BIABrewer.info


Home of BIAB - All-Grain Brewing in A Bag
Great beer... It's in the bag!

Skip to content

View unanswered posts | View active topics  It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:30 am




In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest




Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Previous topic | Next topic 

 

Author Message
 Offline  
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:50 pm
Posts: 197
Location: Meath, Ireland
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:04 pm 
I use a version of this. Works a treat but I'd love to do a scientific test with a do meter
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/cheap-e ... get-68218/


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline  
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:41 am
Posts: 784
Location: Panhandle of Florida, USA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:21 am 
Lars wrote:


I have a set of hoses and 1 short piece of polycarbonate tube with a hole in it.

I use an immersion chiller, so I aerate when I transfer from my keggle to my corny keg (which I ferment in). I will also add my dry yeast and seal up my corny keg and shake it some more.

_________________
Brewing with MS; http://www.flickr.com/photos/madscienti ... 69/detail/
https://www.facebook.com/imz.mad.scientist
Quote:
Larry the cable guy - "git er done"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Offline  
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:17 pm
Posts: 246
Location: Fife, Scotland
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:55 pm 
Lars wrote:
I use a version of this. Works a treat but I'd love to do a scientific test with a do meter
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/cheap-e ... get-68218/


I like this! Thanks for the link.


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline  
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:15 pm
Posts: 43
Location: Barcelos, Portugal
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:59 pm 
Mad_Scientist wrote:
Lars wrote:


I have a set of hoses and 1 short piece of polycarbonate tube with a hole in it.

I use an immersion chiller, so I aerate when I transfer from my keggle to my corny keg (which I ferment in). I will also add my dry yeast and seal up my corny keg and shake it some more.


I've heard about this method, I think it's called Venturi effect. How does it work for you?


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline  
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:41 am
Posts: 784
Location: Panhandle of Florida, USA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:28 pm 
I have a photo I took on my last brew day, shown on my photostream. The foam you see is Starsan, not from the aeration.

It does suck in air, I can see it. I don't think I have it fine tuned though. I should move the small piece with the hole further upstream, it is a piece of syphon tube, and should probably be a lot longer, giving the wort more contact time. The forth piece of tube (after the ventui) should be removed, probably is counter-productive as it is stepping back up to a higher diameter.

_________________
Brewing with MS; http://www.flickr.com/photos/madscienti ... 69/detail/
https://www.facebook.com/imz.mad.scientist
Quote:
Larry the cable guy - "git er done"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Offline  
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:34 am
Posts: 183
Location: Healdsburg, CA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:42 am 
I use O2.. Oxygen bottle picked up from a lady whose husband was on O2 before he passed. It came with a regulator and a flow meter. $35 for the whole thing and the bottle was full. I will NEVER need to buy O2 again :) I used to use the little red cylinders that came from HomeDepot and were used for brazing with MAPP gas. They worked fine.. but, was an expense that I'll, fortunately, never have to do again.

_________________
HopSong Brewing-Healdsburg, California


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline  
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:41 am
Posts: 784
Location: Panhandle of Florida, USA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:05 am 
HbgBill wrote:
I use O2.. Oxygen bottle picked up from a lady whose husband was on O2 before he passed. It came with a regulator and a flow meter. $35 for the whole thing and the bottle was full. I will NEVER need to buy O2 again :) I used to use the little red cylinders that came from HomeDepot and were used for brazing with MAPP gas. They worked fine.. but, was an expense that I'll, fortunately, never have to do again.

We are all jealous of your green O2 tank.

_________________
Brewing with MS; http://www.flickr.com/photos/madscienti ... 69/detail/
https://www.facebook.com/imz.mad.scientist
Quote:
Larry the cable guy - "git er done"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Offline  
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:34 am
Posts: 183
Location: Healdsburg, CA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:53 am 
Mad_Scientist wrote:
HbgBill wrote:
I use O2.. Oxygen bottle picked up from a lady whose husband was on O2 before he passed. It came with a regulator and a flow meter. $35 for the whole thing and the bottle was full. I will NEVER need to buy O2 again :) I used to use the little red cylinders that came from HomeDepot and were used for brazing with MAPP gas. They worked fine.. but, was an expense that I'll, fortunately, never have to do again.

We are all jealous of your green O2 tank.


I could paint it a different color? Jealousy isn't a good thing :) Actually, green looks better than red.. but it is an O-L-D green that certainly needs a refresh. And the chrome on the regulator looks like a pitted old bumper.. Bet you aren't quite so envious now :D

_________________
HopSong Brewing-Healdsburg, California


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Most users ever online was 148 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:45 pm



Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

Style based on Andreas08 by Andreas Viklund

Style by Elizabeth Shulman

counter for wordpress