Keeping in tip top shape?

Post #1 made 11 years ago
Righto, you blokes are clearly an ingenious bunch so maybe you can help a fellow out.

This brewing business is all good and well but since honing my skills as a brewer something strange has begun to happen. My clothes seem to be shrinking?! Now I've checked with err indoors that nothing has changed in laundry department and she suggested that there could be a link between the increased amounts of ale that that I've been supping (for test purposes) and my ever so slightly growing waistline.

So how do you guys manage to keep those extra pounds at bay? I'm just back from a 5k run and am thinking you guys must have a solution?

Regards
BBM

Post #3 made 11 years ago
BrewBagMan wrote:Righto, you blokes are clearly an ingenious bunch so maybe you can help a fellow out.

So how do you guys manage to keep those extra pounds at bay? I'm just back from a 5k run and am thinking you guys must have a solution?

BBM
Keep Running! :clap:

Actually I gave up eating! I just drink! I call it "BeerFast". Last year I lost 18 pounds in 14 days! It wasn't as hard as I thought? I don't believe in exercise. I think being fit is just a trick to sell us exercise equipment! After all, did any of our ancient ancestors use exercise equipment? No! See the scam! Staying fit it over rated. Drink beer and lose the food. :roll:
Last edited by BobBrews on 26 Feb 2013, 21:12, edited 2 times in total.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 2 Bourbon Barrel Porter
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Pipeline: Mulled Cider 10% ABV

http://cheesestradamus.com/ Brewers challenge!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #5 made 11 years ago
BrewBagMan wrote:she suggested that there could be a link between the increased amounts of ale that that I've been supping (for test purposes) and my ever so slightly growing waistline.
My wife said the same over the weekend :o I have since filed for divorce and I will be losing 140LB of ugly fat in a couple of months, I will also be losing the house, both cars, 50% of the business, most of my pension, one of the dogs, and access to the kids. :lol: :lol: :sneak: Sad I know but its the deal I had to strike to keep all my brew gear.. :thumbs:
Last edited by Yeasty on 27 Feb 2013, 01:29, edited 2 times in total.
Why is everyone talking about "Cheese"
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From Great Britain

Post #6 made 11 years ago
That's enough to drive a person to drink Yeasty, good thing you hung on to the gear. I think you did quite well there considering how it could have turned out. Don't be too down on yourself. You must have had a good lawyer.

I drink my share of ale but maintain a healthy weight by not eating flour and sugar. It really works. Try it and you'll rapidly lose weight and feel great too. Those two "high glycemic" foods are instantly converted to fat and then you feel hungry again right away, and they make you feel terrible too, with the swings between high and low blood sugar they cause.

Try it for 2 weeks and report back S.V.P.
Guinges

Post #7 made 11 years ago
I used to worry about 'getting into shape', but then I realized - round *IS* a shape!

I've been much happier since...
The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can't always be sure of their authenticity.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From United States of America

Post #8 made 11 years ago
I was thinking of incorporating a squat routine in my next bottling session. Failing that I'm 'beer fasting' it.

In all seriousness though I've been trying keep beer appreciation strictly to the weekend. But these full beer bottles keep piling on up :)

Post #9 made 11 years ago
I've just got back from a 5K run :angry: I didn't intend to go running but my wife saw my last post and didn't think it was funny :argh:. She came along as well and she really enjoyed the experience, mind you she was in the car chasing me.

Careful what you post guys, someone is always watching, oh and don't leave the computer logged onto BBinfo where your wife can see it :idiot:

GR, No flour or sugar :think: what do you do when you fancy a "Sugar Butty"

:salute:
Why is everyone talking about "Cheese"
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From Great Britain

Post #10 made 11 years ago
I asked my wife (always good advice Yeasty), she’s Canadian and she said “what does he mean Sugar Butty?" :lol:

It’s that international thing. Only an Englishman knows that a butty is a sandwich, and not a big but from eating sugar.
Guinges

Post #11 made 11 years ago
A 'Butty' is common speak for what posh folk call a sandwich. Actually Yeasty I've never had anyone outside of Bolton understand what a Butty is. Mmmm what I'd give for a chip butty with pea wet :)

Return to “General Chit-Chat, Nonsense & Rambles”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 37 guests