Post #3527 made 11 years ago
Welcome Husk,

BIAB is a great way to start brewing, again.

All-grain is as simple as it can be, and make the best beer you can!

Let know if you have questions.
Honest Officer, I swear to Drunk, I am Not God.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #3528 made 11 years ago
1. I'm originally from NY, but I've spent nearly half my life in California as well.
2. Looking for FDA-approved polyester mesh, in bulk, to make some BIAB bags and dry hops bags.
3. An incredible wealth of information. I'm truly impressed.
4. Have about 10 brews under my belt, all extract with specialty grain. Been brewing about a year now.
5. AD military. I look forward to retirement.

Post #3529 made 11 years ago
Hi Yall

Im Balli. Im from wales and have never brewed before but have recently purchased the Brooklyn Brew Shop Brown Ale AG kit that i will be doing some time soon once a few more bits of kit arrive. I know the extract kits are advised for beginners but they dont really interest me as much as the AG BIAB methods. Iv learnt loads from this forum already and hope to continue to do so.

Cheers!

Post #3530 made 11 years ago
Welcome Ikyn,

FDA-approved polyester mesh must be a California thing, Polyester is a material that thats nothing to worry about.
It doees not even cause "Cancer in California" (that is a eastcoast joke line), Sorry!!

Post #3531 made 11 years ago
Welcome Balli(balli1990),

Your correct, Extract is a waste of time and money.

BIAB is an easy way to start brewing some Great All-Grain Beer!!

Post #3532 made 11 years ago
Hi all,

My name is Mike and I'm from Wellington, New Zealand.
I've been brewing for a couple of years and have just moved to BIAB from extract brewing. I'm married with 2 children and work in Software Development. I really like the look of this site and am looking forward to learning as much as possible about the art of brewing with BIAB.

Post #3533 made 11 years ago
Welcome Mike(NZPicker),

Great to see your going to a BIABer, instead of Extract(yuk).

Let us know if you have any questions, we can help!

Post #3534 made 11 years ago
Evening all,

Started brewing about 2 months ago, did 1 kit and kilo, liked it. Did 2 kits and bits, liked them. Decided that kits and bits was nearly as much effort as full extract or all grain, so here I am, looking at doing my first BIAB (probably mini) this weekend. Setup a double door fridge/freezer, but have set my STC-1000 to control the freezer temp to approx 2 degrees, I put two kegs in there, and the fridge side is consistent at between 15 and 20 degrees depending on the built in "coolness" adjustment, just perfect for fermenting. So I can serve two kegs, and have two fermenters (probably 1 primary and 1 secondary most of the time) going, all in the same fridge!

Cheers!
Brett

Post #3535 made 11 years ago
Welcome Brett(BareFoot),

Good the see you found All-Grain BIAB is as easy as Extract w/Grains.

Let us know how you Mini-BIAB comes out, and Post if you have any question!

Post #3536 made 11 years ago
Neat fridge idea Brett. Thanks for posting that :thumbs:

Would you start a thread and post some pictures some time please? when you get it all set up perhaps and let us know how it works.

I think secondary fermenters are going out of fashion a bit and more people are single-stage fermenting. Might help with your pipeline :drink: ;)
Guinges

Post #3537 made 11 years ago
I am an advanced home sourdough baker and brand new brewer from Brooklyn and looking forward to jumping right in and using the bag method. After a lot of research, it seems to be the most simple and streamlined way to economically brew with all grains and this appears to be a great resource!

-Tait
Firspring

Post #3538 made 11 years ago
Firspring wrote:I am an advanced home sourdough baker and brand new brewer from Brooklyn and looking forward to jumping right in and using the bag method. After a lot of research, it seems to be the most simple and streamlined way to economically brew with all grains and this appears to be a great resource!

-Tait
Welcome Firspring, enjoy the forum and feel free to ask any questions you may have. I started a thread on bread making a bit ago Here . You will have to share your knowledge, fair swap I reckon :lol:

:luck:

Yeasty
Last edited by Yeasty on 23 Apr 2013, 22:43, edited 11 times in total.
Why is everyone talking about "Cheese"
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From Great Britain

Post #3540 made 11 years ago
Welcome Bjørn(barberg),
Great to see your brewing BIAB now.
Look around the Forum, and if you have any questions, Please Post!

Post #3542 made 11 years ago
Welcome Chris(christoph),

This is the place to learn all about BIAB!

Let us know if you have any questions, so, Please post, We can Help!

Post #3543 made 11 years ago
hey everybody,
New guy from South Jersey. I've been brewing for a couple of years, mostly extract. I dabbled in AG but found it too time consuming. I have a keggle that I will use for my kettle, I just need to find a bag to fit it.

Post #3544 made 11 years ago
Hi All, Just starting out in BIAB and I am looking forward to producing some drinkable English bitters similar to Harveys Sussex or Shepherd Neame Spitfire. I hope this forum will give me the assistance to achieve my dream. It seems to be full of information. Cheers, Hazard14 :thumbs:

Post #3547 made 11 years ago
Hi. My name is Damian and I am from the Gold Coast, Australia.

I am a 42 YO father of 3 and have been home brewing off and on for over 20 years.

Until yesterday I had only done kits and extracts, but I got most of my processes down pretty well. Yesterday was the big day and I did my first BIAB. A half batch in a 19L BigW pot on a butane camp stove. All went well and I enjoyed it. No more extract for me!

From the recipe I did in Brewmate I expected an OG of 1.047 and hit it exactly so am happy about that. Can't wait to do the next one. I have 2 x fermenting/ conditioning fridges and 2 x fermenters so I can easilly have 2 brews on the go at once.

Damian.

Post #3548 made 11 years ago
Welcome Dammag and congratulations on your first Biab.

Looks like you have a great set up to make loads of great beers

:luck:

Yeasty
Why is everyone talking about "Cheese"
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From Great Britain

Post #3549 made 11 years ago
Hi just stumbled upon this sight when trying to find tips for BIAB. Decided to move to the BIAB when I moved to an apartment with less room. I live in sunny California and want to learn some good techniques to get the best efficiency from the BIAB method.

Return to “BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 55 guests