How beer was first made ....

Post #1 made 10 years ago
OK this is a bit of a crazy post and something we were wondering in the office (instead of working - as you do !). I reckon maybe something happened like this......
A long time ago people used to heat grain to make something edible with it. The leftover water they used to drink by boiling it up and adding spices. One day the village idiot didn't do the washing up and left a pot of said brew out into the open for a long time. Next time he was feeling thirsty he remembered the cold brew left over so he had a sip, and then a bit more and then lots more until he was plastered and started acting very strangely to the other village folk. And that is how both beer was invented and the term "village idiot".
Cheers ! :thumbs:

Post #2 made 10 years ago
Wikipedia has a good article on the history of beer here.

I prefer yours though!
Last edited by mally on 06 Jun 2014, 16:22, edited 1 time in total.
G B
I spent lots of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered
I've stopped drinking, but only when I'm asleep
I ONCE gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Great Britain

Post #4 made 10 years ago
Ha ha. I'm sure we all have walked like that before ! That wiki page is interesting. Good to see they have a Goddess of Brewing. I wonder if she had a beer belly.

How beer was first made ....

Post #6 made 10 years ago
Thanks lumpy you inadvertently put me onto the beer hunter. Beer saved the world was really good too. 2 of my favourite things. Documentaries and beer all into 1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Gentleman, when I first started Reynholm Industries, I had just two things in my possession: a simple dream, and six million pounds.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Australia

Post #7 made 10 years ago
nosco wrote:Thanks lumpy you inadvertently put me onto the beer hunter. Beer saved the world was really good too. 2 of my favourite things. Documentaries and beer all into 1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No problem! I saw these links but haven't seen any of the videos yet.
Last edited by Lumpy5oh on 07 Jun 2014, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.
Some people are like slinkies. Not good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Weehoosebrewing.ga
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Canada

Return to “General Chit-Chat, Nonsense & Rambles”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 31 guests