Cheesestradamus - Football "Guessing" Comp!

Post #1 made 10 years ago
Lets all play some Cheesestradamus! :party:

All brewers are encouraged to join in the fun. You don't have to know anything about American Football to play. It's probably 80% luck anyway. You have as good a chance as anyone to win! Prizes are awarded to the winners! Last year we mailed prizes to 4 different Countries!

Cheesetradamus is easy to play. A few random questions about the next Green Bay Packers football game. You don't have to know anything about American football! All players guesses are visible for everyone to see. You can copy them, change them a bit and edit them anytime before the game.

Last year we had a great time razzing our fellow brewers and bragging about ourselves. :smoke: Tearing down the leader! :shoot: It's a good way to gain new friends and enjoy our growing brewing community! Since your into BIAB we know your smarter than most anyway! Join the madness. :argh: Do it now! Don't be late! :angry:

Where to Join and Who's Playing

http://cheesestradamus.com is the website. Check it out! Add it to your favorites! Once you've joined, let us know in this thread and I'll update this post with your name.

Adman1966
alymere
BobBrews
Joco
lylo
Mad_Scientist
mally
PistolPatch
Yeasty

Game Times - First Official Game is on September 8

Here is a link below to the date and time of each game. It's a printable .pdf file. Magnets for the refrigerator are your own responsibility!

:luck:
Last edited by BobBrews on 21 Jul 2013, 19:48, edited 2 times in total.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 2 Bourbon Barrel Porter
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Pipeline: Mulled Cider 10% ABV

http://cheesestradamus.com/ Brewers challenge!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #2 made 10 years ago
All signed up and ready to go Bob :party:. After playing last year, I feel as though I have exactly the same level of knowledge this year as back then - none :). This zero knowledge strategy worked well last year so I'm feeling lucky.

Packer Sack Opposing QB - wtf? Is that new?
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #3 made 10 years ago
PP,

The term "sack" was first coined by Deacon Jones in the 1960s, who felt that a sack devastated the offense in the same way that a city was devastated when it was sacked.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Look at the quick link!

http://youtu.be/6ygwJ1Qt2lI?t=25s

The guy who get's the ball to start a play is the QB or Quarter back! He is the leader of the team. If you bring him down to the ground before he throws the ball where the play started from (the scrimmage line) It's a sack!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarterback_sack

Sacks are good when you sack the other team. :love: Sacks are bad when they sack you!! :nup:
Last edited by BobBrews on 21 Jul 2013, 23:11, edited 2 times in total.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #5 made 10 years ago
Lylo wrote:Lylo is in and ready to defend his title!!
:champ: I will help you defend your title! :salute: How come you have the Packers getting "two" sacks and in the last question you have "Nobody Will" to be the first player to get one? I assume you forgot to pick someone? (Nobody will) is the default!

lylo 18 27 Jordy Nelson 2 85 110 22 15 175 Nobody Will

The preseason will be hard to pick anything right because they are trying to play all 90 "hopeful" players. They know what the established players can do so they will play the rookies mostly to see what they have before they cut down to 54? Also they will not be showing the game plan for the year upcoming. It's a dry run for the improvements I have made and will still make?

Good Luck Lylo! :luck:

P.S. I am going to crush you and break your spirit! I admire your willingness to take the abuse forthcoming. :smoke:
Last edited by BobBrews on 22 Jul 2013, 22:01, edited 2 times in total.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #6 made 10 years ago
Actually I was trying to get my hangers-on to follow my lead, as they tended to do last year, and then I will change my picks at the last moment! :evil: Shhh
AWOL

Post #7 made 10 years ago
Lylo,

You sneaky devil! :evil: I knew it! The season hasn't started yet and you are strategizing! Good for you! :smoke:
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #8 made 10 years ago
BobBrews wrote:
Lylo wrote:Lylo is in and ready to defend his title!!
:champ: I will help you defend your title!
See, collusion already :evil:. This is exactly what happened last year. Despite all the bribe money I sent Bob, he still accepted a last minute bribe from Lylo which resulted in the comp being stolen from me on the very last game :angry:.

You look out Lylo :shoot:. I have been saving all year and have heaps more bribe money for Bob than I did last year :party:.

Looks like mally is ready to go again :thumbs:. Yeasty should be right too but he is on holiday atm.

Who else is in? I actually thought you weren't allowed to post on BIABrewer unless you played Cheese? Is that not true?

:scratch: ;)
PP
Last edited by PistolPatch on 24 Jul 2013, 17:14, edited 2 times in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!

Post #9 made 10 years ago
ALL!!!

Bribes do work! I am still accepting bribes while planning to win it all anyway! Double win for me! I get to eat cake and not get fat(ter)! :smoke: I know that the pre-season will be 99% luck because the teams are trying out college players that will be washing cars or sacking groceries when the regular Season begins! But my intuition never fails me and I will still precisely pick all correct answers. (I may deliberately miss one or two as to not dishearten any new players?) :evil:

Winning "Cheese" will be another triumph for me. The other is being the best brewer on the forum! This is too easy! :smoke:
Last edited by BobBrews on 24 Jul 2013, 19:55, edited 3 times in total.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #11 made 10 years ago
PP,

The prize is not a Winnebago! The prize will be determined as to whatever "cheap-ass" trinkets are available when I am waiting in line to pay for my groceries. However, I will endeavor to get a beer related gift if it is possible. Mixing my two passions (Beer and American Football) will make my next few months fast and furious! :clap:
Last edited by BobBrews on 31 Jul 2013, 22:04, edited 2 times in total.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #13 made 10 years ago
Joco,

It's so easy to play. You don't have to know anything about it. Just guess the average and maybe look at some brilliant players (like myself :smoke: ) predictions to help you along. If American Football is on TV in Sweden once in a while, watch and learn?

Don't follow Mally's picks or Lylo's. They have "NO Chance" :pray: to win this year and will lead you astray! :nup: PistolPatch is clever but spends all his time on BIABacus and never researches anything. We help him make picks and he is still pitiful. :sneak:
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #14 made 10 years ago
Yeasty,

You are the only guy that I fear in Cheese! :shock: I may just copy your picks? You still will fall because with my combination of brilliant prognostication and boyish good looks no one can beat me at "Cheese"! I am simply the best!!!!

Notice!
The management of this forum is not responsible for outrages claims made on this website!

P.S. I see that you put in some interesting picks for the first pre-season (practice game). I trust that you will not change them so I may copy them?? Crafty Adversary! :evil:
Last edited by BobBrews on 03 Aug 2013, 02:44, edited 2 times in total.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #15 made 10 years ago
Joco wrote:Now I'm signed up as well.
Nice one Joco :thumbs:.

My only advice is, "Do not follow any of Bob's tipsy tips." :nup:

The no Winnebago thing is a little disappointing :sad:.
Last edited by PistolPatch on 03 Aug 2013, 20:42, edited 2 times in total.

Post #17 made 10 years ago
Yeasty wrote::argh: Bob, copy at your peril as they are the only picks I've made so far whilst sober :lol:
Sobriety is over rated! I feel sorry for people that don't drink! When they wake up in the morning that's as good as they will feel all day! :drink:

P.S. On a funnier note (not to my wife)

I had a slow drip on the Bourbon Fig beer tap the other day. While I was out cutting grass, the drip tray overflowed onto the rug! :nup: The rich, sweet and sticky beer soaked into the carpet! I darn near blew a gasket trying to suck the heavenly fluid from the rug. I wished I had vacuumed the carpet better because I had to keep stopping and spit stuff out! :headhit:
Last edited by BobBrews on 03 Aug 2013, 21:58, edited 2 times in total.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #18 made 10 years ago
All,

Remember that the contest starts this Friday. :thumbs: Please get you guesses in. Remember that this is the preseason and the scores you get don't count unless you are tied with someone in the finals. We need players to sign up to test out the new features I put in or (mistakes) I put in. Anyway, we need help and this is a fun contest within our group. You don't have to know anything about football as PP has proven! HUGH prizes are mailed out at the end of the contest so why not try? :?:
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #19 made 10 years ago
Bloody hell Bob, is Joco the only new member this year to man up to Cheese?

Write to BIABrewer and see if they can make a new category for Cheesers :). I'll then promise to only write really long answers to Cheesers or Enthusiasts from now on.

Hold on :scratch:. Or, do you want me to promise to only write really short answers to Cheesers and Enthusiasts :think:.

Whatever you think is best Bob :interesting:,
PP

Post #20 made 10 years ago
PP, :shoot:

Pat, I would just like you to make your picks! That would be nice for a start! The preseason or practice games are just being used to test out the system for the changes I made. I will use them for a tie breakers if needed. But the main reason is to test out my changes. I will hopefully send out a news letter to all email address I have if I can get that part working today? :scratch: Edit: I got a crude newsletter out but not all addresses worked?

Your long answers are always informative and needed. Short answers are a indication that you don't care. Long answers show you are sincere about conveying thought. As I get older I prefer short answers because I will forget everything anyway so why not just use my time drinking beer? :drink: :drink:
Last edited by BobBrews on 06 Aug 2013, 22:08, edited 2 times in total.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #21 made 10 years ago
Bob, as you know from the impotence thread, I have made my picks :drink:.

Apparently the first game is on the ninth (that's today) and at 7pm (that's now here in Perth). I have turned on my telly but there is nothing :nup:. I am hoping to change my picks after the game has played here in Perth but before it plays in America. Why didn't I think of doing this last season?

Have only had time for one post on BIABrewer in the last 48 hours and this is it! My posting here shows you I am truly dedicated to Cheese. Please give me 5 bonus points.

Make sure you PM Lambert and tell him to play. He'd have fun with this I reckon.

:peace:
PP
Last edited by PistolPatch on 09 Aug 2013, 19:11, edited 2 times in total.

Post #22 made 10 years ago
PP The NFl is a tricky association.You have to treat it the samw as Bob and his American pals.Get a whole lot of beer and snacks close to your favourite chair,( pee bottle is always handy too, then stare blankly at the screen for however long it takes, this could be up to 13 hrs, once the game starts pass out and check the internet in the morning for scores.
So Pat sit yer ass down,get drunk and wait, it'll come.
AWOL

Post #23 made 10 years ago
PP, :shoot:

Your brilliance is without measure! Think about the money we could make on the stock market and sports betting!!! I wonder why no one has ever thought of that before? Maybe that would be too easy and we would get bored? Of course if you need money? Maybe you should sell some of the "beer gadgets" that you have gathering dust? :sneak:

Tonight (for me) the Green Bay Packers will play their first preseason or (practice) game against another team. No more playing against your teammates worrying about hurting them and getting kicked off the team. Now they can worry about if they will be working in a car wash next week? 90 players will be cut down to a precious (and rich) few. 43 are needed for the actual games during the regular season!

The preseason (4 games) is sloppy and mistake filled. But finding diamonds in the rough is what the teams are doing. New players are cheap to sign. Established veterans are expensive to keep.

Money Money Money :dunno:

:luck: :luck: :luck:
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #24 made 10 years ago
Lylo,

You know us pretty well. :think: I do plunk my ass in front of the TV on Sunday for 12 hours (the holy day in football). I however plunk my ass down for Monday Night football and Thursday Night football also. I am flexible. I must admit to spending 3 hours each day reading about the previous days games so that I can continue to be in the Cheesestradamus hierarchy. After all, I ranked in 28th place.

I was only beaten by PistolPatch, Lylo, 3 of my daughters, a grandson, two son in-laws, a son in-laws father, my sister, two guys from the UK and players that never saw a American football game! I did squeak past yeasty by two points! Way to go yeasty! Mally only played for half the season and would have beaten me also if he had started with us? Other than that I am a football GURU! quite impressive! :lol: :lol:

Tonight I will rule the Cheese world! Sit back and watch the magic! :pray:

http://cheesestradamus.com/cheese_king_ ... s.grandtot
Last edited by BobBrews on 10 Aug 2013, 02:03, edited 2 times in total.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Edited this post to include 'alymere'

Post #25 made 10 years ago
Lets see now! The Packers played their rookies and they stunk. Packers 0 the Cardinals 17

Joco was this weeks winner with 9 :champ:
Yeasty and alymere were second with 5 :clap:
BobBrews was next with 1 point :think:

Mally, Lylo and Pistol Patch tied for last with 0 :idiot:

Listen guys. This is just practice for the players and for us. The program seemed to work but I haven't checked it all yet? I will be nodding off to sleep soon but I did get to rest during the game. The Packer kids did nothing. It was boring and slow once the regulars came out after a dozen plays. I bet there will be some new car wash employees and baggers at the grocery store tomorrow?

Since the regulars came out almost immediately the picking was pure luck and it is depressing. But you all helped test out my changes and I appreciate that! :clap:

Next week will be better! Good luck!
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Return to “General Chit-Chat, Nonsense & Rambles”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 19 guests