Post #2 made 8 years ago
Old school guy - On a piece of paper during brew day, and beyond. I'll transfer to BIABacus afterwards.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #3 made 8 years ago
If you open the "Chalk Board" tab at the Bottom of the Spread Sheet, it opens a Blank Sheet, to type in Notes.
Then, you can Tab back to "BIABACUS"
Honest Officer, I swear to Drunk, I am Not God.

Post #4 made 8 years ago
I'm like MS handwritten and the post back. Then now I print the file ... Lost about 50 recipes before.
J

Post #6 made 8 years ago
I print out a couple of pages from the BIABacus so that I can see my water, grain and hop quantities on brewday. I scribble on this with volumes and gravities while brewing. Afterwards I write everything up in a small note book - I also keep track of gravities during fermentation in here. Although I back up my computer it means I shouldn't ever lose any of my recipes.

Post #7 made 7 years ago
I print out the BIABacus file, write my notes on tne back, then write them up later into the chalkboard and the brew day checklist (I use both). That way I have them ready for the next time I brew that recipe. I also print out a unique copy of any recipe I repeat so I can compare results. But I do not brew enough to get too stressed about minor differences. I am just happy to make beer, and learn on the way.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From Great Britain

Return to “Measurement, Mathematics and Records”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 11 guests