Wheat beer with Pale Ale

Post #1 made 7 years ago
Hi guys, 

I want to make a wheat beer for my third brewing. I have done two pale ale smash beer and everything has been all right. First one, Magnum 44, I have already tried and it is really nice. The second one is still in the fermentor. 

So, I adjunct the biabacus spreadsheet of my third recipe. I have found some similar one in a Spanish forum, and I have adapted it to biabacus (I love this tool!!!). 
What do you think, expert brewers, of it? Would it be adequately? 
Thank you very much for your opinions. 
Bye

Juan Angel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
    • SVA Brewer With Under 5 Brews From Spain

Re: Wheat beer with Pale Ale

Post #2 made 7 years ago
Hi Juaollo,
Fist off if, I'll state the obvious - you could use a slightly bigger pot then you would not have to make full volume variations.  But with that said, I have also done this with success.  There is some good info on the site that discusses trade-offs in do so (if you haven't read them already).
With regard to malt - I do not think you need the Crystal Malt - good wheat beer can be made with just wheat or wheat and pilsner malt splits.  Not saying you can't use the crystal - beauty of home brewing is making beer with the ingredients you want.  Keep that in mind when getting input - its your brew and should be what you want or what you are going after in flavor.
Mash temperature looks fine and so does the hops / IBU level for this type. OG in style range.
Good brewing to you - let us know how it goes.
Pete
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From United States of America

Return to “BIAB Recipes”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 14 guests