Stuff it... I bought a Thermapen!

Post #1 made 9 years ago
After standing there for about half a minute each time I want to use my existing crap thermometer and once overshooting my temp while the heat was on and I was waiting for the thermometer to catch up, I thought stuff it, logged onto fleabay and bought a thermapen. I'm massively into cooking anyway, including roasts and BBQs, so it will come in handy often. :clap:

I had to hold that stupid thing (my old thermometer) carefully too so it would actually stay on..

HELLO four second readings!! And more accurate than my Mum's death stare! :party:

My wife is angry at me, but she loves beer so she will forgive me very quickly, or have to resort to buying her own megaswill :lol:

p.s. http://www.amazingribs.com for great BBQ recipes and tips. :thumbs:
For the price of a coffee you can support this site and the wealth of info shared on this site.

Post #2 made 9 years ago
I'm not sure how anyone who BBQs AND brews could live without one. I've got two and I could probably use one more. So great....

Post #3 made 9 years ago
Rigging65 wrote:I'm not sure how anyone who BBQs AND brews could live without one. I've got two and I could probably use one more. So great....
But you've only got two hands? :lol: ;)
Last edited by nicko on 25 Nov 2014, 09:40, edited 1 time in total.
For the price of a coffee you can support this site and the wealth of info shared on this site.

Post #6 made 9 years ago
Was it brand new? I have seen reconditioned ones going pretty cheap on ebay and have heard good things about them on AHB.
"Gentleman, when I first started Reynholm Industries, I had just two things in my possession: a simple dream, and six million pounds.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Australia

Post #8 made 9 years ago
Oops listing ended but they have been relisted alot if you keep an eye out.
"Gentleman, when I first started Reynholm Industries, I had just two things in my possession: a simple dream, and six million pounds.

Post #9 made 9 years ago
nosco wrote:$65.60 free delivery.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 07&alt=web
Yep it ended 'cause I bought it! The refurbished ones were a much better price. :champ:
Last edited by nicko on 25 Nov 2014, 15:23, edited 1 time in total.

Post #10 made 9 years ago
Lol. I'll take that as an endorsement. I might be able to afford one day :(

Post #11 made 9 years ago
nosco wrote:Lol. I'll take that as an endorsement. I might be able to afford one day :(
I've only heard good things but I'll make sure I give some updates after next brew day..
Last edited by nicko on 25 Nov 2014, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.

Post #12 made 9 years ago
Well it arrived today gents (insert loud applause and cheering), f*ck Santa and f*ck Christmas, my Christmas arrived early as I opened up the parcel. Well it's awesome, I'd say within three seconds it has an accurate read which is just awesome. I might have to build a shrine with my thermapen on top and visitors will have to bow to it on the way through the door, I'm not sure yet.

Brewing soon(ish), will give an update but I already love it and can't wait to roast a chook too!!

Post #13 made 9 years ago
Sounds like you where smart to buy it when you did. Havnt seen at that price for a while. Congrats!

Post #15 made 9 years ago
Brewing with it today and I love it, the three second reads are fantastic. If you can afford one I can't recommend it enough.

Post #17 made 9 years ago
monkeyman wrote:Congrats on the new toy. I've had mine for about 6 years and I couldn't imagine brewing or cooking without it. Fast and reliable.
Thanks mate!
Last edited by nicko on 14 Dec 2014, 14:11, edited 1 time in total.

Post #18 made 9 years ago
Thermopen on....Ebay.....$99AU.....cant afford it.....must...not buy......AAARRRGGGGG!

Its in Melbourne too so quick postage. Dam it!
Last edited by nosco on 03 Jan 2015, 22:00, edited 1 time in total.

Post #19 made 9 years ago
nosco wrote:Thermopen on....Ebay.....$99AU.....cant afford it.....must...not buy......AAARRRGGGGG!

Its in Melbourne too so quick postage. Dam it!
Oh that's a good price!
Last edited by nicko on 03 Jan 2015, 22:57, edited 1 time in total.

Post #20 made 9 years ago
Dont try and talk me into it nicko.....yes it is a good price and theres 3 of them 3 colours. Do they look legit? (Trying to talk myself out of it)

Post #21 made 9 years ago
I need a thermopen! I tried to brew today and 3 of my cheap digital themometers died. I was left with 2 of my most unreliable thermometers.
Some people are like slinkies. Not good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Weehoosebrewing.ga
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Canada

Post #23 made 9 years ago
After looking around $99 isnt that good.

Stuff it... I bought a Thermapen!

Post #25 made 9 years ago
Finally ordered a thermapen. My last brew was lacking in acurate/quick temp readings. plus it was cheap

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/371301661764

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/291426972118

I got the moustache one :mrgreen:
Last edited by nosco on 11 Apr 2015, 10:58, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bags, Mashers, Thermometers, Kettles etc.”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 18 guests