Post #6276 made 9 years ago
Welcome Hans,

The Stirring is a good thing to do while Mashing.

You can Download BIABACUS at http://www.biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1869

and get The BIABacus - Help at http://biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1863

and read the Clear Brewing Terminology (CBT) http://www.biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2685

This will get you going and up to speed quickly!!
Honest Officer, I swear to Drunk, I am Not God.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #6277 made 9 years ago
Hello all. I am from Nova Scotia and an old time brewer and wine maker. brewing all grain and BIAB is pretty new to me and part of the reason I have sought out this forum site. I look forward to being here and learning with and from the other members.

Post #6278 made 9 years ago
Hello,

I am in Nova Scotia, Canada and have been brewing for just under a year. After not too happy with the box beer I have moved to extract brewing after 2 beers. I am now looking at getting into biab and just did my first 1 gallon batch that didn't end up too good. I had a 25% efficiency and ended up with a 1.023 OG stout.

I was asking the guys over at homebrewtalk about it and one of the members pointed me here. I am going to look around, read some posts and no doubt will be asking questions.

Mark

Post #6279 made 9 years ago
Hi all,
I'm Anthony another Aussie from Sydney.
I'm really looking forward to getting my first biab done as I've only brewed some kits and cider from the supermarket but I've seen there is much more too it with online homebrew store suppliers. I need to get an urn and a fridge maybe, some of the brews I made taste pretty bland compared with the beers from the bottle shops. It is so much fun making your own brews and researching on websites such as here where there is loads of info and I have plenty to learn! :)

Post #6280 made 9 years ago
Steeveo, bowserm, Anthill, welcome all.

I have visited many Homebrewing forums. This is by far the most active and informative one that I have found. Members are quick to respond and very knowledgeable (I'm not including myself in that last).

bowserm, don't lose heart. I am sure many of the folks on this forum will tell you that the first beer (or few) that they made disappointed them. If you read up on some of the techniques that different people use, you will find what works for you. Stick with it, you will never regret it.
OldGoat

Post #6281 made 9 years ago
Hello Steeveo, Bowserm, and Anthill, and welcome to the forum!

Definitely can make very good all grain beer with BIAB. Enjoying a Vienna (lager) right now viewing the forum, and it turned out well... There is a lot to learn, and this forum has lots of info available to those that are willing to paruse the site, see what other people have done, along with mistakes made. In fact, I've made more than my fair share... Some things never even considered, but ran into. Thankfully several more experienced guys on the site have pitched in to bail me out, pointing the proper direction on brewing and BIAB... I've learned a ton, but still have a lot to learn.

Best of luck to all of you, and again...welcome to the forum!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Post #6282 made 9 years ago
Hello all,

I have been looking for a good resource to truly learn how to convert recipes into a BIAB batch. I have been bouncing ideas off a good friend that is an incredible brewer, and have done plenty of reading. I am now looking for more information on the intracacies of BIAB brewing, and it looks like I found a great resource! Let's get brewing!

Post #6284 made 9 years ago
Hello all,

New brewer here from England. I seem to be progressing quite fast! Started brewing in January just before I turned 24 and have done 3 kits since and a couple of my own extract recipes. I feel like brew in a bag is the next step so I have invested in a 40 litre buffalo urn (which coincidentally is how I found this site). I've already noticed how excellent the information available is on this site and I can't wait to get started. Will probably do something simple for my first brew then I want to do a black IPA or Porter!

I've been using beer smith but may start using the BIABacus when I start doing BIAB.

Post #6286 made 9 years ago
Hello TLD91, and welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you are on track at this point... As you move along you will discover questions you don't know that you have, and this is a great resource for answers.

Best of luck to you.

Scott
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Post #6287 made 9 years ago
Hello fellow brewers,
I hail from Connecticut, USA. I first heard of this site while listening to a basic brewing podcast. I feel that this site is highly organized. I like the initial new users guide. I have been brewing for just over one year now. I have tried biab in the past and want to do a better job of it. I do have da day job as a software engineer.

Cheers

My First Post! - Post here to become Fully Registered

Post #6288 made 9 years ago
Welcome Thurobrand!
We are here to help you get the most out of your brewing experience.
Download and take a look at the Biabacus herehttp://www.biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?t=1869 to get you on your way.
Last edited by Lumpy5oh on 08 Apr 2015, 16:46, edited 11 times in total.
Some people are like slinkies. Not good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Weehoosebrewing.ga
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Canada

Post #6290 made 9 years ago
Welcome aboard dudacarvalho, if the answers you seek are anything to do with BIAB there is a good chance they are here, and if not there are brewers here who most likely have them, so feel free to ask. Spend enough time here and your few knowledge will inevitably become many. Happy Brewing!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Canada

Post #6294 made 9 years ago
Welcome TDiana,

If you can Download BIABACUS at http://www.biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1869

and get The BIABacus - Help at http://biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1863

and read the Clear Brewing Terminology (CBT) http://www.biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2685,

you can start learning the easist, and best way to brew Great Beer!!!
Honest Officer, I swear to Drunk, I am Not God.

Post #6295 made 9 years ago
Hey Everyone!

Greetings from Kansas City!

I started extract brewing about a year ago, and have finished up 7 brews - some better than others. I decided to upgrade a little bit and try out BIAB. I don't have the space for an all-grain set-up, and 3 little kids help to occupy most of my day anyway.

I'm going to try it out sometime this weekend. I'm trying to cram as much info into my head as I can until then. Wish me luck!

McD

Post #6296 made 9 years ago
Welcome McDicker,

BIAB (IMHO) offers the best balance between ease of brewing, styles of brews attainable and quality of resulting brews.

Good luck this weekend and let us know how it goes.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Canada

Post #6299 made 9 years ago
Hi folks,

I got into brewing about 6 months ago, did a few kits and my last brew was an extract brew, Scottish 80 shilling (although I only bottled yesterday and out the FV it tasted way too malty but we will see once it matures). Im from Scotland, live in a village just outside Edinburgh, I bought a 12litre stock pot so am hoping to do some partial biab or ideally a few small batches and stick them in a Demi, I really like experimenting and the idea of making small batches to try out new recipes really appeals.

Post #6300 made 9 years ago
Welcome Blinky. I am an american descendant of folks from your beautiful country. I hope to visit some day. You will not regret your decision to BIAB! Lots of knowledge and info on this site. All you have to do is ask.
OldGoat

Return to “BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 52 guests