Grain Guide

Post #1 made 14 years ago
This handy grain guide from The Beverage People gives a good overview of the names and functions of various brewing grains (malts).

If you know of any other good quality guides, please let us know here and we will add them to this post.

Cheers,
BIABrewer
Last edited by BIABrewer on 22 Feb 2010, 19:38, edited 35 times in total.

Post #4 made 11 years ago
Oh joshua!

You are truly the link King :thumbs:.

I've only just had a glance at that link and won't have time to study it tonight (very late here) but that one glance tells me that it's probably the best I have ever seen.

The best hop site I've ever seen was also one that you gave us.

I doubt most brewers would realise how hard it is to find such quality. Wish there was an icon here that said, "I take my hat off to you."

:salute: :champ: :thumbs: :drink:
PP
Last edited by PistolPatch on 14 Jan 2013, 01:10, edited 35 times in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #5 made 11 years ago
No Worries, PP, this what I do, learn everything about Nothing, it is difficult. Ha Ha!
Honest Officer, I swear to Drunk, I am Not God.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #6 made 11 years ago
It does look great. Would it be an idea to have a thread somewhere (useful links) to keep these links tidy. Details of information provided in the link and the link itself. I'm worried I won't be able to find this again when I need it.

Joshua, would you have the time and the inclination to do that from your previous posts and also if someone posts a link that you thought was useful, you could add it, or people could add their own links when they find a good one. It would be a tremendous resource. If I go off googling for something it can take hours and hours to find what I need, and the many poor links I find are a waste of a lot of time to read.

Thanks
Guinges

Post #7 made 11 years ago
Guinges, This is the topic for Grains, If you would like to download a HOP Union Catalog check the topic
http://biabrewer.info/viewforum.php?f=88" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and see the last downloadable Hop catalog.
http://www.hopunion.com/assets/file/Var ... %20(2).pdf While it lasts!!!
Last edited by joshua on 14 Jan 2013, 03:52, edited 35 times in total.
Honest Officer, I swear to Drunk, I am Not God.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Return to “Grains (Malts), Extracts, Sugars and Adjuncts”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 9 guests