Post #176 made 13 years ago
Replaced the "Styles" tab with a modified version of ianh's

had to remove the comments as they add 500KB!

Got the Styles information to display correctly on the first tab

Fixed the recipe notes block
Maxi-BIAB Calculator Jul11 - stux4.xls
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by stux on 11 Jul 2011, 15:12, edited 5 times in total.
Fermenting: -
Cubed: -
Stirplate: -
On Tap: NS Summer Ale III (WY1272), Landlord III (WY1469), Fighter's 70/- II (WY1272), Roast Porter (WY1028), Cider, Soda
Next: Munich Helles III

5/7/12

Post #177 made 13 years ago
As was discussed previously, its in our best interests to match BeerSmith 2's calculations

As such, I've gone ahead and had a fiddle switching everything around to be driven by the Into Fermenter value, and then re-defined the fermenter and kettle loss percentages relative to the fermenter and kettle volumes, but so as to generate the same values as are present in the BeerSmith 2 13Gal/50L BIAB profile.

I then tweaked the Absorbtion and Displacement values to match BS2s, and ended up where we are within a few mL of the BS2 numbers.
BS2 NewBatch.png
BC2 NewBatch.png
I'm not looking forward to having to check everything to make sure everything is still working right ;)

Firstly

Batch Size (BS2) = Volume Into Fermenter (BC2) = 23L
Bottling/Fermentation Loss (BS2) = Fermenter Trub (BC2) = 1.7L = 7.4%
Est Bottling Vol (BS2) = Volume into Kegs/Bottles (BC2) = 21.3L
Brewhouse Efficiency (BS2) = Efficiency Into Fermenter (BC2) = 70% or 69.98%

Post Boil Vol (BS2) = End Of Boil Volume Hot (BC2) = 27.89L
Cooling Loss (BS2) = Cooling Loss (BC2) = 1.12L
Trub Loss (BS2) = Kettle & Trub Buffer (BC2) = 3.82L = 16.6%
Boil Off (BS2) = Evaporation For This Brew (BC2) = 8.07L
Est Pre Boil Vol (BS2) = Start of Boil Volume Hot (BC2) = 35.96L
Est Mash Eff (BS2) = Efficiency into Kettle (BC2) = 81.6%

Tot Mash Water (BS2) = Water Required at Ambient (BC2) = 39.04L or 39.03L
Mash Volume Needed (BS2) = Estimated/Actual Mash Volume (BC2) = 42.32L or 42.31L
Grain Absorption (BS2) = Total Grain Absorption (BC2) = 3.07L or 3.08L

And finally, I can't get BS2 to match our grain bill of 5.031KG because it refuses to use the 3rd decimal place ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by stux on 11 Jul 2011, 16:26, edited 5 times in total.
On Tap: NS Summer Ale III (WY1272), Landlord III (WY1469), Fighter's 70/- II (WY1272), Roast Porter (WY1028), Cider, Soda

5/7/12

Post #178 made 13 years ago
If you're interested, here's the sheet with the BS2 matching mods

(probably buggy)
Maxi-BIAB Calculator Jul11 - stux bs2.xls
Last edited by stux on 11 Jul 2011, 16:28, edited 5 times in total.

5/7/12

Post #179 made 13 years ago
[quote="stux"]
The Evap correction factor has a strong correlation to the surface area of the pot, but it depends on vigour of boil, and even atmospheric conditions, so it needs a compensator. For the puposes of a general user calculator we need to be able to derive the evaporation from their equipment parameters rather than a fixed value
[quote]

So they should check their boil and come up with a litres per hour value. To me this is just adding another factor and I think it is an unnecessary complication. To me it should be a litre/hour evaporation factor rather than based on pot size as I said in a previous post.

If I have a 40 cm pot and use an 1800 watt element I will get an evaporation rate say x, if I use the same pot and use a 3600 watt element I will get a totally different evaporation rate and if I use 4800 watts it will be totally different again. It depends on how much energy you put into the boil rather than the pot size. If I use gas depending on the burner you will get totally different results.

my 2 c

Ian

Post #180 made 13 years ago
My understanding is that the evaporation is dependant on the temperature of the liquid and the surface area

The evaporation takes away heat from the liquid, thus requiring heat to be re-applied to maintian the same temperature and thus rate of evaporation

The larger the diameter of your pot, the larger the surface area, the more heat you need to apply to maintain the evaporation rate, but the rate is actually dependant on the surface area, not the heat applied

But the real problem is we need a way to scale an empiracal evaporation constant when a new user enters their equipment parameters, assuming they've never done a brew.

We get that from the diameter

Yes, after their first brew, they will have a better number for L/Hr evaporation, and they could use this instead of the derived value, but with the History feature, the calculator is now calculating the correction factor for them, which if applied will modify the basic calculation to get the same litres/hr as they experimentally obtained

Not ideal, perhaps circuitous, but I'm not sure of a better way to do it without fixing the L/Hr. Perhaps we could make an override, instead of the correction factor...

One of the main things I'm trying to do is make it so that cell formulas don't need to be erased to modify the calculation parameters

Another solution in the past has been to use a boil-off percentage, but this doesn't account for different sized batches, or durations of boil

5/7/12

Post #181 made 13 years ago
I've renamed a bunch of Vs_Blah_Blah_X fields so that they're clearer

For example

Vs_Mash_Volume_V_X is now Vs_Mash_Volume_Total_L
Maxi-BIAB Calculator Jul11 - stux5.xls
Last edited by stux on 11 Jul 2011, 17:47, edited 5 times in total.

5/7/12

Post #182 made 13 years ago
stux wrote:My understanding is that the evaporation is dependant on the temperature of the liquid and the surface area
Or not

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=144039" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think what I said applies below boiling point, but above boiling point, the vapour is forming in the liquid, not on the surface...

Sigh

Still, the problem is how to come up with a suitable figure for The New BIABer

I think the current formula works if they maintain a 'standard' rolling boil. Of course, what's standard?
Last edited by stux on 11 Jul 2011, 17:57, edited 5 times in total.

5/7/12

Post #183 made 13 years ago
Hi ya guys,

I think working together here has been excellent and some great stuff has been achieved but there is still a long way to go. Unfortunately, this project, needs a project manager that...

1 Has an overall picture of what needs to be achieved for the calculator to marry into the rest of the site.
2. Is prepared to pull apart the calculator, many, many, times, with as few breakages as possible just to try new things. (And then fix those breakages, which is actually the easiest bit.)
3. Is prepared to do the drudgery of, for example, re-writing 'field names' so as all can understand them and make these available to all.
4. Respond to feedback etc quickly and thoroughly.
5. Will be writing the accompanying information guides.
6. Will be re-writing the site.
7. Will ensure that at least two admin members know how to repair the Calculator.

I think the only idiot that can, and is prepared to do this is me. I sometimes don't have to work, like today, and sometimes I do 20 hours straight on things like this. Today, I have re laid out the calculator possibly, 10 times or more. I have also done all the things that I see have been mentioned above with the exception of changing some of the factors (because I can't find where they are!). So now the calculator has a more form-like look and the only values that can be entered in the lower section are Actuals. Colours have been reduced to two on the latest version. Ingredients are now all on one page. Many columns have had to be added on pages and re-sized, just to make the layout work. For example, the old A column now consists of three columns but with most fields merged and remaining the same. I have probably pressed the 'Format cells' button 10,000 times today :lol:. But, there is still much tedium to be done until a light bulb comes on and says, "It's starting to look right."

Marrying the calculator to the Maxi-BIAB section will be a 'walk in the park' compared to everything else. But, until someone is prepared to lay out those tabs properly, the price of constant co-ordination is too high.

Writing in a thread, explaining every change also chews up valuable hours. If a team is to work on the actual sheet expediently, they must be able to be communicate well, a few times a day at least and often by Skype. Not many people are prepared to do this.

Fixing things that are broken etc is very little work compared to laying out the format. So, I hope to see work on the Maxi-BIAB layout start soon. I will continue to keep an eye on here and ensure the numbers agree if I haven't already made the changes myself.

I'll occasionally email anyone who is interested, including stux, the spreadsheet as certain stages are brought to a satisfactory standard and I'll be asking for help as well on many aspects.

Anyway, I'm going to get back into it :argh:,
Pat
Are you a "Goodwill Brewer?" Pay forward and Buy Some BIPs ;)

Post #184 made 13 years ago
Pat wrote: 3. Is prepared to do the drudgery of, for example, re-writing 'field names' so as all can understand them and make these available to all.
I suggest keeping a mapping between old and new names so that people working on formulas will be able to understand and use the new names. I also suggest maintaining this information on a new sheet in the workbook while it is under development so the mapping gets released with new versions. When the final version is released to the public, this sheet can be deleted.

I'd be happy to keep looking at and verifying versions of BIAB and Maxi-BIAB. Skype and 20-hour days are beyond the level of commitment I can agree to, though! :o
Last edited by smyrnaquince on 11 Jul 2011, 20:33, edited 5 times in total.

Post #185 made 13 years ago
smyrnaquince wrote:Skype and 20-hour days are beyond the level of commitment I can agree to, though! :o
Well, that counts you out :lol:

No, smyrma, you are defintiely on the list. Your feedback here has been fast and of high quality :salute:.

Mapping is a good idea and I'll start doing this. "Named" fields are being changed so they match the 'text' labels as much as possible and will read as 'naturally' as possible. Using the 'Name Manager' means field names can be changed and reflected through all formulas quite quickly. This is why 'marrying' the two sheets later on is quite simple and not an issue.

Thanks again,
Pat
Last edited by Pat on 11 Jul 2011, 21:15, edited 5 times in total.

Post #186 made 13 years ago
Maxi-BIAB Calculator Jul11 - stux5.xls
I like the Recipe Details section at the top of the spreadsheet.

I ran my usual comparison of my last version (Maxi-BIAB Calculator Jul08(1).xls) against the newest version. My comments:
  • I'm not sure if I like the immediate prompt asking if I want to reset to default values--I don't like being asked if I want to change something I haven't even seen yet. I would like to have a button that gives me the option to do this after I have been working on the file, instead (or in addition).
  • I let the spreadsheet reset to defaults, then changed several light green values, saved the sheet, and closed it. When I opened it again, I was *not* prompted to reset to defaults, so I think something is broken.
  • Cell G12, which holds the Style OG, is not wide enough to fully display the OG range, e.g., "1.046 - 1.060".
  • Temperatures do not convert from C to F in "Primary Temp & Time" and "Secondary Temp & Time"
  • The calculations using "Pot Diameter" and "Pot Height" to produce "Pot Volume" do not take inches and inches to yield gallons.
  • Boil Time in E14 and Boil Length in B38 are not connected. In general, I dislike two places holding the same information because the can easily get out of sync. I suggest having one field or the other, but not both. If you really want both, one field should be locked and simply be a copy of the other one.
  • If I set Pot Diameter in B14, then Diameter of Kettle in B39 auto-updates. Good! However, B39 needs to be locked somehow. If I change B39 instead of B14, then the link is broken and I can enter conflicting information.
  • "Pot Diameter" B13 and "Diameter of Kettle" A39: need to pick one term or the other and make these the same term. Two different names for the same quantity leads to confusion.
  • If I set Your OG in G13, then"End of Boil Gravity (OG) in B31 auto-updates. Good! However, B31 needs to be locked somehow. If I change B31 instead of G13, then the link is broken and I can enter conflicting information.
  • "Your OG" F13 and "End of Boil Gravity (OG)" A31: need to pick one term or the other and make these the same term. Two different names for the same quantity leads to confusion.
  • Maybe this change was made to match BeerSmith2, I don't know, but now I set "Volume into Fermenter" and the spreadsheet calculates "Volume into Kegs/Bottles". It used to be the other way around. What I care about is "Volume into Kegs/Bottles" because I know how much beer I want to end up with. I strongly prefer setting "Volume into Kegs/Bottles" and and letting all the other volumes calculate.
  • Default value of Fermenter Trub Percentage seems to have changed, or maybe what I had previously was just whatever was plugged into the recipe I was using. I am setting this to match what I had before so I can compare the calculations. However, what I would really like to do now is to save a second copy of this recipe and punch the "Reset to Defaults" button and save that version, as well. Then I can use that version to compare to future releases. I'd really like to see a separate "Reset to Defaults" button.
  • Grain Absorption default value changed. Again, I'd like to see a stable set of default values. It would really help me when I am verifying new versions of the spreadsheet.
  • B17 is "No."; I suggest "Quantity" instead. It is a bit clearer.
Now, the one that bothers me the most. I made all the user-settable entries match between the two versions. However, the calculations do not match. The "Efficiency into Fermenter" differs, as do some other quantities, including all the volumes that get calculated. (I set "Volume into Fermenter" to match what was calculated for this quantity in the old spreadsheet.)

I'm not sure where to go from here. Do I just accept the newest calculations (formulas) as ground truth because some calculations have changed, or is there an error that needs to be found and fixed?
Last edited by smyrnaquince on 11 Jul 2011, 21:34, edited 5 times in total.

Post #187 made 13 years ago
In this sheet I pretty much switched everything around

The fermenter and kettle loss percentages are now relative to the fermenter and kettle volumes, rather than the packaged volume,

This actually makes more sense, but it means that the %ges are different

The grain absorbtion value (.611etc) is the same value that beersmith uses rather than the previous value of .628

The malt displacement value is .652 instead of .66 or .70

The cooling factor is 4% instead of 4.45%

And the "Reset to Defaults" question is only asked when you open a sheet that someone else last saved... if this is a nasty behaviour its easy to disable... I didn't know where to add the "Reset to Defaults" button. There is a Macro called "Reset_for_distribution" which can be used to reset the defaults

If I find some time tomorrow I'll look at fixing up the other issues you found

I've been thinking about how to handle the Pot Diameter/Height/Volume etc details, the evaporation factors, locking cells etc...

Hope to find some time tomorrow to give it a try

5/7/12

Post #188 made 13 years ago
Stux,

OK. I'll assume the new (default) values are the correct ones and go from there.

A "Reset to Defaults" button could go in Cell A17 (trying to avoid creating a new row just for this button).

If you disagree about having the user enter the "Volume into Kegs/Bottles", I'd like to hear the reasons. I am not an experienced brewer, so I think in terms of beer I want to bottle and not in terms of volume into the fermenter knowing that I will have to allow for loss due to trub.

I know that color choice is contentious, but:
  • The grey cells in the Actuals on the BIAB Calculator sheet threw me. Elsewhere, we use some shade of green for user input, so it wasn't clear that grey meant "enter a value" instead of "this cell is locked"
  • Likewise, why are the fill-in cells on the grain bill and hops bill pages grey? I thought green meant user input.
  • Why are B78-B81 in bright green on the BIAB Calculator sheet? These are calculated, not user input.
Note that neither the bright green nor the grey appear in the color key in Rows 6 & 7.
Last edited by smyrnaquince on 11 Jul 2011, 23:13, edited 5 times in total.

Post #189 made 13 years ago
[center][The download provided here is not for comment on forum. PM me if you find comments necessary or wish to contribute.][/center]Hi there Guys,

A lot of things being discussed here today have been considered in great detail over the last five or six years by BIABrewer and resolved/explained by one of its personas on various forums. BIABrewer has also collected figures from several brewers but we need a lot more. This is one reason why some cells were added to the calculator that have no or little 'spreadsheet' value. Eventually, the calculator will have the ability for brewers to choose to submit their actuals. This means we will eventually be able to collect thousands of brew figures to more accurately provide default values or better options to the new all-grainer/BIABrewer.

This is all part of the bigger picture and it is going to take a massive amount of work.

The great thing about an international forum is that projects like this can be massively acelerated. For example, today, I did what I did but then I was able to skype Sigurdur who then fixed and simultaneously educated me on things I was desperate to find answers to. I think I might have stolen three hours of his day and I apologised many times for doing so. His response was, "Call anytime. This is fun!" And, that is the only attitude that I can see will ever work with things like this. (I think I have actually got him to the stage where I can break everything during the day in Australia and he will fix it while I am asleep, in Iceland. :lol:)

I really enjoyed 'meeting' him over Skype and couldn't believe how much was achieved. And, I learned some amazing things about Iceland - population is only 300,000!!!

So, working on projects like this can be very rewarding. Here is what just two of us achieved today...
JustToGiveYou An Idea.xls
The best thing was that Sig didn't complain about anything I broke and he, like me, reckons we will have to break everything a lot more before it reads and looks right but I see today as a massive step forward. (We also see a lot wrong - see 'Issues' for starters - but it is still heading in the right direction fast, I think.)

There is no point in this thread spending any more time on the layout of the first four sheets of the last 'Maxi' download. The chance was given, repeatedly, but was not seized. What this thread can do, if you can put the hours in Stu, is start work on getting the 'Maxi-BIAB' side matching the calculator side. You'll also see that, as per smyrna's excellent suggestion, we have created a mapping tab. So, this should be no problems for you!

There's probably only you and me that understand the complexities of some equations. For example, the hop equations were the hardest formulas I think I ever wrote and you added to these tremendously. The conversion things that have gone on here, I would have had no hope of doing!!!! So, while I am hoping that you will turn your attentions to making the 'Maxi-BIAB' side comprehensible to all and compatible with what BIABrewer wants, I am also hoping that you'll first write here, or to me, and explain how your X Factor works - this would save me hours of self-instruction and investigation!

I know you run a business and have a family etc so I do understand that this project is something you can't commit to as much as I know you would like. I'm really excited about it though and I hope I can keep relying on you - asking questions etc, etc. I know you aren't worried about being given credit but your place in the new calculator is already established. I am just hoping you can continue to 'put out' for us.

:salute:
Pat
Last edited by Pat on 12 Jul 2011, 01:34, edited 5 times in total.

Post #190 made 13 years ago
In the latest versions of the spreadsheet I've uploaded I've made the metric conversions simpler.

I've added the following formulas

X_Conv_GalX_L
X_Conv_InchesX_CM
X_Conv_LbsX_KG

The formulas equate to the English/Metric/Imperial conversion depending on the setting of the units field

So,

if you take a Volume field in "native" units and multiply it by the Gal To L conversion you get the value in L

So,

=Fermenter_Volume * X_Conv_GalX_L
gives you the Volume into Fermenter in L

Fermenter_Volume_in_L / X_Conv_GalX_L will convert a volume in L to the native units.

The same applies to Inches and CMs and Pounds and Kilograms

So

Kettle_Diameter * X_Conv_InchesX_CM

will convert native to metric

division will then convert metric back to native.

There is also a value called "X_Metric" which returns True for Metric and False otherwise. X_US returns True for US and X_UK returns true for UK.

Generally a formula to test for Metrix is written like this

IF(X_Metric, METRIC, OTHER )

for the GalUS and GalUK cases this is like this

IF(X_Metric, METRIC_CASE, IF( X_US,US_CASE,UK_CASE))

But this logic has been integrated into the Conv_X factors.

The other set of useful X_ values are the X_Units values

The X_Units change their values based on the X_Metric formula

X_Units_C is either "˚C" or "˚F"
X_Units_CM is in./cm
X_Units_Grams is grams/lbs
X_Units_HopGrams is grams/ozs
X_Units_KG is KG/lbs
X_Units_L gal/L

etc

Label fields for example, Volume Into Ferment uses "=X_Units_L" to put "L" or "gal" depending on the chosen units. Provided the formula then uses the X_Conv_GalX_L conversion factor, everything works.

5/7/12

Post #191 made 13 years ago
X_Expansion_100C is the 20C -> 100C expansion factor

so

Water Volume at 20C * X_Expansion_100C = Water Volume at 100C

Water Volume at 100C / X_Expansion_100C = Water Volume at 20C

X_Expansion_65C is the 65C expansion factor

X_Label_100C
X_Label_65C
X_Label_20C

map from the celsius to farenheit equivalent, and are used in labels, so for example

X_Label_100C equals "100C" or "212F" depending on the metric setting

5/7/12

Post #192 made 13 years ago
I have LIST_ and ITEM_ names too

For example

LIST_Units defines the contents of the Units list

each item in the Units LIST has an ITEM label

ITEM_Units_Metric
ITEM_Units_US
ITEM_Units_UK

These point to each item in the Units List

The formulas refer to the item name, rather than hard coding the item value ie "English (US)", this means its as easy as changing the contents of the list to change the name of item

5/7/12

Post #193 made 13 years ago
Values that are located on the Grain Bill page are prefixed with GB_
Values that are located on the Hop Bill page are prefixed with HB_
Values that are located on the BIAB Calculator page, once called Volumes, are prefixed with Vs_
Values that are located on the Maxi-Actuals page are prefixed with MA_
Values that are located on the Max-BIAB page are prefixed with MB_
Values that are located on the Equipment page are prefixed with Eq_

Values that end in _X are in Metric, no matter what the native units, but I have been changing these to L or KG etc, so for example

Vs_Grain_Bill_X is now Vs_Grain_Bill_KG

Some values are in English units, for example, Vs_Grain_Bill_Gal, these are used for the imperial formulas, ie Vs_Strike_Temp_F

There are some ranges defined on the HB and Vs areas, the Need_Conv and Need_Copy ranges

For example

Vs_Need_Conv_L
Vs_Need_Conv_CM
Vs_Need_Conv_KG

Cells in the Need_Conv_L range will be converted when the units is changed by applying the conversion factor

Also, these ranges can only refer to one worksheet, so I also have an HB_Need_Conv_L which is used for converting hop bill L values

Vs_Need_Copy_Actuals are the cells in the Actuals which need to be copied right for History purposes. The macros use this list to source values from the estimates for the actuals, and to shift History right. Unfortunately, there is a limit to the size of ranges in these names, so I had to split the range into 2 and sum

5/7/12

Post #194 made 13 years ago
BTW, I like the new layout

Moving all the editable fields in the estimates row to the top in the setup section was the idea I was going to try

5/7/12

Post #195 made 13 years ago
Hi ya Stu,

Received your PM and putting the formulas into the on-sheet cells would be excellent and certainly much easier than having them here! Thanks a heap for doing the above (looking forward to studying that side and really understanding your magic there) and offering to do this list of formulas etc. In that version I uploaded here last night, there is a mapping tab and a constants tab. That is where I thought they could go???

I'll send you an email shortly with the latest build.

Glad to hear you like the new layout. It's still on the list to be improved of course. I imagine another colour change (slight or large) might be needed down the track as those colours look different on every screen. I must say I am not looking forward to repainting the bloody thing again :lol:

Thanks a heap Stu! :salute:

Post #196 made 13 years ago
Stux,

The changes in your recent posts all sound great! Congratulations!

stux wrote:Some values are in English units, for example, Vs_Grain_Bill_Gal, these are used for the imperial formulas, ie Vs_Strike_Temp_F
Seeing "English" and "Imperial" in the same sentence raised a flag for me. I'm sure you are getting it all right, but be careful to keep these two similar systems separate.
Last edited by smyrnaquince on 12 Jul 2011, 20:28, edited 5 times in total.

Post #197 made 13 years ago
I've been plugging different recipes into the calculator to see what they come up with for a 2.5-gallon batch. I thought that 7 entries in the gran bill was enough until I ran across this recipe, which uses 8!
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f68/yoopers ... ut-210376/

It was not a big problem for me to copy and paste a row in the grain bill to add an 8th row, but I am wondering if we should bump it up to 8 lines by default.
Last edited by smyrnaquince on 15 Jul 2011, 01:54, edited 5 times in total.

Post #198 made 13 years ago
OK, I now realize that you can chase the number of grains forever. Just browsing around, I ran across this recipe that calls for 11 grains!
http://hopville.com/recipe/349626/robus ... ust-porter

I question whether you can really taste the individual contributions of the 4 grains that come in at 2 ounces each.

Unless there is an easy way to put in an "Add a Grain Row" button, I guess you do just have to pick a number and go with it. For anyone who has used Excel, it isn't that hard to copy and paste to put in an additional row.
Last edited by smyrnaquince on 17 Jul 2011, 05:45, edited 5 times in total.

Post #199 made 13 years ago
smyrnaquince wrote:OK, I now realize that you can chase the number of grains forever. Just browsing around, I ran across this recipe that calls for 11 grains!
http://hopville.com/recipe/349626/robus ... ust-porter

I question whether you can really taste the individual contributions of the 4 grains that come in at 2 ounces each.

Unless there is an easy way to put in an "Add a Grain Row" button, I guess you do just have to pick a number and go with it. For anyone who has used Excel, it isn't that hard to copy and paste to put in an additional row.
I'm partial to increasing it to 8 grains, possibly 10.

For the above recipe. I'd enter the last 4 grains as 8 oz of specialb/roastbarley/etc/etc
Last edited by stux on 17 Jul 2011, 09:05, edited 5 times in total.

5/7/12

Post #200 made 13 years ago
stux wrote:
smyrnaquince wrote:For the above recipe. I'd enter the last 4 grains as 8 oz of specialb/roastbarley/etc/etc
I never thought of that! This would set up the grain bill to calculate correctly and still record the recipe for future use. Thanks!

And if 8 gain entries is not unreasonable, then that would be nice for recipes like this one.
Last edited by smyrnaquince on 17 Jul 2011, 22:59, edited 5 times in total.

Return to “Measurement, Mathematics and Records”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 7 guests