Post #2 made 13 years ago
they look cool... :thumbs:

i use pets ,heres a tip for ya,
fill with beer and carbonating sugar,
then store then upside down in crates while they condition,

all of the sediment settles into the plastic cap,
then when ready for drinking,
hold them over a sink upside down and crack the lid open and all of the gunk is pushed out,[only an egg cup full of beer is lost]
tip the bottle back up right,
remove the top and wash any yeast off and your good to go with crystal clear beer... :party:

ive been doing this for a year and it works every time..... :clap:

Post #3 made 13 years ago
I think they would work for beer Yeasty but by the time I had set it up, I think I and my fellow brewers might have drunk most of the bottle :think:. So, a fascinating find but I'm not sure of how practical for the likes of us :lol:.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #5 made 13 years ago
Yeasty wrote:Just emailed Coca Cola and asked them to start making 19litre bottles. ;)
well, these are not far off:
http://www.keykeg.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
some micro breweries around here are looking into using them.
a bit pricey for the home brewer.
Last edited by shibolet on 09 Mar 2011, 02:06, edited 5 times in total.
Cube:
fermenter: Sourdough Spelt Ale, Classic Lambic, Oud Brune, Barrel Aged Belgian Dubbel
Kegs: Bob's Black IPA, Blanc Blond, Soda...
to be brewed:

Post #6 made 13 years ago
Intersting thing with the keykeg is that the air pressure can be used to dispense with no spoiling, which also means the brewery can control the carbonation. This also means you can draught dispense flat beverages, like British ale ;)

Also see http://www.ecokeg.com/ for more mundane one way kegs
Fermenting: -
Cubed: -
Stirplate: -
On Tap: NS Summer Ale III (WY1272), Landlord III (WY1469), Fighter's 70/- II (WY1272), Roast Porter (WY1028), Cider, Soda
Next: Munich Helles III

5/7/12

Return to “Bottling”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 6 guests