Just wanted to share my wort chiller with everyone http://ww

Post #1 made 10 years ago
This past weekend I decided to try a new wort chiller. I have had it for sometime now but had not trusted it :pray: . I had been using the copper tubing with a garden hose connected to it but that wasted so much water.

This chiller you fill once and leave it. The new chiller does require about 25 thousand gallons of water to start with (my cement pond). :smoke: :drink: :cool:

The red enamel pot is my second running I do off my primary batch - 21 litter and a 4 liter batch off the same grain. The 4 liter batch is more of a session beer which I experiment with hops or yeast.

MODNOTE: Pic of chiller can be seen in post #4]
Last edited by DrummoRC on 05 Sep 2013, 02:06, edited 2 times in total.

Post #2 made 10 years ago
Drummo, your topic title is too long to show your link so you will have to put it into a post. You can either do a new post or edit your first one. Clicking here will show you how to insert a link into your post.

If you want to correct your topic title, edit your first post and alter the subject.

:luck:

[Please note that Hints does not reply to direct questions.]
Last edited by Hints on 05 Sep 2013, 08:37, edited 2 times in total.

Post #4 made 10 years ago
I think DrummoRC is possibly the first person ever to invent the BIAB swim up bar!!! :lol:
G B
I spent lots of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered
I've stopped drinking, but only when I'm asleep
I ONCE gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Great Britain

Post #5 made 10 years ago
although i don't like the idea of the pool water in the tap port.
Cube:
fermenter: Sourdough Spelt Ale, Classic Lambic, Oud Brune, Barrel Aged Belgian Dubbel
Kegs: Bob's Black IPA, Blanc Blond, Soda...
to be brewed:

Post #6 made 10 years ago
:lol:

Drummo, great pic ;). It also triggers a lot of questions/solutions/possibilities involved in chilling and trub management. Here is one...

1. If you drill a small hole in the lid and then add a silicone grommet, then you can have some sort of thing you can rotate to agitate the wort. It's amazing how much faster the chill goes with agitation. Without it, it's like an igloo - a thermal barrier seems to occur.

2. Then, if you could make that agitation also spin (centrifuge) your trub, then that would be a terrific trub management tool!

:thumbs:
PP
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #8 made 10 years ago
I have seen some guys using there pool water for their IC chilling water and dumping the hot right bach into the pool. I think I may have to buy a shovel this summer and start on that pool!
AWOL

Return to “Chilling”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 12 guests