Kegerator upgrade

Post #1 made 12 years ago
Previously moved from a fridge setup to a freezer and have brewed my first beers of the year. Finally get to sample the finest from kings brewery lol. Cheers! Gunna be a good Arvo sampling the nectar of the gods.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post #3 made 12 years ago
I like you whiteboard :)

Gives me an idea to use a future hypothetical blackboard as a beer log as well as key labels
Fermenting: -
Cubed: -
Stirplate: -
On Tap: NS Summer Ale III (WY1272), Landlord III (WY1469), Fighter's 70/- II (WY1272), Roast Porter (WY1028), Cider, Soda
Next: Munich Helles III

5/7/12

Post #5 made 11 years ago
Tsar wrote:Hi there,

Is it better to use a fridge like this, or to use the machines used in bars?
the machines used in bars chill the beer on the way from the keg to the tab. that means that the beer keg is kept warm (un refrigerated). that's fine if it's consumed quickly. not so good in the home setup.
Last edited by shibolet on 27 Mar 2013, 19:05, edited 3 times in total.
Cube:
fermenter: Sourdough Spelt Ale, Classic Lambic, Oud Brune, Barrel Aged Belgian Dubbel
Kegs: Bob's Black IPA, Blanc Blond, Soda...
to be brewed:

Post #6 made 11 years ago
shibolet wrote:
Tsar wrote:Hi there,

Is it better to use a fridge like this, or to use the machines used in bars?
the machines used in bars chill the beer on the way from the keg to the tab. that means that the beer keg is kept warm (un refrigerated). that's fine if it's consumed quickly. not so good in the home setup.
Thanks, question answered :-)
Last edited by Tsar on 27 Mar 2013, 19:17, edited 3 times in total.

Post #7 made 11 years ago
This is my baby.room for 5 kegs, I keep 4 on tap and 1 conditioning.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AWOL

Post #10 made 11 years ago
Lylo.. what is the gas connection? I see it's a standard corny keg gas post.. but, what is the connection on the other side of the wall? IOW, how did you interface from the gas connection to the manifold. Have you found a fitting that can adapt from the gas connector to a tubing/compression/? fitting? It would be nice to get the 20# CO2 tank out of the keezer to make room for another keg. :)

Inquiring minds want to know. I have my freezer as the main keg holder but have not built the box on top yet. I also use a small dormitory refrigerator for another keg and some things like hops.
Bill
Hop Song Brewing-Santa Rosa, California

Return to “Kegging”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 9 guests