Maxi BIAB#4 Summer Lightning

Post #1 made 11 years ago
Will be trying this one out this weekend using my usual method.

I'm also going to try hopbursting this recipe rather than following the traditional method.
I'll start adding hops with only 20 minutes left on the boil which should produce a more rounded bitterness, loads of hop flavour and aroma.
(So I'm told).

Also means it doesn't affect any timings hugely when I stick the immersion cooler in have to bring it back to the boil.

So far I've had high and low effiency from the same batch of grain so I'm going for the middle at 75%.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post #2 made 11 years ago
Hop busting, Interesting Idea. The exact opposite of FWH. Did I say Interesting.....
Honest Officer, I swear to Drunk, I am Not God.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #3 made 11 years ago
Looks good, I might try it myself as I'm looking for a Pale ale to do as a quicky before Christmas.

One thing on this version is that the Hop Calcs use an average of the boil gravity. I think PP has stated that this is not correct and the EOBG should be used (1.045 in your case). I'll PM PP and ask him to clarify (in less than ten words :lol: )

:salute:

Yeasty
Why is everyone talking about "Cheese"
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From Great Britain

Post #4 made 11 years ago
I think Hop Bursting may not be a good name.....How about Last-Wort-Hopping (LWH)????
Honest Officer, I swear to Drunk, I am Not God.

Post #5 made 11 years ago
Jamil Zainasheff is a long time advocate of hop bursting.Check out his comments in the archives of The Brewing Network,from July of 05.
I have used it on some APA's and was happy with the results and will continue with the method on occasion.
AWOL

Post #6 made 11 years ago
Yeasty wrote:One thing on this version is that the Hop Calcs use an average of the boil gravity. I think PP has stated that this is not correct and the EOBG should be used (1.045 in your case). I'll PM PP and ask him to clarify (in less than ten words :lol: )
:lol:.

Yep, the current version of The Calculator was a compromise made to have the results match more closely some major programs which give higher IBU estimates due to incorrect applications of Tinseth. Since then we have learned that the original calculator was actually correct and the BIABacus will be using that formula again. It doesn't make a huge difference but, for now, if you want, just change cell F5 on the Hop Bill sheet so that it matches G5. Hop formulas eh :smoke:.
Last edited by PistolPatch on 01 Dec 2012, 18:46, edited 2 times in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #7 made 11 years ago
Lylo,
Jamil Zainasheff is a long time advocate of hop bursting.Check out his comments in the archives of The Brewing Network,from July of 05.
The archives go back to 2006?
http://thebrewingnetwork.com/shows/The- ... ow/Page-17

Am I at the wrong place?
Last edited by BobBrews on 01 Dec 2012, 22:33, edited 2 times in total.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 2 Bourbon Barrel Porter
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Pipeline: Mulled Cider 10% ABV

http://cheesestradamus.com/ Brewers challenge!

Return to “Full-Volume Variations - FVV (diluting and/or sparging)”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 29 guests