in Madison and I spent a week at Great Wolf Lodge with my kids. Definitely some good cheese around there, but a week is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too long at Great Wolf Lodge... Anyway, since I don't follow football and know next to nothing about the packers, I am fully expecting to be a top performer here hah.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Canada

Post #14 made 9 years ago
goulaigan,

Sorry I took so long to respond. It's easy enough to play. Even though you might not care for football? The answers from everyone else is next to where you pick yours. Choose a little higher or lower? For those who know the sport. I usually present the information to make a more fine-tuned choice.

The preseason is worthless for making serious choices but invaluable for me to test out changes I have made. Many good players don't play the preseason because of the randomness of the results. I now use the preseason points for a tie breaker at the end of the season. I hoped to encourage experts to play?

I added a automatic player Joe Average that will be the averages of everyone's choices. Just to show what "Playing the averages" will produce? I have a list of 44 items to improve the experience. I just started to do them in the last week! (What a lazy bastard I am) I am spending my whole day fiddling with this? Brain teasers! You are on the list!
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #15 made 9 years ago
Hey Bob , I'm in.. :salute: Guess when you cheeseheads come down to play the Bucs
there will be a sea of green and yellow like the old days. :lol: :lol: Heard today it was already sold out. At least none of our games are blacked out this year. :thumbs: :thumbs:
Joe

Post #16 made 9 years ago
Joe,

Your in the game. It's surprising how many people out there will be "Butt kicked"? If you haven't already log in and create a handle ( preferably jhough ) I will take care of the rest. the next game is Saturday at 2:30 eastern time.

Get your picks in! You always can change it later on?
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #18 made 9 years ago
Just took a good look at the schedule and noticed that ... What the wife's beloved ( yes, she really is from there ) Detroit Lions are not a Gold Package game , but , the Raiders are ? :headhit: :headhit: :headhit:
Guess toooooo dang much snow this past winter or twas it all the rain last weekend ?

Post #19 made 9 years ago
jhough,

Scheduling is always crazy. The Pack plays the Lions in the third game and the season finale (at least for the lions) Ha! Get the boss to play too? After you make your picks you can explain her how to do it. Big, big prizes are shipped out at the end of the season. If she wins I will send out a Lion trinket rather than Packers. I buy the prizes at the checkout when I pay for gas or buy coffee, so don't expect much!
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #20 made 9 years ago
Players,

The Pack plays it's second (Pre-Season, practice, exhibition game) on Saturday August 16th at 3PM central time (US) So get your picks in. I have been tweaking the program all week and need to fix my boo boos before the real Season starts on September 4th. Thanks again!
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #21 made 9 years ago
Nanu nanu, Mork: Saying goodbye to Robin Williams
IMG_660091559986376.jpeg
Denver Bronco Robin Williams "Cheerleader"???,
From Mork and Mindy sitcom.
Last edited by Mad_Scientist on 16 Aug 2014, 00:07, edited 1 time in total.

Post #23 made 9 years ago
Players.

The Packers played like the champions they are. Every aspect of the game was good except the penalties. The referees were as bad as the players were at times. The rookies are making it rough on the coaches. So many players said "why not me?" Excellent win of 21 to 7!

Bobbrews and alymere had 8 points. If I looked correctly Mally still leads with 11 points! :champ:

Look at the link for the preseason practice game!

http://cheesestradamus.com/biabrewers.php :thumbs:
Last edited by BobBrews on 17 Aug 2014, 07:26, edited 1 time in total.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #24 made 9 years ago
The next game is on Friday August 22nd. This is the third of 4 Pre-Season or practice games. Traditionally the expected starters for the new season play for about half the game. The second half is filled with hopefuls trying to make the team. On Tuesday the 26th the team cuts down to 75 players from 90. After the following game Thursday (August 28th) they have the final cut to 53 players. On opening game day (September 4th) 46 players are active to play. :peace:

Get you picks in players! Tomorrow is game day! :luck:
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #25 made 9 years ago
Didn't realize that the Pack was playing tonight.. Love football but, preseason gets to me. Can't play the numbers whilst I don't know the players. Guess I'll have to be good enough to beat any tie breaker during the regular season !!

Return to “General Chit-Chat, Nonsense & Rambles”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 29 guests