First BCS conversion to BIABacus

Post #1 made 7 years ago
Getting back to brewing after 1 year layoff.  I have 5 BIAB's under my belt, all with good results.  Looking to branch out a little by converting a BCS recipe, Weizen/Weissbier.

I've followed these BIABacus conversion instructions:

The rules for converting BCS recipes now become very simple. All the original ingredients go on the left hand side of Section C and D in the exact same weights they are in the book. Then, on the first line of Section D, type type 21.82 L and you are done. (The 21.82 L assumes that the 22.7 L stated in the book is the volume at flame-out.)

found here:   http://www.biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3061

Could someone take a look at the attached BIABacus, and give me a sanity check ?

Thanks !

Jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: First BCS conversion to BIABacus

Post #2 made 7 years ago
jeatmon wrote:Getting back to brewing after 1 year layoff.  I have 5 BIAB's under my belt, all with good results.  Looking to branch out a little by converting a BCS recipe, Weizen/Weissbier.

I've followed these BIABacus conversion instructions:

The rules for converting BCS recipes now become very simple. All the original ingredients go on the left hand side of Section C and D in the exact same weights they are in the book. Then, on the first line of Section D, type type 21.82 L and you are done. (The 21.82 L assumes that the 22.7 L stated in the book is the volume at flame-out.)

found here:   http://www.biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3061

Could someone take a look at the attached BIABacus, and give me a sanity check ?

Thanks !

Jim
Looks good Jim.  Be sure to enter your actual AA's of your hops when you know that.  Have a play with the strike temp in Section E.
MS
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Return to “BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 74 guests