Post #2 made 10 years ago
I don't see why not, but... It would have to be able to safely support the weight of your pot + grain + water etc. Could be close to 40kg depending on what size batch you are making.

Also, depending on what type of BBQ you mean, it might be quite inefficient with gas. As in, a round burner would fit a round pot nicely, but the long burners will not. Plus, they may not be at the most efficient height for heating a vessel placed on top of a grill for example.

It would be "Aussie as".

Just my opinion :think:
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From Australia

Post #3 made 10 years ago
Jarvo,

Interesting question, but I think that you would have some problems (I'm assuming that its gas fired). The primary issue i think will be that it will take a LOOOOOONG time to get the pot to boil (if it can) and keeping it boiling for 60-90 min will take a ton of gas. The flame is pretty far away from the pot.

I really like to keep additional equipment to a minimum and save money, but I don't think that the BBQ is the best way to get there.

trout
"All I know is that the beer is good and people clamor for it. OK, it's free and that has something to do with it."
Bobbrews
    • BME Brewer With Over 5 Brews From United States of America

Post #4 made 10 years ago
2trout wrote:Jarvo,

Interesting question, but I think that you would have some problems (I'm assuming that its gas fired). The primary issue i think will be that it will take a LOOOOOONG time to get the pot to boil (if it can) and keeping it boiling for 60-90 min will take a ton of gas. The flame is pretty far away from the pot.

I really like to keep additional equipment to a minimum and save money, but I don't think that the BBQ is the best way to get there.

trout
Thanks for the reply, it was just a thought lol.
Last edited by jarvo_325 on 15 Nov 2013, 05:55, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Gas-Fired BIAB”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 19 guests