Post #5376 made 9 years ago
4minmile,

Welcome to the site. I was stationed at Fort Belvoir Va. for two or three years? I know the area well. BIAB will indeed make as fine a Oktoberfest as can be made. Adding a few pounds of smoked grain will make that a Smoked Oktoberfest! I made one last spring that was fantastic. If you have questions find a category and ask it there!
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 2 Bourbon Barrel Porter
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Pipeline: Mulled Cider 10% ABV

http://cheesestradamus.com/ Brewers challenge!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #5377 made 9 years ago
I brewed 2 extract kits earlier this year and I'm looking to step it up to BIAB. I was browsing the site before I registered for ways to scale-down AG recipes to a smaller batch size so I can keep brewing on my stove top. Sounds like the BIABAcus will do the job, but I haven't downloaded it yet. I looked at mini-BIAB briefly too but need to do more reading on that technique.

Post #5378 made 9 years ago
Hey there,

My name is Mike and I'm from New Jersey. I ran into this while reading up on BIAB to try and whip up a reasonably simple and space-efficient brewing system for my condo. So far I've found a wealth of great information on the technique and am looking forward to learning more! I haven't brewed yet and am taking my time before I dive in for the first batch. Measure twice and all that.

Post #5379 made 9 years ago
Welcome rwiggum and jromano. Lots of good information on here that you won't find anywhere else. I brew smaller batches (1.75 to 2.25 gallons) on my stovetop and the Biabacus has been an essential tool for me. It was easy enough to get me started and has helped me learn more about the technique as I have played with it. Good luck on your brew days.

Post #5384 made 9 years ago
Welcome Rad456,

Many new brewers have stumbled upon this site. Most of us stumble around a lot after we find this site. Good luck!
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #5385 made 9 years ago
Hi there. This is my first post.
I've been extract brewing for about a year here in Sydney, Australia and I'm looking to move to mini-BIAB as a stepping stone to BIAB or All-Grain brewing.
I love the layout of this site and there seems to be heaps of useful resources.
Looking forward to my first mini-BIAB soon!

Post #5386 made 9 years ago
Hi all,

I'm Chris, from North West Brissy. I have been brewing for a few years now and am looking at starting BIAB this weekend! Have just done extract up until now, and am ready for the challenge.
The site was recommended to me by some brewers over at AHB, and so far seems to be a wealth of knowledge.

Cheers.

Post #5387 made 9 years ago
Davo76, Chris7,

Welcome to the obsession. BIAB is easy, inexpensive and foolproof! Read, brew, share!
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #5388 made 9 years ago
Hi,

I'm from California, after doing a few extract brews I wanted to step into all grain brewing slowly. After I found out about BIAB I decided it was the way to go instead of doing a partial mash. I currently have my first BIAB, a Sweet Stout, in the fermenter right now that I did this last weekend. I have a few questions about using the BIABacus but I'll save those for the correct forum. I think this is the way I am going to do all grain, it's just too easy and there is no need for a mash tun build. Also I don't have room for new equipment.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From United States of America

Post #5389 made 9 years ago
xfumbler,

Welcome to our group of brewing malcontents. We saw a mash-tun was wrong and we righted it!
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #5390 made 9 years ago
Hello all,

1. Where are you from?
I'm in Toronto, Canada

2. How did you stumble across the site?
I was trying to find more information on BIAB brewing and found this forum through a google search.

3. What you think of it so far?
So far it seems very informative and well laid out.

4. Have you brewed at all before. If so, for how long and what method are you currently using?
I've mostly been making extract recipes, but have done 1 BIAB all grain recipe. I'm looking to switch completely to all grain.

5. Do you work? Are you retired or maybe you run a household?
I work.

I tend to lurk quite a bit, I'm a bit hesitant to post as I'm still very much a novice brewer. I'm sure there will be a lot of good info on this site.

Cheers!!

Post #5391 made 9 years ago
Wotcha, based in London, UK. Been doing 10(ish) litre batch microBIAB since January using a dunk sparge and been lurking here before deciding to trying a full volume mash. Been very happy with the results so far, just want to remove some of the faff.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 5 Brews From Great Britain

Post #5392 made 9 years ago
Snaxx,tom_m,

Welcome to our merry band of renegade brewers. We brew with the minimum of everything required and get maximum a of everything expected.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #5393 made 9 years ago
Hello,

Im from Örebro, Sweden working as a supply chain developer. I found the site at the Swedish brewing site bryggforum.nu.
It looks like the biabrewer is a comprehensive guide/forum to BIAB.
I have brewed one extract batch with a small amount of caramel malt mashed in a bag together with a friend who brewed his seventh batch. Im now planning my first small batch of beer. I am relly looking forward to the brew and to be guided by this site!

Post #5394 made 9 years ago
Mr Soderberg,

Welcome to our world. BIAB is the easiest, most economical and more fun than a barrel of monkeys!
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #5395 made 9 years ago
Hi,

My names Paul and I'm form Liverpool, UK.

I have done 3 brews, 1 basic extract tub kit and 2 extract recipes I put together with ingredients form the LHBS. Now I wan to move to AG BIAB so I can start experimenting with "real" recipes".

I've got lots of questions, so I'm sure I'm in the right place :)

Post #5396 made 9 years ago
mr_pablo,

Welcome to our world. Read here and you will be fulfilled. Brew with that knowledge and you will be just beer filled.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #5399 made 9 years ago
Hi all,
My name's Matt and I live in Rugby, Warwickshire, UK.
I registered ages ago when I started doing homebrew.
As for brewing beer all I've done so far are the two-can kits (Woodfordes Wherry mainly).
I also do hedgerow and juice wines to keep Mrs Matt happy.

I'm getting more and more interested in BIAB as it seems a great way to brew a huge variety of beers.
I'm hoping that when I encounter a great pint in a pub, there'll be a recipe online for a similar one!

No doubt I'll be asking daft questions when the time comes!

Cheers,
Matt
    • SVA Brewer With Under 5 Brews From Wales

Post #5400 made 9 years ago
Northpoin, Dennis King, matjam.

Welcome and salutations to you all. BIAB is easy to do, easy on the wallet and easy to consume! Read, digest and brew!
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Return to “BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 70 guests