Post #2 made 11 years ago
I would be a little shy of that one.It is waaay too cheap,although its cheap enough that it may not hurt too much to give it a try. The most common problem with them is leakage, and you can drain a 20 lb. tank overnight.
AWOL

Post #3 made 11 years ago
Tsar, that appears to be a Manometer..It is used to measure the Volume of Co2(Kg/cm2), Not Pressure.

So, you may want to use a Regulator.

But,I may be wrong by thinking, kg/cm2 vs PSI, since I am a Seppo!
Honest Officer, I swear to Drunk, I am Not God.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #4 made 11 years ago
I think that if it were volume it would be cm3 not cm2, that's just another unit for pressure. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Post #5 made 11 years ago
You ar right tsar.If I remember right kg/cm2 is roughly equal to 1 bar or 1 atmosphere of 14 psi.
I think you will need another gauge on that to show your serving pressure.
AWOL

Post #8 made 11 years ago
Tsar wrote:I need one of these for each keg, and one for the CO2 bottle? Or is it just enough one simple valve for the bottle?
I only have one gas out gauge and reg. If you want to keep some beers at a different pressure than others you need more regs.
Last edited by Lylo on 29 Mar 2013, 01:19, edited 2 times in total.
AWOL

Post #9 made 11 years ago
The problem is that you will need ot be able to set the keg pressure with this regulator. The gauge is not fine enough.
Cube:
fermenter: Sourdough Spelt Ale, Classic Lambic, Oud Brune, Barrel Aged Belgian Dubbel
Kegs: Bob's Black IPA, Blanc Blond, Soda...
to be brewed:

Post #10 made 11 years ago
shibolet wrote:The problem is that you will need ot be able to set the keg pressure with this regulator. The gauge is not fine enough.
But I can change it, right?
Last edited by Tsar on 29 Mar 2013, 09:37, edited 2 times in total.

Post #11 made 11 years ago
Tsar,
i had used a regulator designed for welding when i first started kegging. i didn't work very well and was very frustrating. i would not recommend cutting corners with this specific item.
have you tried www.candirect.de ?
Cube:
fermenter: Sourdough Spelt Ale, Classic Lambic, Oud Brune, Barrel Aged Belgian Dubbel
Kegs: Bob's Black IPA, Blanc Blond, Soda...
to be brewed:

Post #13 made 11 years ago
shibolet wrote:Tsar,
i had used a regulator designed for welding when i first started kegging. i didn't work very well and was very frustrating. i would not recommend cutting corners with this specific item.
have you tried http://www.candirect.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ?
Wise words there Shib,

I consider these sort of purchases as long term investments. I know that cost can be an issue if you are on a budget but paying more for a quality item that will definitely do the job as intended is always better in the long run. Cheap kit always lets you down when its needed the most, there is nothing more frustrating than having a full keg of Ale with no way of getting it out under pressure.

:salute:

Yeasty
Last edited by Yeasty on 29 Mar 2013, 17:30, edited 2 times in total.
Why is everyone talking about "Cheese"
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From Great Britain

Return to “Kegging”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 13 guests