Say hi and where you're from in Europe.

Post #1 made 13 years ago
Well I might as well be the first to post here, kick a bit of life into the forum so to speak.

Hello to all from not so sunny Dublin.

My name is almost my real name so no need to explain nicknames or anything for me.

I brew BIAB with a large 75l brupaks boiler as shown here

After a few mini mashes using the BIAB technique, I've decided to go the whole hog and start doing full on All-Grain mashes using the BIAB technique, the beers have been good so far and the nearer I get to all grain the better it gets, last brew was only about 30% extract so it was almost just topping up with extract and the beer is improving every time.
Last edited by EoinMag on 09 Jul 2010, 18:36, edited 6 times in total.
http://beernvictuals.blogspot.com/ My blog, If you like what you read post a comment on the blog comments section thanks, BIAB post coming soon.

Post #2 made 13 years ago
Hi,

I'm from Suffolk, UK.

Hanging out on here to talk about BIAB instead of the JBK forum due to a certain w@n*er on that forum that feels the need to insult anyone doing BIAB.

Cheers.

Post #4 made 13 years ago
72mgb73gt wrote:Hi,

I'm from Suffolk, UK.

Hanging out on here to talk about BIAB instead of the JBK forum due to a certain w@n*er on that forum that feels the need to insult anyone doing BIAB.

Cheers.
Hi, I knew who you meant and stopped participating on the forum as well but now I will return. It appears that enough is enough as far as Jim is concerned http://www.jimsbeerkit.co.uk/forum/view ... 16&t=36307

Hello all, by the way!
Last edited by scarer on 04 Oct 2010, 03:33, edited 6 times in total.
Sara.

Post #5 made 13 years ago
:lol: Sara! What gives with JBK I don't know, its been down for a couple of days, so it has blown a foo foo valve good style for what ever reason. Hope that they haven't had datacentre issues like they did in February.
Google's cache has some interesting info, here's a link, click on "Cached". Have to say, one of the ex- moderators seems to be a 3V bigot of the highest order.
Last edited by Ralph on 04 Oct 2010, 05:47, edited 6 times in total.
[center]Give me a beer and I will move the world. Archimedes[/center]

Post #6 made 13 years ago
Hi there my name is Nick . I am from Greece and I live in Athens.
I switched from extract to grain brewing and of course I am a BIABER.
I am using a gas fired 30 liter pot because so far I brew 10-12 liter batches aw I used to with extracts .
I have only 3 biab batches so far mostly because of spare time limits but from the first time everything worked flawlessly .
I get quite clear wort (looks bright when siphoning to FV)and very clear after conditioning in the bottles so there is no issue about clarification for me . Of course I use Irish moss to the pale ales but the darker ones are also very clear .The only thing I miss so far is that I dont get the required volume to the fermenter by the numbers provided ( I miss about 1- 1,200 liter) but this is my boiling and transferring loss and easily solved by adding cold water to the fermenter vessel were everything getting correct (volumes gravity and so on).
So for me its a trustworthy method with less trouble.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Greece

Post #7 made 13 years ago
Ralph wrote::lol: Sara! What gives with JBK I don't know, its been down for a couple of days, so it has blown a foo foo valve good style for what ever reason. Hope that they haven't had datacentre issues like they did in February.
Google's cache has some interesting info, here's a link, click on "Cached". Have to say, one of the ex- moderators seems to be a 3V bigot of the highest order.
Late news: The problems weren't with JBK being offline, they were blocking IPs, my ISP must be using some which some how got included in a range. All is cleared up now, have been getting a warm welcome and a good vibe from the JBKers! (I thought I had an account established but evidently not.)

BTW, welcome all you European brewers, hope you find BIABrewer a useful resource and a bunch of happy campers! :)
Last edited by Ralph on 17 Oct 2010, 13:11, edited 6 times in total.

Post #8 made 13 years ago
Hi I'm Ian from Yorkshire, UK. I've been brewing kits for about 8 months and fancy stepping up to AG without the expense. I found out about BIAB from JBK and got directed here. Looks like a great forum and I can't wait to get started, I'll be giving the Maxi-BIAB technique a go first to get the hang of it.

Post #9 made 13 years ago
Welcome aboard Aleian! :drink:

There's nothing to be lost in trying Mini-BIAB first, but go for it, either way you'll find Stovetop BIAB really is a piece of cake! :thumbs:

Post #10 made 13 years ago
Hi to all :salute:
I'm in Bolton and just brewing kits at the moment. Very interested in the AG lark and BIAB. I've got my big pot (about 52L) and I'll find the Voile around these parts no problem. Just looking for a big gas burner at the moment and then I'm off and brewing. What to do first is a problem, thinking down the line of a simple ALE probably just Maris otter and Cascade hops ? :think: . Want to keep it as easy as possible first time.
I'll post how I get on Good or Bad.

Happy Brewing

H
Why is everyone talking about "Cheese"
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From Great Britain

Post #11 made 13 years ago
Yeasty wrote:Hi to all :salute:
I'm in Bolton and just brewing kits at the moment. Very interested in the AG lark and BIAB. I've got my big pot (about 52L) and I'll find the Voile around these parts no problem. Just looking for a big gas burner at the moment and then I'm off and brewing. What to do first is a problem, thinking down the line of a simple ALE probably just Maris otter and Cascade hops ? :think: . Want to keep it as easy as possible first time.
I'll post how I get on Good or Bad.

Happy Brewing

H
SMaSH (Single Malt and Single Hop) ales are always good, cascade and MO would be good, fruity with the cascade but should be nice.
I have one with MO and Fuggles in the fermenter at the moment.
Last edited by EoinMag on 16 Dec 2010, 03:09, edited 6 times in total.
http://beernvictuals.blogspot.com/ My blog, If you like what you read post a comment on the blog comments section thanks, BIAB post coming soon.

Post #12 made 13 years ago
Welcome all the new guys, I was born in Yorkshire, brought up in Newcastle and moved to Cardiff as a teenager then to Queensland over 30 years ago. I took up brewing again two years ago to recreate the beers of my youth like Brains SA, Camerons Strongarm, Jennings of Cockermouth etc and find that BIAB does an absolutely brilliant job. I think that the main reason BIAB suits British Real Ales is because the idea is to get the grain to the brain in a couple of weeks using dead simple techniques such as a straight single infusion mash, top ferment, rack with finings and drink fairly young. No mucking about with decoctions, lautering, lagering etc. I'm sure if they had enough voile and a big steam crane they would have thrown the mash tuns away in the 18th century no arguments - Avast, hoist ye away lads :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Beachbum on 16 Dec 2010, 07:32, edited 6 times in total.

Post #13 made 13 years ago
Beachbum wrote:Welcome all the new guys, I was born in Yorkshire, brought up in Newcastle and moved to Cardiff as a teenager then to Queensland over 30 years ago. I took up brewing again two years ago to recreate the beers of my youth like Brains SA, Camerons Strongarm, Jennings of Cockermouth etc and find that BIAB does an absolutely brilliant job. I think that the main reason BIAB suits British Real Ales is because the idea is to get the grain to the brain in a couple of weeks using dead simple techniques such as a straight single infusion mash, top ferment, rack with finings and drink fairly young. No mucking about with decoctions, lautering, lagering etc. I'm sure if they had enough voile and a big steam crane they would have thrown the mash tuns away in the 18th century no arguments - Avast, hoist ye away lads :lol: :lol:
Camerons Strong Arm....Boy does that take me back. How about Double Maxim, I cut my drinking teeth on that brew. I Still love a pint of Magnet as well when I'm back across in the North east.

Have you the recipes for any of your old favorites ? I think once I've got a couple of BIAB brews under my belt I'll give it a go and see if I can replicate a few of my favorites.
Last edited by Yeasty on 21 Dec 2010, 08:07, edited 7 times in total.

Post #14 made 13 years ago
Hi Yeasty, where abouts are you nowadays? I found a great Camerons Strongarm recipe in Graham Wheeler's Real Ale book but lately I've developed it into my Yorkshire Red which is about 5.5% and seems to hit the same spot but a lot stronger - I'll post the recipe in due course.
They closed Vaux ages ago but a micro has bought the name and is making Double Maxim again to the same recipe. Like you, used to get pissed on it myself, I remember ending up in the pub at Blanchland on a hiking trip and had about eight pints of the stuff and woke up in a field, having forgotten to pitch my tent - and a mob of sheep staring at me ;-)
Cheers
Last edited by Beachbum on 21 Dec 2010, 09:07, edited 6 times in total.

Post #15 made 13 years ago
Hi Beachbum
Living in Bolton these days. Not bad if you like rain !! originally from Darlo. Just been back over to exchange crimbo presents and see me old mam. Popped into the HBS next door (yes next door :lol: ) whist there and bought the Malt and hops for my SMaSH brew. Going to do it between xmas and New year.
First AG and First BIAB, can't wait. :thumbs:

Post #16 made 13 years ago
Hi Guys

I am an Aussie living in Oxfordshire. I live in a 300 year old farmhouse with outbuildings. One of which I am in the process of converting into a brewhouse. It is currently used to store my bottled kit and extract beers. Once conversion is complete it will be full steam (see what I did there :roll: ) ahead with my first BIAB brew. Weather proofing and electrics being sorted at the mo. Thankfully my wife is very supportive.

I am currently searching the web for a deal on a 40+ litre stock pot.
I will keep reading up until the day arrives, then I will bore you all to tears with my virgin brew day. :sleep:
[center]Royalty ? I like the show but can't stand the actors.[/center]

Post #18 made 13 years ago
Forgot to say hello here :)
I'm eeyore, from Stockport.

Looking to do my first Biab brew asap just trying to sort a decent pot to do it in (Chinese supermarket in Manchester has some but it's a mission to get there at the mo! )

Post #19 made 13 years ago
Welcome eeyore.

Im not far away in Bolton, Funny enough I got my 50L from a Chinese woman in leeds, I found it on ebay. There are a couple of euro sellers on ebay that do large pots and will deliver to the uk. I'll try and find the forum with the link. I think it was on Jim's site. The SS 50L linked to above looks good though and is good value at £55

Post #21 made 13 years ago
Hi, I am from Switzerland, in a little town near Geneva.

Never brewed, just discovering the BIAB concept, but already loving it.

I am really looking forward to make my first beer (and the many that will follow… ;) ) and to experiment with recipes.

Until then, read, read, read…

Post #22 made 13 years ago
Binoclard wrote:Hi, I am from Switzerland, in a little town near Geneva.

Never brewed, just discovering the BIAB concept, but already loving it.

I am really looking forward to make my first beer (and the many that will follow… ;) ) and to experiment with recipes.

Until then, read, read, read…

Ein Schwiezer oder :)
Last edited by EoinMag on 23 Apr 2011, 06:56, edited 6 times in total.

Post #24 made 13 years ago
Binoclard wrote:
EoinMag wrote: Ein Schwiezer oder :)
Nope, "un Suisse", I live in the french speaking part of the country :lol:

Yeah after I posted I considered your name and thought you were probably "un Suisse".
Last edited by EoinMag on 23 Apr 2011, 20:30, edited 6 times in total.

Post #25 made 12 years ago
Traditional brewer from Scotland, Ayrshire...

I love the concept and theory behind BIAB, so I'm gonna do my first BIAB batch on Sat 3rd/Dec. I already have the math and recipe design with my experience in traditional 3 container AG, so I'm mainly looking to cut my brew days in half... :pray:
It was women who drove me to drink and I didn’t even have the decency to thank them...

Return to “Europe”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 17 guests