EDIT: Added brew date of February 16th.
I did a MAXI with 2.5 gallon water held back from mash,
this water was added before the boil.
I planned for a 60 minute mash, but didn't hit my
gravity, so I went for a 90 minute mash.
I hope this info helps..............
1. At 20 minutes, my gravity reading was... 12 brix/1.048
2. At 40 minutes, my gravity reading was... 13 brix/1.053
3. At 60 minutes, my gravity reading was... 14 brix/1.057
4. At 90 minutes, my gravity reading was... 14.4 brix/1.059
Quick Bonus Questions
A. The weight of my grain bill was... 24.5 lbs.
B. The volume of water I mashed with was... 11.67 Gal
C. My average mash temperature was... 150 F
If you did a Mash-Out (and only if you have time.)
After mashing, I did a rest at 158 F, taking 25 mins
1. To reach a mash-out temp of 76-78 C (169 - 172 F) took (mins)... 18 mins at 175 F
2. At the start of mash-out, my gravity reading was... N/A
It is not right or wrong to leave a BIAB mash at mash-out temps for any period of time. If, however you did leave the mash at mash-out temps, can you also please answer the following?
A. After reaching mash-out temp, before pulling the bag, I waited (mins)... 15 mins
B. After I pulled the bag my gravity reading was... 15.4 brix/1.063 (hitting my PLG